12-06-2010, 08:07 PM #1
T-Icey
Samurai Poster
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I don't if you feel the same as me, or you're like me, but after playing COD4 for 2 years (first and second along with W@W) it is like COD franchise is dying, is getting old, bored.

After 2 years of playing COD games, every COD game sure i get it from the first (like 90% us do) but, I just play the game the first day or maybe first week (4-8 hours) after that i could 3,4,5 days without turning on my PS3, and i don't feel like to go play any COD game, like "omg i feel like i want to play COD" and of course I do turn on my PS3 almost everyday (so those 3-5 days with my PS3 turned off could only apply if I only had COD) but for Netflix, play other games or just talk or play with my real life friends COD or any other game.

So yeah, it is like COD franchise is dying, and you might say "yeah that's why every year it is the top selling game" yeah thats true, as I said, even I buy every COD game on first day, because after each year I don't want to continue playing the same COD (obvious, and it has some minors/new features).

But the truth is that every year is the samething, no graphics improvements, servers, or anything that you can say "oh this is actually a new COD experience" all you see that change is the story obvious and some new features which are not that much, and is not that I found Black Ops a bad game if you compare it to MW2 with noob tubes etc, and not that I suck (in all CODs my K/D is over 2.0) except for BO because of the lag of the first 3 weeks it is 1.91. So yeah do you feel the same way?

Edit: it seems that Thristle just started playing the COD games Smile:y:
Last edited by T-Icey ; 12-07-2010 at 02:02 AM.

The following 6 users say thank you to T-Icey for this useful post:

Analdogfag, Brochacho, BubbaBBQ_JR, Durk, SBOSS, TrytoYOLO
12-06-2010, 09:32 PM #11
lilnatsfan44
At least I can fight
Here's What LilNatsFan44 Thinks:

I think Call of Duty is the greatest First Person Shooter of all time. The fast, amazing, smooth controls and the 60 FPS frame rate are a big reason why. Any other first person shooter I play, feels weird and laggy.

But I do agree that they need to make HUGE improvements whenever they release a new title. Kind of like the GTA series. Grand Theft Auto makes HUGE improvements to every game they release. Yes, they may not release a new game every year, but they always improve a lot. I think Call of Duty needs to make HUGE improvements. . . but every year.

All that they do is replace the maps, replace some guns, add a few perks and other small weapons/equipment, but never really anything big. I do feel that Infinity Ward are the developers who do make the biggest changes though. They need to step up the graphics a lot, and I mean A LOT. And they need to add a lot more gamemodes[/COLOR] as well. Again, Infinity Ward is usually the developer that does so.

So in the end, they need to really push themselves more and not focus on just a few new features when they are creating a new game, because the game is already amazing to start out with, but never feels like anything new when Activision releases a new Call of Duty.

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by lilnatsfan44 ; 12-06-2010 at 09:42 PM.

The following user thanked lilnatsfan44 for this useful post:

SBOSS
12-06-2010, 09:38 PM #12
Munkyspunx
Pokemon Trainer
I feel the same as OP. I am level 33 online and yet I'm 50 on Combat Training. I just cant be bothered with the hassle of lag online. It bores me to tears this new cod. The only thing "new" about it is the customized emblems. Even that has gotten old because I still have to rank up online. Zombies is crap too. The maps feel too big and they've tried to outdo themselves more than they needed too. Maybe it's cause I have Orange Broadband and an "Orange" connection all the time. (see what I did there?) Happy
12-06-2010, 09:41 PM #13
xTeano
Bounty hunter
I think the next COD will decide what way the franchise is going, with a new company making the game it might spice things up a bit add a different angle to the game. As for just now i agree that it is getting a bit boring, for me no game has really carried on the standerd that COD 4 left, don't get me wrong i think COD 5, MW2 and Black Ops are brilliant games but i just don't feel they have WOWed me like COD 4 did. I just hope whoever makes the next COD can spice things up a bit, add things that we've never seen before and make proper servers for a change.
12-06-2010, 09:48 PM #14
DiXiEnOrMoUz28
A.K.A Daboss1288
Originally posted by MrSnippy93 View Post
It,isn't old just the same game every year.The last good COD game was WAW

get out .
12-06-2010, 09:49 PM #15
I wanna see what COD sci-fi can do
12-06-2010, 10:04 PM #16
SBOSS
BIG BOSS BIGAVELI
Originally posted by Icey View Post
I don't if you feel the same as me, or you're like me, but after playing COD4 for 2 years (first and second along with W@W) it is like COD franchise is dying, is getting old, bored.

After 2 years of playing COD games, every COD game sure i get it from the first (like 90% us do) but, I just play the game the first day or maybe first week (4-8 hours) after that i could 3,4,5 days without turning on my PS3, and i don't feel like to go play any COD game, like "omg i feel like i want to play COD" and of course I do turn on my PS3 almost everyday (so those 3-5 days with my PS3 turned off could only apply if I only had COD) but for Netflix, play other games or just talk or play with my real life friends COD or any other game.

So yeah, it is like COD franchise is dying, and you might say "yeah that's why every year it is the top selling game" yeah thats true, as I said, even I buy every COD game on first day, because after each year I don't want to continue playing the same COD (obvious, and it has some minors/new features).

But the truth is that every year is the samething, no graphics improvements, servers, or anything that you can say "oh this is actually a new COD experience" all you see that change is the story obvious and some new features which are not that much, and is not that I found Black Ops a bad game if you compare it to MW2 with noob tubes etc, and not that I suck (in all CODs my K/D is over 2.0) except for BO because of the lag of the first 3 weeks it is 1.91. So yeah do you feel the same way?

The funny thing is ive tried to switch. But no company can make a game as good as the COD Series IMO.
12-06-2010, 10:07 PM #17
prit48
Banned
Yea I'm starting to get a bit bord of them now I played cod 4 the most then cod 5 the most and so on each year I play the next game less
12-06-2010, 10:14 PM #18
Munkyspunx
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by xTeano View Post
I think the next COD will decide what way the franchise is going, with a new company making the game it might spice things up a bit add a different angle to the game. As for just now i agree that it is getting a bit boring, for me no game has really carried on the standerd that COD 4 left, don't get me wrong i think COD 5, MW2 and Black Ops are brilliant games but i just don't feel they have WOWed me like COD 4 did. I just hope whoever makes the next COD can spice things up a bit, add things that we've never seen before and make proper servers for a change.

Yeah, I know what you mean.
It was WW2, WW2, WW2, Boom in comes Modern Warfare and everyone wass amazed at its unique-ness and new take on the classic WW2 franchise.
Now its exactly the same thing with the newer CoDs,

Modern, WW2, Modern, Modern, __CoD8__ We need a new type of CoD. That is what will impress the community. But not Space. ANYTHING but Space.

They should go further in time back PAST WW2 and date it the times with the British invading India in the 19th Century and the American Civil War. That would make for an EPIC FPS.

Call of Duty needs change and ingenuity for it to survive the ever-changing world of gaming. Games that pip the spot for GOTY above all the others is that they are all unique,

Think about it:

GOTY 2007: CoD4 (had a unique take to modernized warfare. Something that had never been done before.)

GOTY 2008: LittleBigPlanet (Again, unique. the sense of creating anything and making your own games was one of the key aspects to this game.)

GOTY 2009: Uncharted 2 (Such a perfect sequel to its predecessor. Great visuals and amazing storyline, this is one of the games that proves that unique-ness isn't the only thing you can use to achieve GOTY.)

GOTY 2010 (My Prediction) I think it will be close, but I think Red Dead Redemption will top it. It has a unique setting and it has some great DLC packs, plus it had a zombie add-on which looks like real fun (I haven't personally got the game fyi.)

Thanks for reading (took me a while to voice my opinion over!)

-Munky

The following 2 users say thank you to Munkyspunx for this useful post:

ghost1018, xTeano
12-06-2010, 10:16 PM #19
xTeano
Bounty hunter
Nice post Munky basically a more detailed version of what i was trying to get accross.

The following user thanked xTeano for this useful post:

Munkyspunx

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo