12-07-2010, 05:19 PM #1
ryan saa
At least I can fight
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); PS3Key Downgrader firmware online!
Posted on 7th December 2010

If you need to downgrade a PS3 with firmware version 3.50 or below you can now grab the PS3KEY JIG firmware from the downloads section! Please note that we do not host the modified PUP file or any other file that may contain copyrighted code.

You must login or register to view this content.

PS3Key Downgrader announced!
Posted on 4th December 2010

We have received many emails regarding "rumours" of a PS3Key downgrader capable of downgrading PS3 firmware from v3.50 to v3.41 using the "JIG" method. We can confirm that those ruomors are indeed true! Stay tuned for more news in the next few days!

Source: You must login or register to view this content.

Note to Atmel PS3Key users: This firmware has automatic bootloader entry, so there is no need to plug/unplug it to get into bootloader mode after flashing this firmware.

After you have completed the downgrading
procedure as described below you must reflash your PS3Key with the standard firmware(Found You must login or register to view this content.).

Flashing with Downgrade Files:
To get them into bootloader:

Atmel-based:

Connect and disconnect PS3Key to a USB port on your PC 3 times within 10 seconds. Then both LEDs (blue and red) will then come on at the same time. The Update button in the software will no longer be disabled and you will be able to click it to apply the update.

Silabs-based:

Connect PS3Key to a USB port on your computer and wait for 15-30 seconds. Both LEDs will come on, and PS3Key will appear as a USB memory stick. You will be able to apply the update by dragging and dropping the update FIRMWARE.BIN onto the memory stick.

Than load the downgrade files onto the PS3 Key.

Tutorial:
Prepare a blank USB memory stick with only 2 files on it: Lv2Diag.self (file 1) and the modified 3.41 PUP file(Download You must login or register to view this content.)
These must be in the root of the memory stick and there must not be other files on it.

- Insert the PS3Key with the downgrade firmware in your console.
- Turn on the PS3 using the standard PS3Key sequence; power cycle, power on, then quickly press eject. After a very short while the PS3 will power off.
- Turn on the PS3 to confirm that it is in Service Mode.(You should see a red box on the screen saying Factory Service Mode)
- Turn off the PS3 and remove PS3Key.
- Insert the USB memory stick with the 2 files on in the rightmost USB port of the PS3 and turn it on. The screen will be black,
but the LED on the PS3 will blink.
– Wait 3 minutes for the system to install the old FW, towards the end the power button on the console will start flashing green and then your console will power off.
- Remove the USB memory stick and turn on the PS3. It will still be in service mode.
Originally posted by another user
If you wish to downgrade to an earlier firmware you can do so now, there is no need to use modified custom PUP when the firmware has already been downgraded to 3.41.Quote me for different Firmware like 3.15.

- Insert USB drive in PC, delete the 2 files, and copy LV2Diag.self (file 2) to it.
- Insert USB memory stick and power on the PS3. After approximately 10 seconds it will power off.
- Remove the memory stick and power on the PS3. The procedure is now complete.
Last edited by ryan saa ; 12-09-2010 at 05:27 PM.

The following 14 users say thank you to ryan saa for this useful post:

bad323, CRaZyY, dOlLoFf, firefox7, GangsterDean, level42, Mr.MoldyOrange, Sandyballz, teeth08, TG1DER, The Overdose, w8t4it, Wilisete
12-09-2010, 04:26 AM #74
yungvision08
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by ryan
PS3Key Downgrader firmware online!
Posted on 7th December 2010

If you need to downgrade a PS3 with firmware version 3.50 or below you can now grab the PS3KEY JIG firmware from the downloads section! Please note that we do not host the modified PUP file or any other file that may contain copyrighted code.

PS3Key Downgrader announced!
Posted on 4th December 2010

We have received many emails regarding "rumours" of a PS3Key downgrader capable of downgrading PS3 firmware from v3.50 to v3.41 using the "JIG" method. We can confirm that those ruomors are indeed true! Stay tuned for more news in the next few days!

Source: You must login or register to view this content.

Note to Atmel PS3Key users: This firmware has automatic bootloader entry, so there is no need to plug/unplug it to get into bootloader mode after flashing this firmware.

After you have completed the downgrading
procedure as described below you must reflash your PS3Key with the standard firmware(Found You must login or register to view this content.).

Tutorial:
Prepare a blank USB memory stick with only 2 files on it: Lv2Diag.self (file 1) and the modified 3.41 PUP file(Download You must login or register to view this content.)
These must be in the root of the memory stick and there must not be other files on it.

- Insert the PS3Key with the downgrade firmware in your console.
- Turn on the PS3 using the standard PS3Key sequence; power cycle, power on, then quickly press eject. After a very short while the PS3 will power off.
- Turn on the PS3 to confirm that it is in Service Mode.(You should see a red box on the screen saying Factory Service Mode)
- Turn off the PS3 and remove PS3Key.
- Insert the USB memory stick with the 2 files on in the rightmost USB port of the PS3 and turn it on. The screen will be black,
but the LED on the PS3 will blink.
– Wait 3 minutes for the system to install the old FW, towards the end the power button on the console will start flashing green and then your console will power off.
- Remove the USB memory stick and turn on the PS3. It will still be in service mode.

- Insert USB drive in PC, delete the 2 files, and copy LV2Diag.self (file 2) to it.
- Insert USB memory stick and power on the PS3. After approximately 10 seconds it will power off.
- Remove the memory stick and power on the PS3. The procedure is now complete.

So just to be clear I can take this 2GB flash drive I have here on my nightstand and put the two files on it and if I follow the tutorial my PS3 will be downgraded to 3.41?
12-09-2010, 09:34 AM #75
ryan saa
At least I can fight
Originally posted by yungvision08 View Post
So just to be clear I can take this 2GB flash drive I have here on my nightstand and put the two files on it and if I follow the tutorial my PS3 will be downgraded to 3.41?

NO, as PS3Key is a mod-chip. You would need to buy that, any old usb WON'T work:evil:
12-09-2010, 12:58 PM #76
sucess downgrade to 3.41.....
slim 120 GB
PS3KEY
Thanks Guys!!!!Dancing
12-09-2010, 04:32 PM #77
Wilisete
You talkin to me?
NO, as PS3Key is a mod-chip. You would need to buy that, any old usb WON'T work:evil:

Answer 1 thing please are they same as the original (the files3.41 .. Are same as the fines of psdwngrde???
12-09-2010, 04:35 PM #78
ryan saa
At least I can fight
Originally posted by WiLiiSeetee View Post
Answer 1 thing please are they same as the original (the files3.41 .. Are same as the fines of psdwngrde???

Sorry but i don't understand /facepalm your question.
12-09-2010, 04:38 PM #79
Wilisete
You talkin to me?
Sorry but i don't understand /facepalm your question.

Oh sorry for the bad english,lets start againd xD
The files of your pack are the same of the psdowngrade or they're different??Im talking about the selfs and the 3.41file
12-09-2010, 04:49 PM #80
ryan saa
At least I can fight
Originally posted by WiLiiSeetee View Post
Oh sorry for the bad english,lets start againd xD
The files of your pack are the same of the psdowngrade or they're different??Im talking about the selfs and the 3.41file

Yah they are the same :carling:
12-09-2010, 05:13 PM #81
TG1DER
Hurah!
Yah they are the same :carling:

thanked and repped
Last edited by TG1DER ; 12-09-2010 at 05:27 PM.
12-09-2010, 05:28 PM #82
ryan saa
At least I can fight
Originally posted by haha70 View Post
thanked and repped

Yah and there is a tut check my first post. /facepalm

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo