01-13-2011, 07:54 PM #1
Afrojack
Puffin da Erb
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Yes I know this has been posted but no one has actually bothered to try this while I have and can confirm this works. This is not a copy and paste off another website Ihave done this method myself and can assure you it works. This tutorial will let you downgrade from 3.55 to 3.41 so you can jailbreak your PS3 and play backups/homebrew etc. If you don't have a dongle capable of downgrading, tell me what device you have and I will link you to a PSGrade download for that device.(Or you could just use Google)

Files needed:
Lvl2diag:You must login or register to view this content.

Downgrader:You must login or register to view this content.
Step 1:Insert dongle(Or PSGrade device e.g iPod) that has been programmed with the downgrade software into your PS3.

Step 2:Turn on the console using the same boot method as all other jailbreaks: Press power then immediately press eject. Your console will turn on wait a moment.

Step 3: Remove dongle and turn on console and you are in Factory/Service Mode. You will see a huge red box on the screen saying Factory/Service Mode.

You must login or register to view this content.

4. Load any blank FAT32 USB flash drive with 2 files in the root directory:

1. Modified 3.41 PUP
2. Lv2Diag.self (File 1)

5. Insert flash drive into the last USB port to the right — the first USB port in from the right side if you’re facing the console. Turn the PS3 on and you will see a black screen but the PS3 HDD light will flash.

6.The process takes 3-4 minutes for the system to install the old firmware. Towards the end, the power button on the console will start flashing green and then your console will power off.

7.Insert USB flash drive back into your PC and delete the PUP and Lv2Diag.self file (File 1) and copy the other Lv2Diag.self (File 2) to the root of the flash drive.

8.Insert USB flash drive back into the same USB port on the PS3 and power on your PS3. After 10 seconds it will power off.

9.Remove USB flash drive and turn on your console again. You will be out of Factory/Service mode and back in retail mode with 3.41 firmware installed.

I have done this method and can tell you it works 100%

Any questions please ask.
Last edited by Afrojack ; 02-06-2011 at 11:20 PM.

The following 8 users say thank you to Afrojack for this useful post:

8======D----, DanTheFEED, HaRdCoRe_NL, lives2game, MEGANOOBTOOBER, slim355, stikyboms, ToXiiC
01-13-2011, 11:31 PM #29
Ipod Touch 1st gen 3.1.3 Will this work?
01-13-2011, 11:37 PM #30
Afrojack
Puffin da Erb
Originally posted by SnipeZ View Post
Ipod Touch 1st gen 3.1.3 Will this work?

Yes if the iPod is jailbroken.
01-13-2011, 11:39 PM #31
ballakid77
Gym leader
Originally posted by Croke
Yes I know this has been posted but no one has actually bothered to try this while I have and can confirm this works. This is not a copy and paste off another website Ihave done this method myself and can assure you it works. This tutorial will let you downgrade from 3.55 to 3.41 so you can jailbreak your PS3 and play backups/homebrew etc. If you don't have a dongle capable of downgrading, tell me what device you have and I will link you to a PSGrade download for that device.(Or you could just use Google)

Files needed:

Step 1:Insert dongle(Or PSGrade device e.g iPod) that has been programmed with the downgrade software into your PS3.

Step 2:Turn on the console using the same boot method as all other jailbreaks: Press power then immediately press eject. Your console will turn on wait a moment.

Step 3: Remove dongle and turn on console and you are in Factory/Service Mode. You will see a huge red box on the screen saying Factory/Service Mode.

1. Modified 3.41 PUP
2. Lv2Diag.self (File 1)

5. Insert flash drive into the last USB port to the right — the first USB port in from the right side if you’re facing the console. Turn the PS3 on and you will see a black screen but the PS3 HDD light will flash.

6.The process takes 3-4 minutes for the system to install the old firmware. Towards the end, the power button on the console will start flashing green and then your console will power off.

7.Insert USB flash drive back into your PC and delete the PUP and Lv2Diag.self file (File 1) and copy the other Lv2Diag.self (File 2) to the root of the flash drive.

8.Insert USB flash drive back into the same USB port on the PS3 and power on your PS3. After 10 seconds it will power off.

9.Remove USB flash drive and turn on your console again. You will be out of Factory/Service mode and back in retail mode with 3.41 firmware installed.

have they made a way to play 3.41 online yet??
01-13-2011, 11:43 PM #32
everytime i try to update through xmb to cfw it says data corrupt tried about 5 dif sites. thanks
01-13-2011, 11:47 PM #33
I knew some one with a brilliant mind will figure out how to exploit the downgrade, now back to hosting dem CL's.
01-14-2011, 01:23 AM #34
UMD
Brute
Originally posted by Croke
Yes I know this has been posted but no one has actually bothered to try this while I have and can confirm this works. This is not a copy and paste off another website Ihave done this method myself and can assure you it works. This tutorial will let you downgrade from 3.55 to 3.41 so you can jailbreak your PS3 and play backups/homebrew etc. If you don't have a dongle capable of downgrading, tell me what device you have and I will link you to a PSGrade download for that device.(Or you could just use Google)

Files needed:

1. Modified 3.41 PUP
2. Lv2Diag.self (File 1)

Can you go online with 3.41??
01-14-2011, 01:24 AM #35
RavagedBoom
Sing My Guitar
If you have a SLIM console do NOT do this!!!
01-14-2011, 01:34 AM #36
xLew--
Former Staff
tbh i dont wanna start playing back us, as of yet. im happy trophy exploiting.

thanks though
01-14-2011, 01:39 AM #37
qwerew
Member Of The Pewdiepie Bro Army
Thanks! Happy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo