Post: Buy COD on the PS3, get it on the PS4 cheaper, Price revealed
08-21-2013, 08:46 AM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Activision have released the price of the PS3 to PS4 upgrade for COD Ghosts, which is something Sony are doing with companies to allow upgrading of games to next-gen cheaper.

Activision today announced further details surrounding Call of Duty®: Ghosts’ participation in Sony’s PS3 to PS4 upgrade programmes.

The upgrade programme is completely optional and allows consumers who purchase Call of Duty: Ghosts on PlayStation ® 3 to upgrade to the PlayStation ® 4 version of the game for a limited time at a suggested retail price of only £10. More details will be shared in the weeks to come.

"Today we’re announcing that anyone who buys Call of Duty: Ghosts for the PS3 will be able to upgrade to Call of Duty: Ghosts for the PS4 for a limited time at a suggested retail price of just 10 dollars, 10 euros or 10 pounds," said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing, Inc. "

We have also previously announced that for a limited time our players will bring all of their Season Pass Content and all of their in-game progress with them within a console family, for no additional charge.

----

So does that mean thats set the price for the PS3 to PS4 upgrade, I think it has, Many other companies will follow on that I'm sure of it! I'm happy with that any more then id be considering waiting.

Thoughts on this?

The following 5 users say thank you to xLew-- for this useful post:

Immaculate., rls1321, Soldier.,
08-24-2013, 02:36 PM #20
So if i buy the game from Gamestop i will get like a receipt with that $40 off?
08-24-2013, 08:44 PM #21
Originally posted by Tek View Post
I'm not doing this if it was digital which it will be :/

why would you not wanna it runs so much better when running off the hard drive ?

The following user thanked mustachemystery for this useful post:

Cory
08-24-2013, 09:02 PM #22
Stealth_Tek
At least I can fight
Originally posted by mustachemystery View Post
why would you not wanna it runs so much better when running off the hard drive ?

True, however I like owning the game physically, especially considering the fact that I have all CoD's physically. It'll ruin my collection (for PS4 at least). Who knows, I might just rent the game for 10 days and level up and then buy it for PS4 xD
08-25-2013, 12:47 AM #23
wait do you have to buy digital or can you buy the disc and get it for ps4 .. cuz if its with the disc.. than you probably have to give the ps3 ghost back and theyll give you the ps4? right? this sounds too good to be true im confused though
08-25-2013, 06:42 PM #24
rls1321
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by Mr.
I wonder if you can rent the game (which costs like $7 for me) then the system would think that you own it, so you can get the next gen one cheaper? Take Call Of Duty for example:

Ghosts will be released for current gen consoles on the 5th of November and 15th for next gen. I wonder if you can rent the current gen version, when you already have you next gen console, to fool it to think that you own that disc? That way you wouldn't be getting Ghosts way cheaper. Anybody have any ideas on this possible exploit?

They will probably pack the game with a redeem code card to get that discount or have you return the game to select retailers for a code or copy
08-26-2013, 07:34 AM #25
This is a hell of a good idea. I pre-ordered COD ghost for Ps3 & now i can get it for the Ps4 for only 10$. Fuckn GreAT.......

The following user thanked Son-Of-A-Toilet for this useful post:

Soldier.
08-26-2013, 02:29 PM #26
Soldier.
The Legend
Originally posted by URSELF View Post
This is a hell of a good idea. I pre-ordered COD ghost for Ps3 & now i can get it for the Ps4 for only 10$. Fuckn GreAT.......

Yeah no one can say that ain't a good deal man.
08-26-2013, 04:58 PM #27
XBOXdontbuyONE
Pokemon Trainer
Think I'd rather wait the ten days after Ghosts release for the PS4 launch to start playing.
08-26-2013, 06:01 PM #28
Mershawn
Climbing up the ladder
lets not forget when u upgrade their not letting you keep the ps3 version lmfao they not stupid that's why its called an upgrade. watch and see our PS3 versions will be taken by Gamestop or our digital versions will be replaced by the PS4 digital version. still a great program I will be taking advantage

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo