05-14-2016, 07:03 PM #1
driller2k
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have recently updated to ferrox 4.80 after downgrading to regero 3.55 downgrader. I am trying to install ccapi 2.70 and other apps and nothing will install. Ps3 will seems to freeze on a black screen and when I turn it off and back on, it will turn on. However, nothing will open for me. What's up with that. Can I do a system restore and start over again or is there a better/quicker method?
05-14-2016, 11:01 PM #11
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
Originally posted by driller2k View Post
Once I find out I'll post back information

What apps have you tried launching exactly? Can you provide a picture of this "grey/black screen"?
05-15-2016, 01:52 AM #12
driller2k
Do a barrel roll!
Ok, the best way to describe it is when you load multiman or any other app, the screen goes black for a second and then grey just before the app opens. That's where the system freezes. I have tried opening multiman, ps ninja, SEN enabler, and a spoof app to name a few. I have recently, repaired the database, files and folders, and I have reformatted my hdd. Once coming back, to CFW, I started with rogero downgrader, then rogero 3.55, then rogero 4.55. I still can't open any apps once installed. Id like to try Netflix but my console has been banned and although I have a no PSN patch for Netflix that was working before this happened but I cant use it right now.
05-15-2016, 02:08 AM #13
driller2k
Do a barrel roll!
I have now left the screen where it sits for 30 min and have to restart the ps3 just to get it back to the XMB menu. Don't know of any other method to fix this. It's very strange, I have swapped cfw several times and never encountered this issue before. Getting annoyed now.
05-15-2016, 02:38 AM #14
DIRTY SMASHER
Treasure hunter
I have now left the screen where it sits for 30 min and have to restart the ps3 just to get it back to the XMB menu. Don't know of any other method to fix this. It's very strange, I have swapped cfw several times and never encountered this issue before. Getting annoyed now.

Sounds like your BD drive is not connected properly,does the ps3 load game disc's?
05-15-2016, 05:30 AM #15
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
Ok, the best way to describe it is when you load multiman or any other app, the screen goes black for a second and then grey just before the app opens. That's where the system freezes. I have tried opening multiman, ps ninja, SEN enabler, and a spoof app to name a few. I have recently, repaired the database, files and folders, and I have reformatted my hdd. Once coming back, to CFW, I started with rogero downgrader, then rogero 3.55, then rogero 4.55. I still can't open any apps once installed. Id like to try Netflix but my console has been banned and although I have a no PSN patch for Netflix that was working before this happened but I cant use it right now.

Make sure you quote us back so we see you replied. A video of this would be very much helpful, but I would suggest you try a non homebrew app. Maybe a psn game.
05-15-2016, 05:37 PM #16
driller2k
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Dog88Christian View Post
Make sure you quote us back so we see you replied. A video of this would be very much helpful, but I would suggest you try a non homebrew app. Maybe a psn game.

Here is a video. Hope this helps you. Let me know what other info you need. I am now currently on ferrox 4.80 cobra edition.
You must login or register to view this content.
05-15-2016, 05:49 PM #17
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
Here is a video. Hope this helps you. Let me know what other info you need. I am now currently on ferrox 4.80 cobra edition.
You must login or register to view this content.

Try a PSN Game to see if it's only happening with homebrew. Perhaps something like Minecraft? Just look for the game torrent pkg
Last edited by Dog88Christian ; 05-15-2016 at 05:55 PM.
05-15-2016, 06:10 PM #18
driller2k
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by DIRTY
Sounds like your BD drive is not connected properly,does the ps3 load game disc's?

I have always had a BD issue. With that, but that has never been an issue before. However, I did take my PlayStation apart and mess with a Blu-ray player. Put it back together and still have the same issue as before. The Blu-ray player will pull in the disc but will not play the game.
05-15-2016, 08:01 PM #19
driller2k
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Dog88Christian View Post
Try a PSN Game to see if it's only happening with homebrew. Perhaps something like Minecraft? Just look for the game torrent pkg

I normally don't have problems looking for torrents to download but some reason I have having issues looking for a small pkg file to download. Can you provide a link of anything small? Thanks

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo