03-06-2011, 07:18 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys. My firmware is complete, and there is 0% change of a brick, as the firmware DOES NOT run off the flash. Although, I will add that feature later. If you guys would like a permanent flash for this let me know.

You need to install from waninkokos CFW that has peek and poke syscalls, or using kakarotos CFW. This will not work on Geohot's CFW. Just as long as your firmware has peek and poke your fine.

This firmware adds debug options. It also adds */app_home/PS3_GAME/ and install packages to the "network" category.

EnVy 3.55 CFW download: You must login or register to view this content.

Working install tool: You must login or register to view this content.

Installation:

1. Download the firmware above.

2. Go to the control panel-->large icons-->folder options-->view
select "show hidden files, folders, and drives" and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files (recomended)"

2. Extract the files to your USB device excluding the README file.

3 Install the PKG file above. (don't use the package file inside the 3.55 CFW folder.)

4. Run the PKG file, and press "X" and your system will restart with the Firmware. Their is 0% of a brick, as it doesn't flash. It runs off the USB. Don't unplug the USB unless you wan't your PS3 to freeze on you, and you'l have to restart it. To get rid of the CFW, just turn your PS3 off and remove your USB device.

I will be adding a permanent sollution, so you won't have to run the PKG file every time, and it will flash to the NAND.
If you would like to see something in here, let me know. But please, keep it simple.

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by EnVy_AsTrO ; 03-06-2011 at 06:19 PM.

The following 5 users say thank you to EnVy_AsTrO for this useful post:

|C++|, Kherod, PsYcHoSiS, Threatz2Fresshh, xDeltaaa
03-06-2011, 09:24 AM #20
Ares-NoLimit
HIGH ROLLA
this is dumb, why should i get rid of kmeaw, im online, i can hack, and most homebrew or programs need kmeaw, so im not doing it
03-06-2011, 09:27 AM #21
xRafiq-
Pedobear
Originally posted by AsTrO View Post
Hey guys. My firmware is complete, and there is 0% change of a brick, as the firmware DOES NOT run off the flash. Although, I will add that feature later. If you guys would like a permanent flash for this let me know.

You need to install from waninkokos CFW that has peek and poke syscalls, or using kakarotos CFW. This will not work on Geohot's CFW. Just as long as your firmware has peek and poke your fine.

This firmware adds debug options. It also adds */app_home/PS3_GAME/ and install packages to the "network" category.

EnVy 3.55 CFW download: You must login or register to view this content.

Installation:

1. Download the firmware above.

2. Go to the control panel-->large icons-->folder options-->view
select "show hidden files, folders, and drives" and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files (recomended)"

2. Extract the files to your USB device excluding the README file.

3 Install the PKG file.

4. Run the PKG file, and press "X" and your system will restart with the Firmware. Their is 0% of a brick, as it doesn't flash. It runs off the USB. Don't unplug the USB unless you wan't your PS3 to freeze on you, and you'l have to restart it. To get rid of the CFW, just turn your PS3 off and remove your USB device.

I will be adding a permanent sollution, so you won't have to run the PKG file every time, and it will flash to the NAND.
If you would like to see something in here, let me know. But please, keep it simple.

every -rep this guy he is the 1 that said bricking the ps3 will dwngrade your 3.56 p
s3 what a faggot

The following user thanked xRafiq- for this useful post:

joensarah
03-06-2011, 09:28 AM #22
im on 3.56 so icant
03-06-2011, 11:12 AM #23
[NGU]Lewis188
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by AsTrO View Post
I expected someone to say this. And no I wont. This is ALOT harder them people think it is to make this. I also spent 2 hours uploading the file. It's not dangerous either, it's bassically play and go. Does not write to the flash, therefor %0 of a brick.

hello, i dont quite understand i am on .56 so what do i do? i got no custom firmwire
03-06-2011, 11:14 AM #24
Jugulator_93
I am error
[quote='[NGU]Lewis188;2722660']hello, i dont quite understand i am on .56 so what do i do? i got no custom firmwire[/quote]

sorry bro, but if u really wanted to have some form of a hack, a custom firmware is almost always required.
03-06-2011, 11:14 AM #25
Xcellerator
You talkin to me?
OK.. this was done when JaiCraB released his CFWLoader...
People with CFW, don't bother using this, no one has confirmed that it works, and besides, you wanna change debug options, edit your registry!

I think I speak for 98% of people on this forum who have a brain in saying, that I'm not about to install and run anything on my PS3 from someone who I've barely heard of and has no proof. And no one confirming anything across 3 pages... :/

The following 2 users say thank you to Xcellerator for this useful post:

*SCHAOS*, TryCatchMe
03-06-2011, 11:28 AM #26
I can't install your pkg on Waninkoko V2... i get an error: 80029564
03-06-2011, 11:35 AM #27
Xcellerator
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by Yorickdu17 View Post
I can't install your pkg on Waninkoko V2... i get an error: 80029564

LOL... Everyone who thought this was dodgy... You were just proved right...
Looks like the PKG needs to be signed...:/
03-06-2011, 05:19 PM #28
Originally posted by anddrew View Post
When I extract, all the files disappear and I'm left with the readme and the pkg...
have they "compiled" or something?

You have to go to control panel-->large icons-->folder options-->view-->turn hidden files and folders on

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Originally posted by Xcellerator View Post
LOL... Everyone who thought this was dodgy... You were just proved right...
Looks like the PKG needs to be signed...:/

Package is signed,, hmm 1 second. I added something to it before I uploaded it though, and may be the cause. I'll upload it again.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Originally posted by Xcellerator View Post
OK.. this was done when JaiCraB released his CFWLoader...
People with CFW, don't bother using this, no one has confirmed that it works, and besides, you wanna change debug options, edit your registry!

I think I speak for 98% of people on this forum who have a brain in saying, that I'm not about to install and run anything on my PS3 from someone who I've barely heard of and has no proof. And no one confirming anything across 3 pages... :/

First off, this runs off of your USB. There is no way you could brick your PS3.. The only thing that would happen is if you unplugged the USB your PS3 would freeze and would have to be restarted.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Originally posted by NoLimit View Post
this is dumb, why should i get rid of kmeaw, im online, i can hack, and most homebrew or programs need kmeaw, so im not doing it

Because it adds debug options. And it doesn't get rid of it.. It is ran off your USB till you restart your PS3, then it's back to the Firmware you where on.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo