01-23-2010, 11:34 AM #1
Oc
****ING NINJA SHIT
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Geohot is back (hacked the Iphone with jailbreak), on a recent blog post claims to be the first one who hacked the PS3 system.
The hacking process took over 3 years, so we can say it's a pretty secure system eh?

Originally posted by another user
I have read/write access to the entire system memory, and HV level access to the processor. In other words, I have hacked the PS3. The rest is just software. And reversing. I have a lot of reversing ahead of me, as I now have dumps of LV0 and LV1. I've also dumped the NAND without removing it or a modchip.

3 years, 2 months, 11 days...thats a pretty secure system

Took 5 weeks, 3 in Boston, 2 here, very simple hardware cleverly applied, and some not so simple software.

Shout out to George Kharrat from iPhoneMod Brasil for giving me this PS3 a year and a half ago to hack. Sorry it took me so long Smile

As far as the exploit goes, I'm not revealing it yet. The theory isn't really patchable, but they can make implementations much harder. Also, for obvious reasons I can't post dumps. I'm hoping to find the decryption keys and post them, but they may be embedded in hardware. Hopefully keys are setup like the iPhone's KBAG.

Flashed PS3 systems/ISO disc booting?
Discuss!

-Oc

The following user thanked Oc for this useful post:

+sFx. FeLiciTy
01-24-2010, 01:58 PM #20
Originally posted by Charaky View Post
WOOP, plus ive heard of a special method u can do to make copies or backups of your blurays on the ps3 without the need for a computer, didnt really read it all hough

Bro, that's old news!
01-24-2010, 02:11 PM #21
Charaky
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Greked View Post
Bro, that's old news!

lol yea I read about it aaaages ago and it just popped into my head thn, spose I would still help in this case though eh?
01-24-2010, 02:15 PM #22
Originally posted by Charaky View Post
lol yea I read about it aaaages ago and it just popped into my head thn, spose I would still help in this case though eh?

Yeah, true dat
01-24-2010, 03:11 PM #23
This is ****ing EPIC! Cant wait till he releases this. Happy
01-24-2010, 03:58 PM #24
hacking takes the fun out of stuff. all the games on the ps3 store are boring now LOL >_> if only ps3 got l4d2 thats be nice
01-26-2010, 01:36 PM #25
griffo2002uk
E Pluribis Unum
This will be awesom if it is true.....seems credible as well if he is the hacker who craked Iphone!!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo