06-02-2018, 12:33 PM #1
mroshaw
Pokemon Trainer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I downloaded and complied the source from gibbed's Borderlands 2 game save editor, in the hope of adding PS4 support. However, the .sav file generated by Save Wizard doesn't seem to fit the structure that's expected, and is common across PS3, PC and XBox360 releases.

Has anyone else had a look at using gibbed to edit PS4 Borderlands 2 saves?

The following user thanked mroshaw for this useful post:

xicor666
06-03-2018, 03:18 PM #2
You need the ps3 version, then you can edit it and upload the save to your ps4
06-04-2018, 12:43 PM #3
mroshaw
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by warkantos View Post
You need the ps3 version, then you can edit it and upload the save to your ps4

I know that's a way to mod saves but not everyone has a PS3 hanging around. Save Wizard have just enabled Advanced Mode for BL2 and that allows us to decrypt the PS 4 save file and mess around with it (the decrypted save is cached locally in %TEMP%\SWPS4MAX). Previous gen and PC versions of BL2 essentially use the same binary save format (endian not-withstanding) so there was a good chance that the PS4 save was encoded in the same way. Gibbed is built around this format, so would be a great tool to work on the PS 4 saves.

I've looked at the unencrypted PS4 ".sav" file and it doesn't seem to have the characteristics expected of gibbed - that is, outer ZLib compression and inner Huffman encoding all surrounding a defined block structure.

I was hoping that others had taken a look too and discovered something that I'd missed. I'm still hoping!
06-04-2018, 05:02 PM #4
Jak957
Haxor!
honestly, I just want a code to set my character level to 1 so I don't have to lose any of my stats or BA challenges. There is a code to set it to 50, if only it could be set lower.
06-05-2018, 04:53 AM #5
Originally posted by mroshaw View Post
I know that's a way to mod saves but not everyone has a PS3 hanging around. Save Wizard have just enabled Advanced Mode for BL2 and that allows us to decrypt the PS 4 save file and mess around with it (the decrypted save is cached locally in %TEMP%\SWPS4MAX). Previous gen and PC versions of BL2 essentially use the same binary save format (endian not-withstanding) so there was a good chance that the PS4 save was encoded in the same way. Gibbed is built around this format, so would be a great tool to work on the PS 4 saves.

I've looked at the unencrypted PS4 ".sav" file and it doesn't seem to have the characteristics expected of gibbed - that is, outer ZLib compression and inner Huffman encoding all surrounding a defined block structure.

I was hoping that others had taken a look too and discovered something that I'd missed. I'm still hoping!

i noticed the samething and i have been working on something for a few days now

The following user thanked PatientInTime for this useful post:

mroshaw
06-05-2018, 08:08 AM #6
mroshaw
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by xeepichoster View Post
i noticed the samething and i have been working on something for a few days now

Awesome mate. Are you using gibbed as a baseline or doing something new? Keep us posted as really interested in this stuff - probably more so than actually playing the game! Winky Winky
06-05-2018, 10:02 AM #7
Originally posted by mroshaw View Post
Awesome mate. Are you using gibbed as a baseline or doing something new? Keep us posted as really interested in this stuff - probably more so than actually playing the game! Winky Winky

It's pretty much the same. I changed it a few and am testing it if it works it will be a lot easier
06-08-2018, 01:46 AM #8
Jak957
Haxor!
Originally posted by xeepichoster View Post
It's pretty much the same. I changed it a few and am testing it if it works it will be a lot easier

Well I can't wait, I've missed doing something like this in Borderlands. If you need, here is an application that can connect directly to SW while in advanced mode. I have already tried to open it up the extracted save, but gibbed didn't want to open it up.

You must login or register to view this content.
06-08-2018, 01:53 AM #9
Originally posted by Jak957 View Post
Well I can't wait, I've missed doing something like this in Borderlands. If you need, here is an application that can connect directly to SW while in advanced mode. I have already tried to open it up the extracted save, but gibbed didn't want to open it up.

You must login or register to view this content.

yup i have save pusher already i have no need for it tho i can do everything without thanks tho

The following user thanked PatientInTime for this useful post:

Jak957
06-08-2018, 06:59 PM #10
hey guys has anyone created their own codes for SW? Or know how to?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo