05-31-2013, 02:55 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Everyone is talking about a jailbreak for the PS4... Personally I don't think there will be a jailbreak like the PS3 just because Sony has been taking notes on all these jailbreaks with the PS3. However, I do believe there will be some holes in the PS4's firmware that will allow modded programs (which I have no idea what they would be)...

What do you guys think?? :think:

The following 3 users groaned at handboard1 for this awful post:

Kyanon, Hickey, U WOT M8
05-31-2013, 03:18 AM #2
socia
Gym leader
this has been asked and talked about so many times. if you scroll through this section you will see all our responses about this subject.
05-31-2013, 03:33 AM #3
Kratos_
Blizzard Fails
Originally posted by handboard1 View Post
Everyone is talking about a jailbreak for the PS4... Personally I don't think there will be a jailbreak like the PS3 just because Sony has been taking notes on all these jailbreaks with the PS3. However, I do believe there will be some holes in the PS4's firmware that will allow modded programs (which I have no idea what they would be)...

What do you guys think?? :think:

So many issues with this post...
-We do not know what the console even looks like yet, so how should we know if there will be a JB?
-Most likely completely new/upgraded security
-Even if there was a jailbreak, your console will get banned instantly
-Who wants a jailbreak anyways? It's a new console for us to enjoy. Not hack.
-No one will take the chance to "jailbreak" the Ps4 after what happened to Geohot...

Sorry to sound so harsh, but honestly, this shouldn't even be a discussion.

The following 4 users say thank you to Kratos_ for this useful post:

Invose, QuicKxReFLeXx, AFG,
05-31-2013, 03:52 AM #4
Kevin14256
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by Kratos
So many issues with this post...
-We do not know what the console even looks like yet, so how should we know if there will be a JB?
-Most likely completely new/upgraded security
-Even if there was a jailbreak, your console will get banned instantly
-Who wants a jailbreak anyways? It's a new console for us to enjoy. Not hack.
-No one will take the chance to "jailbreak" the Ps4 after what happened to Geohot...

Sorry to sound so harsh, but honestly, this shouldn't even be a discussion.

Honestly if i new how to make a jailbreak and made on for the ps4 which i wont be able to do but if i could i would release it of if someone made one i would release it for them
05-31-2013, 04:03 AM #5
Hugs
Gym leader
Originally posted by Kratos

Your other points were semi-agreeable but this one I have to disagree with. There is no way a physical feature of a console can affect people breaching the console's security.

@ OP: I doubt there would be a jailbreak since I'm sure Sony has already been through a lot and jotted down all their mistakes from the heaps of CFWs on the PS3 and continuing. Who knows though, they might make a mistake again creating a GeoHot v2.
05-31-2013, 05:30 PM #6
Kratos_
Blizzard Fails
Originally posted by The
Your other points were semi-agreeable but this one I have to disagree with. There is no way a physical feature of a console can affect people breaching the console's security.

@ OP: I doubt there would be a jailbreak since I'm sure Sony has already been through a lot and jotted down all their mistakes from the heaps of CFWs on the PS3 and continuing. Who knows though, they might make a mistake again creating a GeoHot v2.

True. But I'm implying that since we don't even know the physical features we obviously don't know the security of the console yet.
05-31-2013, 07:23 PM #7
-Skyline
Anonymous
I hope there is no Jailbreak, otherwise you'll have kids just trying to modify CoD games thinking their 1337 and on-top of everything Sony will get pissed and remove possible features which were used to exploit the PS4.

No Jailbreak for PS4.

The following user thanked -Skyline for this useful post:

AFG
05-31-2013, 08:01 PM #8
Hickey
League Champion
Originally posted by Kevin14256 View Post
Honestly if i new how to make a jailbreak and made on for the ps4 which i wont be able to do but if i could i would release it of if someone made one i would release it for them

And get sued by sony for it, makes sense
05-31-2013, 08:06 PM #9
Kevin14256
Pokemon Trainer
i dont really care what happens i want people to be able to do what ever they want on the ps4
05-31-2013, 08:07 PM #10
ichris26
The Muff Muncher
I'm betting that there will be an exploit on the PS4 on the windows side of the console. I bet that someone will make it to where PC ISOs can be played on it.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo