03-05-2013, 10:57 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Evenin' all,

Switching your paint is easy and requires very little time, so you can do this while modding other things. I will need help compiling a list of paint codes, but for now I have the Golden Chrome! No more paint chips!

First off, when you open the gt-5 file, hit CTRL+G, and type in :

0000E840

Now you should see something looking like 00 FF FF FF

You must login or register to view this content.

The selected code in the above image is the paint data. This is the only thing that needs changing in order to repaint your car.

Here are some paint codes :

Gold Chrome : 01 11 FF FF
Reflex Purple : 00 92 1F FF
Nero Nemesis : 01 9E 3F FF
DefaultColour : 00 00 00 00
Matte Dark Grey : 01 0F A3 55
Frankfurt Gray Pearl : 00 09 1F FF
Burning Red : 00 0E 3F FF
Yellow : 00 5F DF FF
Can-Am White : 00 99 3F FF
Light French Blue : 00 54 3F FF
Dolphin grey : 00 9F DF FF
Aurora Flare Blue Pearl (2P) : 01 9F DF FF
Default Color : 03 FF FF FF (Note, this is the first color the car came in, NOT just very dark black)
Electric Orange : 00 63 7F FF
Ultimate Black : 00 7D 5F FF
Matte white : 05 0F 5F FF
Matte black 05 0F 3F FF

More codes here :

You must login or register to view this content.

Got the chrome code after repainting a Veyron. I imported it to a GT-R'07 and a Ford GT-40 '06, both have worked.

Of course, after editing, update and recompile the document, replace the save, load up GT5 and go into GT Auto. If the car has indeed changed color, buy an oil change (burn a mile in a new car online quickly before re painting) then go into your garage, highlight the thumbnail of your car, press Triangle, select "Create a Thumbnail" and either :
- Favorite it, and go into the Favorite menu to see it fixed
- Go into a different menu (Simply switching from Premium/Standard or Standard/Premium) and go back.

You now have a Gold Car! With a fixed thumbnail!

Credits :

- Vectriixx, for his amazing tutorials, without which I would ever have done this.
- Bounkass, for being there when I found the code Winky Winky
- dr1ft3r, for helping me fix the thumbnail.
- ANYBODY who has either PM'd me a color, or posted a color.

Regards, Tidus.
Last edited by xXtidusFRXx ; 03-13-2013 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Removed green chrome, colors I said I wasn't gonna post...

The following 9 users say thank you to xXtidusFRXx for this useful post:

Bounkass, duff77, MoLieG, PounDJo0DoGz0r, ryd3r, Sheowl, soupie, tuxsavvy, vdubbin
03-22-2013, 09:23 PM #155
tuxsavvy
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by raduboxer View Post
im trying to change my toyota 86 tueno red can someone help

Trueno red isn't available as a paint chip. The original AE86 two tone colours never gave any paint chips, even when you try to view it in hex I'm sure it would be in Default Colour i.e. factory standard paint.
03-22-2013, 10:10 PM #156
Eat_Ur_Food
Vault dweller
Originally posted by tuxsavvy View Post
Trueno red isn't available as a paint chip. The original AE86 two tone colours never gave any paint chips, even when you try to view it in hex I'm sure it would be in Default Colour i.e. factory standard paint.

I think the Trueno is a version of the AE86 and he wants to paint it red. So far I've come across a few really nice red shades but haven't gotten a chance to try them all out, too many lol. You are right, cars that come with two tone paints have the color tied in with the body code.
03-23-2013, 12:55 AM #157
tuxsavvy
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by Food View Post
I think the Trueno is a version of the AE86 and he wants to paint it red. So far I've come across a few really nice red shades but haven't gotten a chance to try them all out, too many lol. You are right, cars that come with two tone paints have the color tied in with the body code.

Yup its basically AE86 with popup headlights, another tell-tale sign of the variances between two AE86 is to look at S. Shigeno version. That is a trueno only AE86 (with the obvious differences in sporting a carbon fibre bonnet).

I probably also wouldn't personally try out all of the shades of red just to get that AE86 lookalike colour. Even if one manages to get the paint of it, one still must realise that the paint covers the entire body. Unlike the old two toned colouring where there's two contrasting colours on the exact same body.
03-25-2013, 08:17 PM #158
I tried to change the colour of a RedBull 2010 but it didn't work, the game says that it is gold chrome but when I load it up in a race or anywhere where I can see the car it appears in the original red that I bought it in. Could I be doing something wrong?
03-25-2013, 08:51 PM #159
SnoopDenver
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by khany1234 View Post
I tried to change the colour of a RedBull 2010 but it didn't work, the game says that it is gold chrome but when I load it up in a race or anywhere where I can see the car it appears in the original red that I bought it in. Could I be doing something wrong?

The only thing you're doing wrong is trying to paint an X2010. They're all unpaintable except for the 5G X2010. Once you apply a paint code it goes to default red livery.
03-25-2013, 11:05 PM #160
Has anybody tried to Paint a Nismo GTR LM Edition or a Nismo 400R ???
04-08-2013, 02:41 PM #161
trblzm1
Save Point
Originally posted by molieg View Post
has anybody tried to paint a nismo gtr lm edition or a nismo 400r ???

done and dusted

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo