03-05-2013, 10:57 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Evenin' all,

Switching your paint is easy and requires very little time, so you can do this while modding other things. I will need help compiling a list of paint codes, but for now I have the Golden Chrome! No more paint chips!

First off, when you open the gt-5 file, hit CTRL+G, and type in :

0000E840

Now you should see something looking like 00 FF FF FF

You must login or register to view this content.

The selected code in the above image is the paint data. This is the only thing that needs changing in order to repaint your car.

Here are some paint codes :

Gold Chrome : 01 11 FF FF
Reflex Purple : 00 92 1F FF
Nero Nemesis : 01 9E 3F FF
DefaultColour : 00 00 00 00
Matte Dark Grey : 01 0F A3 55
Frankfurt Gray Pearl : 00 09 1F FF
Burning Red : 00 0E 3F FF
Yellow : 00 5F DF FF
Can-Am White : 00 99 3F FF
Light French Blue : 00 54 3F FF
Dolphin grey : 00 9F DF FF
Aurora Flare Blue Pearl (2P) : 01 9F DF FF
Default Color : 03 FF FF FF (Note, this is the first color the car came in, NOT just very dark black)
Electric Orange : 00 63 7F FF
Ultimate Black : 00 7D 5F FF
Matte white : 05 0F 5F FF
Matte black 05 0F 3F FF

More codes here :

Got the chrome code after repainting a Veyron. I imported it to a GT-R'07 and a Ford GT-40 '06, both have worked.

Of course, after editing, update and recompile the document, replace the save, load up GT5 and go into GT Auto. If the car has indeed changed color, buy an oil change (burn a mile in a new car online quickly before re painting) then go into your garage, highlight the thumbnail of your car, press Triangle, select "Create a Thumbnail" and either :
- Favorite it, and go into the Favorite menu to see it fixed
- Go into a different menu (Simply switching from Premium/Standard or Standard/Premium) and go back.

You now have a Gold Car! With a fixed thumbnail!

Credits :

- Vectriixx, for his amazing tutorials, without which I would ever have done this.
- Bounkass, for being there when I found the code Winky Winky
- dr1ft3r, for helping me fix the thumbnail.
- ANYBODY who has either PM'd me a color, or posted a color.

Regards, Tidus.
Last edited by xXtidusFRXx ; 03-13-2013 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Removed green chrome, colors I said I wasn't gonna post...

The following 9 users say thank you to xXtidusFRXx for this useful post:

Bounkass, duff77, MoLieG, PounDJo0DoGz0r, ryd3r, Sheowl, soupie, tuxsavvy, vdubbin
03-06-2013, 10:05 AM #20
I have disc BCES-00569 :p , I have never tried paint switching a GT Academy car, because I've never had one.
That said, what Driftor's tip about only changing 00 FF FF FF works! But to make sure, when you load up, go into GT Auto and get an oil change. Then, Highlight the car in the garage list, press Triangle, select Create a Thumbnail, back out and go back, and presto! hte whole thing is fixed!

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

New tutorial up! Easier to follow, and has all the things needed to fix the thumbnail!

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Changed the color of an F2007!!!

The following user thanked xXtidusFRXx for this useful post:

tuxsavvy
03-06-2013, 10:24 AM #21
Originally posted by xXtidusFRXx View Post
Evenin' all,

Well I'm not going to get anywhere with the non-paintable paint switching, so I might as well upload my findings so far. This works for all cars that can be painted. I have tried it on cars like the DeLorean, the X2010, the F2007, etc, nothing works.
The only thing missing is the thumbnail, which I suspect is just next to it. But fuck the thumbnail.
If you know how, I promise NOT to share. Seriously, you found it, you release it.

Switching your paint is easy and requires very little time, so you can do this while modding other things. I will need help compiling a list of paint codes, but for now I have the Golden Chrome! No more paint chips!

First off, when you open the gt-5 file, hit CTRL+G, and type in :

0000E840

Now you should see something looking like 00 FF FF FF

The selected code in the above image is the paint data. This is the only thing that needs changing in order to repaint your car.

Here are some paint codes :

Gold Chrome : 01 11 FF FF
Reflex Purple : 00 92 1F FF
Nero Nemesis : 01 9E 3F FF
DefaultColour : 00 00 00 00
Matte Dark Grey : 01 0F A3 55
Frankfurt Gray Pearl : 00 09 1F FF
Burning Red : 00 0E 3F FF
Yellow : 00 5F DF FF
Can-Am White : 00 99 3F FF
Light French Blue : 00 54 3F FF
Dolphin grey : 00 9F DF FF
Aurora Flare Blue Pearl (2P) : 01 9F DF FF
Default Color : 03 FF FF FF (Note, this is the first color the car came in, NOT just very dark black)
Electric Orange : 00 63 7F FF
Ultimate Black : 00 7D 5F FF

Got the chrome code after repainting a Veyron. I imported it to a GT-R'07 and a Ford GT-40 '06, both have worked.

Of course, after editing, update and recompile the document, replace the save, load up GT5 and go into GT Auto. If the car has indeed changed color, buy an oil change (burn a mile in a new car online quickly before re painting) then go into your garage, highlight the thumbnail of your car, press Triangle, select "Create a Thumbnail" and either :
- Favorite it, and go into the Favorite menu to see it fixed
- Go into a different menu (Simply switching from Premium/Standard or Standard/Premium) and go back.

You now have a Gold Car! With a fixed thumbnail!

Credits :

- Vectriixx, for his amazing tutorials, without which I would ever have done this.
- Bounkass, for being there when I found the code Winky Winky
- dr1ft3r, for helping me fix the thumbnail.
- ANYBODY who has either PM'd me a color, or posted a color.

Regards, Tidus.

I was happy and excited until this:
Originally posted by Tidus
burn a mile in a new car online quickly

I'm console banned Gaspkay:, thanks for sharing by the way!
03-06-2013, 10:46 AM #22
Originally posted by SoamV2 View Post
I was happy and excited until this:

I'm console banned Gaspkay:, thanks for sharing by the way!

Oh no need for online :p In practice, a race, anywhere so you can change the oil.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Need silver chrome people Not Happy or Sad"
03-06-2013, 11:32 AM #23
I'm slowly building a database in Excel of all the color codes, this could take forever.
03-06-2013, 12:26 PM #24
duff77
Keeper
Silver Chrome 01 11 DF FF
03-06-2013, 12:50 PM #25
Originally posted by Foyt View Post
I'm slowly building a database in Excel of all the color codes, this could take forever.

Cool, seems inetresting ^^
03-06-2013, 01:41 PM #26
tuxsavvy
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by xXtidusFRXx View Post
I have disc BCES-00569 :p , I have never tried paint switching a GT Academy car, because I've never had one.
That said, what Driftor's tip about only changing 00 FF FF FF works! But to make sure, when you load up, go into GT Auto and get an oil change. Then, Highlight the car in the garage list, press Triangle, select Create a Thumbnail, back out and go back, and presto! hte whole thing is fixed!

I thought you might had BCUS version instead of BCES. Maybe there's no differences here between BCUS and BCES in terms of changing paint on cars. Nonetheless I got it working on mine when I figured out. Instead of comparing the differences between the three files when two of them were supposed to be the exact same car except for before and after paint and then cross referencing on the third file which was supposed to have the same paint on the car that was been painted. I may as well just try hex it and see if it does change anything.

On certain cars where I can't do any of the change oil, etc. I've devised a different method which is slower but it still works. The trick is essentially the same when hexing for power multipliers with a few changes:
- Go into GT auto
- Exit out of GT auto
- Go into garage and switch to another car
- Exit out of garage and wait for the "Saving..." bar to disappear.
- Go back into garage and switch back to the car that you had hexed the paint chip of.
- Exit out of garage and wait for the "Saving..." bar to disappear.
- Go back into the garage and change to another car.
- Exit out of garage and wait for the "Saving..." bar to disappear. By now the car with hexed paint should appear differently, if not switch back to the same car and switch back out again.

*OFFTOPIC* If you like I could share the "borrow-able" GT Academy cars. There's 12 of them in total but I only have 11 of them, out of 11 of them 2 of them are tradeable and the rest are not tradeable. GT Academy 2012 consists of 8 cars so I can share 6 of them at a time and once you have those cars (ideally I'd prefer you to use the permanent borrow glitch app) I can then switch to the rest of the GT Academy 2012 along with 2 tradeable cars.

The story with the other GT Academy cars including the 11th one, one of them is the You must login or register to view this content.which rumours say that you cannot borrow it even if the other person has that car on share. The last GT Academy is the N24 GT Academy which is a DLC car that you can get from PS Store, again you cannot borrow the car without the key.

Originally posted by Foyt View Post

If it helps, GTPlanet has a huge spreadsheet of cars and paints in Excel format. You could rip the paints out of that (obviously ask for permission if you are planning to make that spreadsheet public) and use that as the basis for hex codes. Albeit it doesn't really help with the overall process of having to identify each individual paint chips and their hex codes but at least you could use that as a basis.

Good luck and I hope you will publish that spreadsheet! Smile
03-06-2013, 02:09 PM #27
Originally posted by tuxsavvy View Post
If it helps, GTPlanet has a huge spreadsheet of cars and paints in Excel format. You could rip the paints out of that (obviously ask for permission if you are planning to make that spreadsheet public) and use that as the basis for hex codes. Albeit it doesn't really help with the overall process of having to identify each individual paint chips and their hex codes but at least you could use that as a basis.

Good luck and I hope you will publish that spreadsheet! Smile

I do have that spread sheet but there are just way too many colors try and build a complete database of color hex codes. Right now I'm just build the list of color that I use most frequently.
03-06-2013, 02:28 PM #28
Found the rim code. Not sharing cause it's fucked up. Let you all know when I make some progress.
For fun, type in a random bunch of numbers and letters xD
Last edited by xXtidusFRXx ; 03-06-2013 at 02:43 PM.

The following user thanked xXtidusFRXx for this useful post:

Eat_Ur_Food

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo