Post: Here’s How You Can potentially Improve the Speed of Your Connection
05-14-2014, 10:52 AM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Due to their plug and play nature people often don’t bother setting up their internet connection properly on consoles, and this often results in lower performance compared to what they could achieve. Today Reddit user RemoteSenses posted a You must login or register to view this content. on how to set your nameservers on PS4, which depending on your location could lead to a sensible improvement in the quality of your tethering to the world wide web.

First of all download Google’s You must login or register to view this content. (windows download link You must login or register to view this content.) on any PC and run it (try not to have any other download going on as you do, as it could throw the results off). It will benchmark all the available nameservers and find the ones that are fastest for you.

You must login or register to view this content.
The above image is a example.

Once you’re done testing, write down the two fastest nameservers (marked Primary and Secondary on the top right of the web page that will be opened automatically, as you can see above) and open the settings menu of your PS4, then follow the steps below:

1. Go to “Network”
  2. Go to “Set up Internet Connection”
  3. Select “Use Wi-Fi” or “Use a LAN Cable” depending on whether you’re connected on wireless or via ethernet cable.
  4. Select “Custom”
  5. Select “Automatic”
  6. Select “Awesome faceo Not Specify”
  7. Select “Manual”
  8. Insert the two numbers you got before as your “Primary DNS” and “Secondary DNS” (don’t use those in the picture above, as they’re specific for me and showcased just as an example)
  9. Select “Automatic”
  10. Select “Awesome faceo Not Use”

Also Works on xbox too.

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Alt ; 08-28-2014 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Updated broken image

The following 47 users say thank you to xLew-- for this useful post:

RAB, ATypicalSe7en, BASEBALL4EVER12, bejekas, Black_ice, Blackhawk_Dan, castalia80, Cien, CITYCOMET, CpT_iDont_Camp, Cryptic, DJR_Supreme, DMaRUAE, DonGiuliiano, EMINEM__x3, GRENDEL 51, hatecorp, i--DanieL_, iNDMx, Invalld, Isaac Clarke, Ismaeel74, iTruceFret, Jaqen H'ghar, JiinxMax, jkwxyz96, Joel, KareraHekku, killerboc, KimJongIl, Deleted-User0000000012210, legitimatemodZ, mczero_, nabeel12, ResistTheSteam, seb5594, simmy3601, sleekshow, SMarT, SU44K8, Superman., THE_JABZ, TheGreatestSyn, WhyUMadKid, whyyoumad, xShadow, zNxRo

The following user groaned xLew-- for this awful post:

Alexis Rhodes
06-26-2014, 11:34 AM #56
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
Originally posted by Warfare View Post
i get this error: You must login or register to view this content.

Try redownloading it and check your virus protection.

Try another PC if the above doesn't work.
06-26-2014, 08:21 PM #57
PakMan
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by Cryptic
Try redownloading it and check your virus protection.

Try another PC if the above doesn't work.

I did everything and also I dont have virus protection its disable.
06-26-2014, 08:45 PM #58
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager

Try a different PC? Check your router settings. Do a soft reset (just the router), and a hard reset (complete network, modem and all).
07-03-2014, 05:56 AM #59
trilispy
Do a barrel roll!
(the before)

download 23.6

upload 6.4

(the after)

download 23.7

upload 6.7

:/
Last edited by trilispy ; 07-03-2014 at 06:03 AM.
07-06-2014, 01:25 PM #60
xLew--
Former Staff

make sure your pc is upto date with updates etc, i think net framework could need to be installed? ive had to install that before for a program, could be wortha try i have no idea what it does lol
07-12-2014, 03:06 PM #61
HomeBoy52859
Save Point
So how do I find out my primary and secondary DNS?
07-18-2014, 05:28 PM #62
nice, gonna try that now
07-27-2014, 04:14 PM #63
thanks gonna try this out now! Happy
08-03-2014, 07:32 AM #64
XFModz
Do a barrel roll!
thanks it worked

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo