10-21-2011, 07:12 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello, Today I'd like to have an open discussion and collect opinions from everyone who plays regularly on the NGU minecraft server. We all know the server has its fair share of problems, some being more pressing than others. I am curious as to what other people think, and I would like to eventually make this into a poll and bring the most agreed upon issues up to Enzo for him to hopefully fix so the server can be better.

So as far as this thread goes, post what you personally find irritating about the server, and explain what you would like added/taken away, etc.

My Suggestions

• Another Admin.
I personally would like an active administrator on the server. I love you to death Enzo but you don't spend nearly enough time on your own server to help with the small things. I do think that we should have at least one more administrator who can effectively handle things inside the server such as WorldEdit/Guard. It would just be generally nice to have more admin presence on the server.

• Ditch the VIP world.
Simple. Nobody plays in it, and I'd MUCH rather prefer it be a nether world which is linked to survival.

• Flint and Steel Permissions for Premiums.
As of right now the only person who can light fires is Enzo. Considering there is no fire spread, I don't see how it would be a problem in letting the people who donated to the server be able to simply use flint and steel to light fireplaces and such. At a bare minimum let moderators have fire permissions.

• Clean up the Spawn.
The survival world spawn is atrocious. For some reason it isn't even protected, allowing anyone to freely break the spawn building. The area around the mall is protected for miles on end, yet the spawn isn't protected at all?

My Point in case:

You must login or register to view this content.

• Set Multiple homes for Premiums
Allow premiums to set more than 1 home. It's extremely annoying having to fly around aimlessly trying to find old buildings or landmarks when you could have simply set it as an additional home.

• Disable Enderman in survival
Probably the most annoying issue with survival right now. Their pearls have no purpose and they spawn in pairs and aimlessly walk around and grief your buildings and land, making the moderators job harder, having to respond to more grief reports and it turning out to have no log. Disabling them would not be hard at all, here are a few links to plugins that should do the job.

• Random seed for The next Map
For the love of all things holy, NO MORE GLACIER SEED!!! that map is so worn out it's insane. I'd rather have new places to explore in survival than the same landforms and biomes surrounding the spawn area on glacier

• Fix some Permissions
By default premiums have God mode and OwnBlocks, However we can't directly use either command in the survival world, instead having to go through an annoying process of warping between worlds to activate a simple command. Allow premiums to use those in survival legitimately
Last edited by MATT23116 ; 10-21-2011 at 08:00 PM.

The following 24 users say thank you to MATT23116 for this useful post:

bleepbleep, Bomb789, Call-Me-Master, Curt, dishcloth, duderly, ii_SNiPEzZ_xX, Jannis96, Jason Statham, Jayy, johndahon94-PS3, Laney, Liam, Merkii, MrJC, ngu me, Omshivam, PsYcHoSiS, RaZoR!, skitterz, Swade, ThereThatGuy

The following 2 users groaned at MATT23116 for this awful post:

--Ben-, PussayPatrol
10-21-2011, 08:52 PM #11
Jayy
Forever in debt to Jim and ENZO-F#
Originally posted by Merkii View Post
Cammy got mod when all those avo fanboy's attacked, I didn't influence it one bit :P lol I didn't even know he was mod :megusta: until like 1 day after.

Aight. I just thought you put a word in to enzo or something because we all know you two have a thing Winky Winky
10-21-2011, 09:14 PM #12
Default Avatar
Gizmo
Agree with pretty much all of them, I also think we should get the normal essentials plugin, rather than the one we have at the moment Happy

10-21-2011, 09:21 PM #13
Merkii
Former Staff
Originally posted by Gizmo View Post
Agree with pretty much all of them, I also think we should get the normal essentials plugin, rather than the one we have at the moment Happy

I think the essentials would interfere with like 10 plugins though, especially cos it uses it's own permissions / fire block control things/ and home :p
10-21-2011, 09:23 PM #14
Default Avatar
Gizmo
I think the essentials would interfere with like 10 plugins though, especially cos it uses it's own permissions / fire block control things/ and home :p

If you don't use essentials:protect and essentials:spawn it shouldn't interfere Smile .

It's all split up so using just essentials should be fine
10-21-2011, 09:41 PM #15
I SUPPORT YOU ALL THE WAY, Also could you make it so it Mods cant look though your LOCKED chests, im sick and tierd of seeing merkii taking my diamonds ( hes taken about 1 stack alltogeather, i actully have to hide them.), Also make it so when somebody tryes to tp to you, you can accept or denie it, Also when a VIP+ tps you to them, you should be able to accept or denie it.
10-21-2011, 09:47 PM #16
I think that the normal world would need creative mode it would be alot easier then getting the data values and this is a thread great good work matt
10-21-2011, 10:03 PM #17
Merkii
Former Staff
Originally posted by xX View Post
I SUPPORT YOU ALL THE WAY, Also could you make it so it Mods cant look though your LOCKED chests, im sick and tierd of seeing merkii taking my diamonds ( hes taken about 1 stack alltogeather, i actully have to hide them.), Also make it so when somebody tryes to tp to you, you can accept or denie it, Also when a VIP+ tps you to them, you should be able to accept or denie it.

mods can't look through your chests, Lol. Do you even play on the server? You can't tp without requesting. :lol:
10-21-2011, 10:17 PM #18
Originally posted by Fierce
How about telling us how much the monthly bill really is.

inb4 post deleted
inb4 sarcastic ngu fanboy reply

What are you talking about?

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Like gizmo said, It's broken down into different .jar's. I used Essentials with permissions, iConomy, and pretty much every plugin Enzo is using now and it worked without any problems.
10-21-2011, 10:38 PM #19
mods can't look through your chests, Lol. Do you even play on the server? You can't tp without requesting. :lol:

yes i do, and iv been tpd to without having to accept it

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo