01-19-2014, 07:44 AM #1
Psychomancer
I am error
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have a 60GB CECHA01 that started having freezing issues while playing ps3 games. Still played PS2, Bluray and DVD fine. It was sent into Sony several years ago outside of warranty for a repair on the USB ports out of my own pocket. The USB ports are again giving me problems, have to jiggle them around a lot to get connection to sync a controller. The card slots still work just fine as does the Bluetooth.

To help prevent a YLOD I upgraded the fan to the 19 blade and put in the compatible lower wattage PSU. Also added arctic silver between the fan heatsink and the heat block that is on the RSK and CELL. Did not remove the block and put new heat paste in there, might have to do that.

Shortly after turning on the fan kicks up to max while doing nothing. The system is running OFW 3.66

So my question is, is there a way for me to get a CFW on this system that will allow me to do all the niffty back up game playing, trophy cracking, as well as installing other OS?
If there is, what might be the issue with the USB ports? If I can get the USBs working and a good CFW on here, I want to water cool it.

If there is no way to CFW it, then I suppose I may as well buy a system that can be modded. If that is the case what should I be looking for?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
01-19-2014, 08:51 AM #11
Originally posted by Master0wn3r View Post
Im not sure if progskeet is solderless on NAND :/

In kit..Includes Nand Clip You must login or register to view this content.
01-19-2014, 08:53 AM #12
Originally posted by Psychomancer View Post
dang thats a lot of little soldering.... You must login or register to view this content. as far as my sleep deprived brain says i should use TEENSY++2.0.... looks like alot of soldering

so any ideas as to the USB problem? When i had the system apart i checked for broken solder points. all seemed well. my only guess now would be the USB ports themselves? Cause like i said jiggling them a bit gets a connection for me.

Is there someone trustworthy that could flash for me? I think i could replace the USB ports but soldering on actual chips makes me kind of nervous.

Well like i said in my last post If you get projskeet there is a soderless clip that comes in the package... You must login or register to view this content.
01-19-2014, 08:53 AM #13
Psychomancer
I am error
Im not sure if progskeet is solderless on NAND :/
Edit, did some research found there ar clips, but still require a few wires to be soldered

Originally posted by Google View Post
Yes You must use a dongle of some sort, Nand and Nor can both Be downgraded, In your case you have a NAND model PS3 You must login or register to view this content. (First one on the list) Your two options are Projskeet You must login or register to view this content. OR Teensy "Sorry im not sure where to find that one...

The all in one bundle deal google linked here says they have a solderless clip available, its just currently out of stock.... but dang is it spendy!! Could almost buy a BC PS3 3.55 OFW or older on ebay for close to the price of that kit.
01-19-2014, 08:54 AM #14
Master0wn3r
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by Google View Post
Well like i said in my last post If you get projskeet there is a soderless chip that comes in the package... You must login or register to view this content.

But still required a little soldering to power the dump board and batteries
01-19-2014, 08:56 AM #15
Master0wn3r
I’m too L33T
Watch You must login or register to view this content. video to check out how it looks like when dumping/ flashing
01-19-2014, 08:56 AM #16
Originally posted by Psychomancer View Post
The all in one bundle deal google linked here says they have a solderless clip available, its just currently out of stock.... but dang is it spendy!! Could almost buy a BC PS3 3.55 OFW or older on ebay for close to the price of that kit.

Yes So its really up to you on how much you would like to spend. Bu I am not sure on whats up with your usb ports sorry...
01-19-2014, 08:58 AM #17
Master0wn3r
I’m too L33T
What he can try for the usb ports, solder new ones on the motherboard, but i dont think this is a common
Fix for broken usb ports
01-19-2014, 09:01 AM #18
Psychomancer
I am error
Watch You must login or register to view this content. video to check out how it looks like when dumping/ flashing

wow thats pretty slick. no soldering to the ps3 board at all i like that, just a matter of not spending an arm and leg on it then. PS3 with BC and 3.55 or less on ebay anyways go for 150 - 350 so gotta do some shopping.

Next question, do any of the CFW version allow for other OS as well as all the back up play and trophy fun?
01-19-2014, 09:02 AM #19
Psychomancer
I am error
What he can try for the usb ports, solder new ones on the motherboard, but i dont think this is a common
Fix for broken usb ports

yeah this is what im thinking about doing. fairly cheap to do. couple cents for new USB posts.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo