10-21-2011, 07:12 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello, Today I'd like to have an open discussion and collect opinions from everyone who plays regularly on the NGU minecraft server. We all know the server has its fair share of problems, some being more pressing than others. I am curious as to what other people think, and I would like to eventually make this into a poll and bring the most agreed upon issues up to Enzo for him to hopefully fix so the server can be better.

So as far as this thread goes, post what you personally find irritating about the server, and explain what you would like added/taken away, etc.

My Suggestions

• Another Admin.
I personally would like an active administrator on the server. I love you to death Enzo but you don't spend nearly enough time on your own server to help with the small things. I do think that we should have at least one more administrator who can effectively handle things inside the server such as WorldEdit/Guard. It would just be generally nice to have more admin presence on the server.

• Ditch the VIP world.
Simple. Nobody plays in it, and I'd MUCH rather prefer it be a nether world which is linked to survival.

• Flint and Steel Permissions for Premiums.
As of right now the only person who can light fires is Enzo. Considering there is no fire spread, I don't see how it would be a problem in letting the people who donated to the server be able to simply use flint and steel to light fireplaces and such. At a bare minimum let moderators have fire permissions.

• Clean up the Spawn.
The survival world spawn is atrocious. For some reason it isn't even protected, allowing anyone to freely break the spawn building. The area around the mall is protected for miles on end, yet the spawn isn't protected at all?

My Point in case:

You must login or register to view this content.

• Set Multiple homes for Premiums
Allow premiums to set more than 1 home. It's extremely annoying having to fly around aimlessly trying to find old buildings or landmarks when you could have simply set it as an additional home.

• Disable Enderman in survival
Probably the most annoying issue with survival right now. Their pearls have no purpose and they spawn in pairs and aimlessly walk around and grief your buildings and land, making the moderators job harder, having to respond to more grief reports and it turning out to have no log. Disabling them would not be hard at all, here are a few links to plugins that should do the job.

• Random seed for The next Map
For the love of all things holy, NO MORE GLACIER SEED!!! that map is so worn out it's insane. I'd rather have new places to explore in survival than the same landforms and biomes surrounding the spawn area on glacier

• Fix some Permissions
By default premiums have God mode and OwnBlocks, However we can't directly use either command in the survival world, instead having to go through an annoying process of warping between worlds to activate a simple command. Allow premiums to use those in survival legitimately
Last edited by MATT23116 ; 10-21-2011 at 08:00 PM.

The following 24 users say thank you to MATT23116 for this useful post:

bleepbleep, Bomb789, Call-Me-Master, Curt, dishcloth, duderly, ii_SNiPEzZ_xX, Jannis96, Jason Statham, Jayy, johndahon94-PS3, Laney, Liam, Merkii, MrJC, ngu me, Omshivam, PsYcHoSiS, RaZoR!, skitterz, Swade, ThereThatGuy

The following 2 users groaned at MATT23116 for this awful post:

--Ben-, PussayPatrol
10-21-2011, 10:40 PM #20
Merkii
Former Staff
Originally posted by xX View Post
yes i do, and iv been tpd to without having to accept it

By who? Mods can, No one else though. Also I've never stole any of your diamonds, I have 100's already, why on earth would i steal 64? lol

The following 2 users say thank you to Merkii for this useful post:

Jayy, UnoDeluxe
10-22-2011, 12:15 AM #21
Default Avatar
Nate
Originally posted by MATT23116 View Post
Hello, Today I'd like to have an open discussion and collect opinions from everyone who plays regularly on the NGU minecraft server. We all know the server has its fair share of problems, some being more pressing than others. I am curious as to what other people think, and I would like to eventually make this into a poll and bring the most agreed upon issues up to Enzo for him to hopefully fix so the server can be better.

So as far as this thread goes, post what you personally find irritating about the server, and explain what you would like added/taken away, etc.

My Suggestions

• Another Admin.
I personally would like an active administrator on the server. I love you to death Enzo but you don't spend nearly enough time on your own server to help with the small things. I do think that we should have at least one more administrator who can effectively handle things inside the server such as WorldEdit/Guard. It would just be generally nice to have more admin presence on the server.

• Ditch the VIP world.
Simple. Nobody plays in it, and I'd MUCH rather prefer it be a nether world which is linked to survival.

As of right now the only person who can light fires is Enzo. Considering there is no fire spread, I don't see how it would be a problem in letting the people who donated to the server be able to simply use flint and steel to light fireplaces and such. At a bare minimum let moderators have fire permissions.

• Clean up the Spawn.
The survival world spawn is atrocious. For some reason it isn't even protected, allowing anyone to freely break the spawn building. The area around the mall is protected for miles on end, yet the spawn isn't protected at all?

My Point in case:

Allow premiums to set more than 1 home. It's extremely annoying having to fly around aimlessly trying to find old buildings or landmarks when you could have simply set it as an additional home.

Probably the most annoying issue with survival right now. Their pearls have no purpose and they spawn in pairs and aimlessly walk around and grief your buildings and land, making the moderators job harder, having to respond to more grief reports and it turning out to have no log. Disabling them would not be hard at all, here are a few links to plugins that should do the job.

For the love of all things holy, NO MORE GLACIER SEED!!! that map is so worn out it's insane. I'd rather have new places to explore in survival than the same landforms and biomes surrounding the spawn area on glacier

• Fix some Permissions
By default premiums have God mode and OwnBlocks, However we can't directly use either command in the survival world, instead having to go through an annoying process of warping between worlds to activate a simple command. Allow premiums to use those in survival legitimately

Not sure if this is already set up,
I haven't played on the server in a month and I don't know if this is possible, but what if you set aside a section for free build players.
People absolutely love freebuild server. :p
10-22-2011, 12:16 AM #22
Originally posted by Nate View Post
Not sure if this is already set up,
I haven't played on the server in a month and I don't know if this is possible, but what if you set aside a section for free build players.
People absolutely love freebuild server. :p

Freebuild as in unlimited supplies? The server has a creative world.
10-22-2011, 12:27 AM #23
Default Avatar
Nate
Freebuild as in unlimited supplies? The server has a creative world.

Disregard my suggestion then. :p
10-22-2011, 03:12 AM #24
Alfa
Banned
my suggestion is to only have the /home option with the /invite option as well and those being the only mods on the server the rest is vanilla and anything and be broken, if you dont want to be griefed you will have to go really far away which is logical is it not?
10-22-2011, 03:29 AM #25
i think ngu premium members should get premium on the server
10-22-2011, 08:22 AM #26
Default Avatar
Cammy
Originally posted by Warlockplayer19 View Post
i think ngu premium members should get premium on the server

Only problem with that is, the server is paid for by donations.
The main reason people donate is to get VIP or VIP+. We wouldn't be getting enough money to run the server if premiums got free VIP :(
10-22-2011, 12:37 PM #27
Dr.Fox
Foxeh =D
Hello, Today I'd like to have an open discussion and collect opinions from everyone who plays regularly on the NGU minecraft server. We all know the server has its fair share of problems, some being more pressing than others. I am curious as to what other people think, and I would like to eventually make this into a poll and bring the most agreed upon issues up to Enzo for him to hopefully fix so the server can be better.

My Suggestions

• Another Admin.

• Ditch the VIP world.

• Clean up the Spawn.

My Point in case:

• Fix some Permissions

I cant even play on the server - I was banned ? When i went onto the server nobody was talking to me - even though 12 people were online - its shit ! Nobody talked to me - then I got banned !
10-22-2011, 02:33 PM #28
Xanadu
Banned

My Suggestions

• Another Admin.

• Ditch the VIP world.

• Clean up the Spawn.

My Point in case:

• Fix some Permissions
i like the idea of the premiums

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo