Post: Your opinion of why ps4 is better suited for gaming then pc
04-22-2013, 02:37 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Imo TDP of hardware if you know how that can play a role in managing resources to allow faster processing without hitting your wattage limit then i dont need to explain further.By no means does that imply ps4 can suprass pc graphics imo it will just run better compared to same hardware on pc on same rendering and post processing effects ps4 version contains. Why do you think so or dont think so if you have a comment state with a backed up fact of why dont just say cause gddr5 ram runs like shit on a operating system.
04-22-2013, 04:47 PM #11
Extintive
Bounty hunter
i don't get what u mean bro , wtf?:think:
04-22-2013, 06:55 PM #12
Originally posted by Chaz View Post
Don't forget that PC games are optimized to run at higher settings

No they're not, any normal PC game you get a choice of what resolution, what anti-aliasing you want and the resolution of the textures you want.(If PC games were optimized there would be no choice) PC games are not optimized like that of there console counterparts. Any optimization that happens on PC games would purely be done by the end user in the form of turning anti-aliasing down and selecting lower or higher res textures depending on what your rig can handle.

Optimization for console games is not done by the end user it's done by the devs and will give you the best balance of graphics and smooth game play.

Console games are locked with certain settings and "optimized" to run on console hardware.

Yeah, I know that's the basis for my argument in the first place otherwise the games would not be optimized.

(95% of the time they are a lot lower than the PC counterpart)

Yes and they play the console counterparts to those PC games just as well in most cases but usually sacrifices are made in the graphics department to guarantee a smoother game play experience, certain games *Cough* Fallout 3/NV *Cough* ultimately suck dick on console though due to it's limitations or just the games are bad ports such as HL2

That's why you see games on console that don't have really high anti-aliasing, or ambient occlusion.
My point is that consoles will always have a set limit of the amount of settings that can be adjusted.

Yes again I know this and I'm not trying to suggest otherwise... a high end PC will play games better and look better than a console but your question was "what would make the PS4 more efficient than a PC with equivalent specs?" and I have answered that you did not say what would make a PS4 play games better than a High end PC you said a PC with equivalent specs to that of the PS4 and a PS4 would play games better than a PC with the exact same specs simply because of the hardware optimization that the console gets the the PC doesn't if it didn't play the game better then why would devs even bother with HW optimization if it did nothing?
04-22-2013, 07:34 PM #13
Ada Wong
So cute!
PC is already above PS4. TBH my PC beats PS4 already. with my 32GBs of RAM and an i7990x CPU and dual XFX HD7970 Black editions I don't think Xbox720 and PS4 combined can beat that plus PC exclusives like DOTA 2 that is just AWESOME. but ps4 has the advantage on being "on the go" i mean you cant turn your PC on and instantly play with your friends or connect a DS4 controller to it and lay on a soft spot to play and its cheaper. my PC cost me around 4500$ (dont judge me i edit videos for people) and Ps4 is going to be around 600$
04-22-2013, 10:04 PM #14
QuicKxReFLeXx
Treasure hunter
Instead of focusing purely on specs, I love sitting in my couch and playing with a controller and a huge HDTV. Sure you can probably do it with a PC but you'd have to buy more accessories for it to be possible. I'd rather sit comfortably in my couch than cringe my back and play on a PC.
04-22-2013, 11:22 PM #15
Originally posted by Madison
In simple terms optimization plays the biggest part in the Consoles vs PC argument a PC game is not optimized to play on a very specific set of hardware as a result you need a more powerful machine to play PC games. With the PS4 you can have a less powerful machine but the developers can optimize all games to play best on a machine with that specific hardware.

Just look at the PS3 that has a pretty piss poor GPU and a tiny amount of RAM a PC with the same specs would struggle to make games look as good as they do on the PS3 with that hardware.

you sir made my day by saying this my biggest argument to date about the ps4 and imo the only real one, you put this together well for others to understand why its possible to be better
04-23-2013, 12:24 AM #16
VHS
Has been a while
Originally posted by SherryBirkin View Post
Imo TDP of hardware if you know how that can play a role in managing resources to allow faster processing without hitting your wattage limit then i dont need to explain further.By no means does that imply ps4 can suprass pc graphics imo it will just run better compared to same hardware on pc on same rendering and post processing effects ps4 version contains. Why do you think so or dont think so if you have a comment state with a backed up fact of why dont just say cause gddr5 ram runs like shit on a operating system.

Too lazy to read what others wrote but simply put buying a really good gaming computer nowadays are not a bank breaker like back in the day; still it will cost upwards of $950 and up which imo the average gamer is not willing to spend. I see the console systems as being the "cheaper" option when it comes to gaming. Obviously the state of consoles/games have progressed as time went on and so has the economy/technology making consoles/games more and more affordable. So to sum up ...

Optimal Gaming PC= Pretty expensive for the average gamer, so it's not the convenient option.

Consoles= Affordable, so more people are willing to buy. (All in terms of gaming)
04-23-2013, 12:36 AM #17
Originally posted by Team
Too lazy to read what others wrote but simply put buying a really good gaming computer nowadays are not a bank breaker like back in the day; still it will cost upwards of $950 and up which imo the average gamer is not willing to spend. I see the console systems as being the "cheaper" option when it comes to gaming. Obviously the state of consoles/games have progressed as time went on and so has the economy/technology making consoles/games more and more affordable. So to sum up ...

Optimal Gaming PC= Pretty expensive for the average gamer, so it's not the convenient option.

Consoles= Affordable, so more people are willing to buy. (All in terms of gaming)

question hows this based off any fact or statistic thats created by people selling these items ? stay on topic to please what makes a pc system better in terms for gaming over ps4 and why im talking about how the ps4 will handel resources for the gpu/cpu to obtain a smoother gameplay with little use of wattage to do so hows what you said have anything to do with the thread
04-23-2013, 08:58 AM #18
VHS
Has been a while
Originally posted by SherryBirkin View Post
question hows this based off any fact or statistic thats created by people selling these items ? stay on topic to please what makes a pc system better in terms for gaming over ps4 and why im talking about how the ps4 will handel resources for the gpu/cpu to obtain a smoother gameplay with little use of wattage to do so hows what you said have anything to do with the thread

hmmm ok... I'm trying to say the PC system is not really an affordable choice for most gamers, therefore is not "better" in terms for gaming. Obviously a well built PC will surpass the graphical boundaries of the PS4 but the cost of it will be immense. The PS4 in a sense is a pretty 'ok' built gaming PC, "8GB GDDR5 RAM, 8 CPU cores at 1.6GHz, with a custom 800MHz graphics processor in the GPU for Tessellation...etc".... only running a rumored price of $429-$500. Which is a pretty affordable price for many gamers. So imo PS4/nextgen consoles in general will be the better gaming option in the future mainly due to the affordability of it.

~Not trying to be rude but I am assuming English is not your first language. (Based on your grammar) So if you need me to be more clear in terms of the point I am trying to make just quote back.
04-24-2013, 12:06 AM #19
Originally posted by Team
hmmm ok... I'm trying to say the PC system is not really an affordable choice for most gamers, therefore is not "better" in terms for gaming. Obviously a well built PC will surpass the graphical boundaries of the PS4 but the cost of it will be immense. The PS4 in a sense is a pretty 'ok' built gaming PC, "8GB GDDR5 RAM, 8 CPU cores at 1.6GHz, with a custom 800MHz graphics processor in the GPU for Tessellation...etc".... only running a rumored price of $429-$500. Which is a pretty affordable price for many gamers. So imo PS4/nextgen consoles in general will be the better gaming option in the future mainly due to the affordability of it.

~Not trying to be rude but I am assuming English is not your first language. (Based on your grammar) So if you need me to be more clear in terms of the point I am trying to make just quote back.

also repeated in my first post i stated ps4 cant surpass pc in graphical capability, my question was for the listed specs and how each system can use them whats your opinion of why or why not the ps4 is or isnt better for gaming. all you and everyone else have said is bios fanboyism about how a pc beats ps4 in graphics i dont give a flying hell if it can thats not what i asked you , and part of the threads point was to see how many couldnt actually understand how to reply to "Your opinion of why ps4 is better suited for gaming then pc" then stated below that "Why do you think so or dont think so if you have a comment state with a backed up fact",what my opinion was is on the hardware side of how the software is designed and plays with it if all their boasting about how good ps4 is then in the sense of its better built then yes imo it beats pc hands down everytime

and never reply back to me about my grammar on my own thread you insulting me and ignoring the entire topic of thread with that comment and nor is it your place to do so.This for all you know is the only place im freely able to write in any manner i wish so whats it to you if i dont write your way,why care you trying to insult me i see no other reason for the comment

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo