10-21-2011, 07:12 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello, Today I'd like to have an open discussion and collect opinions from everyone who plays regularly on the NGU minecraft server. We all know the server has its fair share of problems, some being more pressing than others. I am curious as to what other people think, and I would like to eventually make this into a poll and bring the most agreed upon issues up to Enzo for him to hopefully fix so the server can be better.

So as far as this thread goes, post what you personally find irritating about the server, and explain what you would like added/taken away, etc.

My Suggestions

• Another Admin.
I personally would like an active administrator on the server. I love you to death Enzo but you don't spend nearly enough time on your own server to help with the small things. I do think that we should have at least one more administrator who can effectively handle things inside the server such as WorldEdit/Guard. It would just be generally nice to have more admin presence on the server.

• Ditch the VIP world.
Simple. Nobody plays in it, and I'd MUCH rather prefer it be a nether world which is linked to survival.

• Flint and Steel Permissions for Premiums.
As of right now the only person who can light fires is Enzo. Considering there is no fire spread, I don't see how it would be a problem in letting the people who donated to the server be able to simply use flint and steel to light fireplaces and such. At a bare minimum let moderators have fire permissions.

• Clean up the Spawn.
The survival world spawn is atrocious. For some reason it isn't even protected, allowing anyone to freely break the spawn building. The area around the mall is protected for miles on end, yet the spawn isn't protected at all?

My Point in case:

You must login or register to view this content.

• Set Multiple homes for Premiums
Allow premiums to set more than 1 home. It's extremely annoying having to fly around aimlessly trying to find old buildings or landmarks when you could have simply set it as an additional home.

• Disable Enderman in survival
Probably the most annoying issue with survival right now. Their pearls have no purpose and they spawn in pairs and aimlessly walk around and grief your buildings and land, making the moderators job harder, having to respond to more grief reports and it turning out to have no log. Disabling them would not be hard at all, here are a few links to plugins that should do the job.

• Random seed for The next Map
For the love of all things holy, NO MORE GLACIER SEED!!! that map is so worn out it's insane. I'd rather have new places to explore in survival than the same landforms and biomes surrounding the spawn area on glacier

• Fix some Permissions
By default premiums have God mode and OwnBlocks, However we can't directly use either command in the survival world, instead having to go through an annoying process of warping between worlds to activate a simple command. Allow premiums to use those in survival legitimately
Last edited by MATT23116 ; 10-21-2011 at 08:00 PM.

The following 24 users say thank you to MATT23116 for this useful post:

bleepbleep, Bomb789, Call-Me-Master, Curt, dishcloth, duderly, ii_SNiPEzZ_xX, Jannis96, Jason Statham, Jayy, johndahon94-PS3, Laney, Liam, Merkii, MrJC, ngu me, Omshivam, PsYcHoSiS, RaZoR!, skitterz, Swade, ThereThatGuy

The following 2 users groaned at MATT23116 for this awful post:

--Ben-, PussayPatrol
10-21-2011, 07:18 PM #2
I SUPPORT all of it, there needs to be another full blown admin because no one really human can be on for 24/7 so if there's another admin, that takes care of that. 2nd, the VIP world is pointless because it just takes up server space, it should be replaced by the nether especially in 1.9 when there's a million new nether supplies. Then norms should be able to set one home, and prems and up get to set multiple. Then definitely a new world for 1.9 not repeated glacier, you won't even need a seed for 1.9 there's gonna be so many nice mountainsSmile

The following user thanked skitterz for this useful post:

10-21-2011, 07:19 PM #3
Jayy
Forever in debt to Jim and ENZO-F#
Originally posted by MATT23116 View Post
Hello,

I have to agree with almost everything Matt says. But the multi-homes for premiums would leave VIP+'s without anything exclusive then. Also I have a concern. When we warp from a long distance there is like a void that appears underneath you causing you to bounce up and down on it, every time this happens we have to leave and then join back ect ect. Also beings as premiums and vip's can get god mode in survival why not give the perms to just type it in, in survival? Going back to what Matt said. Another admin is needed. The presence of a admin just calm's everyone down and sets a tone on the server. Also I think there are too many mods who don't stay active. The whole mod on ngu, mod on the server is fair enough but what if your on the server more than most people. Don't you get a chance at mod? Final point I think VIP+ deserve more things for survival. I personally have donated $10 so I am a VIP+. We only have Multi homes and that's buggy. Can we have some other cool stuff that will make people want to donate?

The following user thanked Jayy for this useful post:

10-21-2011, 07:22 PM #4
Default Avatar
Cammy
Another Admin.
I personally would like an active administrator on the server. I love you to death Enzo but you don't spend nearly enough time on your own server to help with the small things. I do think that we should have at least one more administrator who can effectively handle things inside the server such as WorldEdit/Guard. It would just be generally nice to have more admin presence on the server.

Agreed definitely. I would also suggest yourself for the role, you ran your own successful server. You're more than capable for the job.

Ditch the VIP world.
Simple. Nobody plays in it, and I'd MUCH rather prefer it be a nether world which is linked to survival.

Once again, agreed.

Flint and Steel Permissions for Premiums.
As of right now the only person who can light fires is Enzo. Considering there is no fire spread, I don't see how it would be a problem in letting the people who donated to the server be able to simply use flint and steel to light fireplaces and such. At a bare minimum let moderators have fire permissions.

Mehh maybe, I don't really think it's necessary :p

Clean up the Spawn.
The survival world spawn is atrocious. For some reason it isn't even protected, allowing anyone to freely break the spawn building. The area around the mall is protected for miles on end, yet the spawn isn't protected at all?

If I'm honest we need a better spawn, I only built that small hut with world edit because people were digging down, it was meant to be temporary but then Enzo removed my world edit permissions in survival.

Set Multiple homes for Premiums
Allow premiums to set more than 1 home. It's extremely annoying having to fly around aimlessly trying to find old buildings or landmarks when you could have simply set it as an additional home.

Pretty sure Enzo said it isn't compatible with our build.

Disable Enderman in survival
Probably the most annoying issue with survival right now. Their pearls have no purpose and they spawn in pairs and aimlessly walk around and grief your buildings and land, making the moderators job harder, having to respond to more grief reports and it turning out to have no log. Disabling them would not be hard at all, here are a few links to plugins that should do the job.

Definitely agreed.

Random seed for The next Map
For the love of all things holy, NO MORE GLACIER SEED!!! that map is so worn out it's insane. I'd rather have new places to explore in survival than the same landforms and biomes surrounding the spawn area on glacier

Agreed once again.

=D
10-21-2011, 07:24 PM #5
Default Avatar
Cade
Hello, Today I'd like to have an open discussion and collect opinions from everyone who plays regularly on the NGU minecraft server. We all know the server has its fair share of problems, some being more pressing than others. I am curious as to what other people think, and I would like to eventually make this into a poll and bring the most agreed upon issues up to Enzo for him to hopefully fix so the server can be better.

So as far as this thread goes, post what you personally find irritating about the server, and explain what you would like added/taken away, etc.

My Suggestions

• Another Admin.

• Ditch the VIP world.

• Flint and Steel Permissions for Premiums.

• Clean up the Spawn.

• Set Multiple homes for Premiums

• Disable Enderman in survival

• Random seed for The next Map

I agree with all of these, I can't stand the enderman (One of the reasons I stopped playing survival)
Last edited by Team Ƨix ; 10-21-2011 at 07:32 PM.
10-21-2011, 07:24 PM #6
Default Avatar
Cammy
Originally posted by Jayy View Post
I have to agree with almost everything Matt says. But the multi-homes for premiums would leave VIP+'s without anything exclusive then. Also I have a concern. When we warp from a long distance there is like a void that appears underneath you causing you to bounce up and down on it, every time this happens we have to leave and then join back ect ect. Also beings as premiums and vip's can get god mode in survival why not give the perms to just type it in, in survival? Going back to what Matt said. Another admin is needed. The presence of a admin just calm's everyone down and sets a tone on the server. Also I think there are too many mods who don't stay active. The whole mod on ngu, mod on the server is fair enough but what if your on the server more than most people. Don't you get a chance at mod? Final point I think VIP+ deserve more things for survival. I personally have donated $10 so I am a VIP+. We only have Multi homes and that's buggy. Can we have some other cool stuff that will make people want to donate?

You do have a chance :p Otherwise I wouldn't be mod.
10-21-2011, 07:28 PM #7
Jayy
Forever in debt to Jim and ENZO-F#
Originally posted by Cammmmy View Post
You do have a chance :p Otherwise I wouldn't be mod.

I've gone over this with enzo. Your mod because he needed one mod and you were VIP+. I mainly think merkii helped get you mod but that's a different story. I'm just saying. Enzo will never make me mod. /fact. He lives on people's pasts. He's never seen me as a mod on a MC server but he'll still judge me.

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Originally posted by Team
I agree with all of these, I can't stand the enderman (One of the reasons I stopped playing survival)

I already talked to enzo about the multiple home for premiums, but it hadn't ported to 1.8.1 yet.

VIP+'s have multi homes.
10-21-2011, 07:58 PM #8
i havent yet been on the NGU Server, ill check it out soon :p
10-21-2011, 08:07 PM #9
Default Avatar
DeNo
you need good admins that will not allow people to be rude on our server because ive seen alot of greivers and people being basically twats so yeh and ill be admin or mod or what ever! im on it 24/7 lol
10-21-2011, 08:36 PM #10
Merkii
Former Staff
Originally posted by Jayy View Post
I've gone over this with enzo. Your mod because he needed one mod and you were VIP+. I mainly think merkii helped get you mod but that's a different story. I'm just saying. Enzo will never make me mod. /fact. He lives on people's pasts. He's never seen me as a mod on a MC server but he'll still judge me.

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

VIP+'s have multi homes.

Cammy got mod when all those avo fanboy's attacked, I didn't influence it one bit :P lol I didn't even know he was mod :megusta: until like 1 day after.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo