Post: PlayStation 3 Firmware 4.0 Set To Be The Next Major Update
10-03-2011, 11:06 PM #1
Curt
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
PlayStation 3 Firmware 4.0 Set To Be The Next Major Update
Source: You must login or register to view this content. // By: Curt // 04/10/2011

You must login or register to view this content.

When the time comes around for another major update on the PlayStation 3 software we're dazzled with a trunk load of features that consumers want and also more often than not, comes with a few problems that different users are confronted with the system. The initial idea of firmware updates that don’t bring new features, and instead fix security and bug issues will only keep PS3 users happy for a certain amount of time.

I'm more than positive Sony will be implanting a lot of PS Vita features on the next major PS3 update, but many PS3 users still want minor things like a black default theme option, or even better a color wheel would be amazing. The web browser itself also needs some improvements, although some users would like the choice of another browser like Google Chrome or Opera.

Read more You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Curt ; 10-04-2011 at 03:28 AM.

The following 24 users say thank you to Curt for this useful post:

Alpha, AMNE, Bathroom, burton992, ChefHOU, Chill, Cpt.Hayden, forcer911, Imtravvy, infinity_hacker, iWONDERif, JOT, jsonnerrr, kiddblaze18, lbalancel, Mezzid, Mudkip, Night Wolf, Reaper, SuperGamecube64, TONEY777, VHS, xShadow

The following 3 users groaned at Curt for this awful post:

riotmost, x420XP
10-18-2011, 01:03 PM #74
X0Reax
Keeper
This is very interesting thankyou Smile
10-18-2011, 02:56 PM #75
when do you think the release date for this is
10-25-2011, 01:40 PM #76
I think it will be to do with the new Sony Entertainment Group. I would like to see something like Love Film for the Video store. I subscribe to Love Film and it's amazing, but if I could get those in a download and in HD, that would be great.
A new XMB would be nice to see, as I would love to see some change to that, but the truth is, the XMB that we have now works fine, and half the time were not looking at that, were looking at a game. Improvements to the XMB would be nice, but I am not sure what they could improve.
A new default theme would be nice, I find the old one boring, but not everyone has the same opinion as me.
An update to remote play would be nice, as that is a flawed system at the moment. Maybe not flawed, but not that simple to use.
An addition of Skype to the PS3 would be a good idea. I'm not sure if that's possible, seeing as cross game chat isn't, but if they could do a partnership with Sony, that would be good.
10-25-2011, 05:53 PM #77
Dudevid
Do a barrel roll!
Super excited about this. Thanks for the update. Unlikely to be cross-game chat, though.
10-28-2011, 08:53 AM #78
Bryce24796
Pokemon Trainer
Quit wishing for cross-game chat, it is not possible and just use Skype.
10-30-2011, 12:53 AM #79
RG_Notorious
Save Point
They really need to make cross game chat like on xbox
11-01-2011, 07:26 PM #80
neoll
Keeper
Sony is crazy
11-02-2011, 10:48 PM #81
fux
|̶͇̿ ̶͇̿ ̶͇̿Winky Winky
this better be something actually worth waiting for.
11-23-2011, 07:32 AM #82
hope there is something new and not just some new features we dont need

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo