01-19-2014, 07:44 AM #1
Psychomancer
I am error
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have a 60GB CECHA01 that started having freezing issues while playing ps3 games. Still played PS2, Bluray and DVD fine. It was sent into Sony several years ago outside of warranty for a repair on the USB ports out of my own pocket. The USB ports are again giving me problems, have to jiggle them around a lot to get connection to sync a controller. The card slots still work just fine as does the Bluetooth.

To help prevent a YLOD I upgraded the fan to the 19 blade and put in the compatible lower wattage PSU. Also added arctic silver between the fan heatsink and the heat block that is on the RSK and CELL. Did not remove the block and put new heat paste in there, might have to do that.

Shortly after turning on the fan kicks up to max while doing nothing. The system is running OFW 3.66

So my question is, is there a way for me to get a CFW on this system that will allow me to do all the niffty back up game playing, trophy cracking, as well as installing other OS?
If there is, what might be the issue with the USB ports? If I can get the USBs working and a good CFW on here, I want to water cool it.

If there is no way to CFW it, then I suppose I may as well buy a system that can be modded. If that is the case what should I be looking for?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
01-19-2014, 08:24 AM #2
Originally posted by Psychomancer View Post
I have a 60GB CECHA01 that started having freezing issues while playing ps3 games. Still played PS2, Bluray and DVD fine. It was sent into Sony several years ago outside of warranty for a repair on the USB ports out of my own pocket. The USB ports are again giving me problems, have to jiggle them around a lot to get connection to sync a controller. The card slots still work just fine as does the Bluetooth.

To help prevent a YLOD I upgraded the fan to the 19 blade and put in the compatible lower wattage PSU. Also added arctic silver between the fan heatsink and the heat block that is on the RSK and CELL. Did not remove the block and put new heat paste in there, might have to do that.

Shortly after turning on the fan kicks up to max while doing nothing. The system is running OFW 3.66

So my question is, is there a way for me to get a CFW on this system that will allow me to do all the niffty back up game playing, trophy cracking, as well as installing other OS?
If there is, what might be the issue with the USB ports? If I can get the USBs working and a good CFW on here, I want to water cool it.

If there is no way to CFW it, then I suppose I may as well buy a system that can be modded. If that is the case what should I be looking for?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Well since your system is on OFW 3.66, You unfortunately still need a Projskeet/teensy to downgrade your system. Here is a link that can guide you throughout the entire process You must login or register to view this content.
Have any questions feel free to quote me or PM me..
Last edited by -Tavin- ; 01-19-2014 at 08:30 AM.
01-19-2014, 08:28 AM #3
Master0wn3r
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by Google View Post
Well since your system is on OFW 3.66, You unfortunately still need a E3 Flasher to downgrade your system. Here is a link that can guide you throughout the entire process You must login or register to view this content.

He cant use a E3 flasher on that model as its NAND, he has to go with a progskeet / teensy, but im not sure if these are solderless on NAND consoles
01-19-2014, 08:31 AM #4
Originally posted by Master0wn3r View Post
He cant use a E3 flasher on that model as its NAND, he has to go with a progskeet / teensy, but im not sure if these are solderless on NAND consoles

Thank you. I forgot to check the Model before posting if it was E3 or projskeet...
01-19-2014, 08:35 AM #5
Psychomancer
I am error
Everything Ive been reading is saying that the only way to get my system down to 3.55 so i can install CFW is with a flasher of some kind. Apparently there are several versions now? Also have seen conflicting info about NAND and NOR which one can be downgraded at all.
01-19-2014, 08:43 AM #6
Master0wn3r
I’m too L33T
Everything Ive been reading is saying that the only way to get my system down to 3.55 so i can install CFW is with a flasher of some kind. Apparently there are several versions now? Also have seen conflicting info about NAND and NOR which one can be downgraded at all.

Yes there are multiple flasher with their own pros and cons,
I recommend you chech You must login or register to view this content. out
If you are not familliar with soldering, you can either buy a local service to do it for you.
Or lay down 200 bucks for a CFW console
01-19-2014, 08:44 AM #7

Yes You must use a dongle of some sort, Nand and Nor can both Be downgraded, In your case you have a NAND model PS3 You must login or register to view this content. (First one on the list) Your two options are Projskeet You must login or register to view this content. OR Teensy "Sorry im not sure where to find that one...
01-19-2014, 08:45 AM #8
Originally posted by Master0wn3r View Post
Yes there are multiple flasher with their own pros and cons,
I recommend you chech You must login or register to view this content. out
If you are not familliar with soldering, you can either buy a local service to do it for you.
Or lay down 200 bucks for a CFW console

You can buy a clip for Projskeet instead of soldering
01-19-2014, 08:49 AM #9
Master0wn3r
I’m too L33T
You can buy a clip for Projskeet instead of soldering

Im not sure if progskeet is solderless on NAND :/
Edit, did some research found there ar clips, but still require a few wires to be soldered
Last edited by Master0wn3r ; 01-19-2014 at 08:52 AM.
01-19-2014, 08:50 AM #10
Psychomancer
I am error
Well since your system is on OFW 3.66, You unfortunately still need a Projskeet/teensy to downgrade your system. Here is a link that can guide you throughout the entire process You must login or register to view this content.

dang thats a lot of little soldering.... You must login or register to view this content. as far as my sleep deprived brain says i should use TEENSY++2.0.... looks like alot of soldering

so any ideas as to the USB problem? When i had the system apart i checked for broken solder points. all seemed well. my only guess now would be the USB ports themselves? Cause like i said jiggling them a bit gets a connection for me.

Is there someone trustworthy that could flash for me? I think i could replace the USB ports but soldering on actual chips makes me kind of nervous.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo