12-09-2016, 10:29 PM #1
Kryptus
Former Staff Manager
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Information

So, as most of you know, Rockstar released a patch out of the blue today. We're still unsure of every aspect changed with this, but at the moment it doesn't seem like a big deal whatsoever.
Feel free to comment any information, thoughts, etc regarding this update!

Patch Version (According to PKG/Game): 1.27
Patch Version (According to Rockstar): 1.36

Patch Notes
  • Necessary updates to support changes in server architecture.
Source: You must login or register to view this content.

What does this mean? We're unsure if the changes were really as simple and minor as they put it, or there's some extra patches/preventions implemented against cheating. So far, it seems to uneffect modding.

Filesize Comparisons
EBOOT.BIN
  • 1.26: 15,054 KB (MD5: EBFA2B68D683C7D03D4A6B89E3F8A9B9)
  • 1.27: 15,055 KB (MD5: B0778C03705D549318B0958166F3235D)
This tells us that the changes were most likely just edits to the existing structure, as they describe in the patch notes, rather than additions.

Update.rpf
  • 1.26: 62,930 KB (MD5: 158C768A48CC2AC5523373F490C2EEEC)
  • 1.27: 62,930 KB (MD5: 9A57B479DACBC4FB067AFF7D70D47D32)
They are identical in size, but they have been modified in some way. It could likely just be for server architecture, as they describe.

Conclusions
Did the EBOOT change? Yes.
Did the update.rpf change? Yes.
Did TOC, pointers, addresses, offsets, etc change? Some.
Do mods (menus, tools, etc) need to be updated? Not as far as I can tell.

It appears that only EBOOTs will need to be updated (and possibly update.rpf's, but those are extremely easy).

Downloads

PKG (PSN Links)

EBOOT (MEGA.NZ Links)
NOTE: These are the original eboots. There are no mods, they will cause you to be kicked back to the XMB on CFW when you launch the game.

You must login or register to view this content.

For Developers

Only a few minor addresses changed.
  • TOC: Unchanged
  • Native Table: Unchanged
  • Native Addresses: Unchanged
  • Native Pointers: Unchanged
  • SNPrintf: 0x14FDCEC
  • Network Events: The 1.26 value minus 0xE20
  • Vehicle Freeze Protection: The 1.26 value minus 0xE20
  • Launch Fix: 0x578 You must login or register to view this content.
  • Script Bypass: 0x01306254 You must login or register to view this content.
  • Cash Drop Check: 0x3FA510 You must login or register to view this content.
Other: You must login or register to view this content.

The following 42 users say thank you to Kryptus for this useful post:

VAP3R, #Dragoss, amermstwntd2, BiOS-907, brewing up, carma66, Chronic_Modz, destroyersham, Dog88Christian, Donmaka, DSG24, Father Luckeyy, Gallianovanilla, popcornmods, GRIMM330, gumbyman, GuzModz, I_BKB_I, ImPiffHD, IrZipher, James reborn, Je Modz, Kavi Modz, klambo, marcusmaximus45, Miztatwist666, MOD-RuLeZ, MODDING SQUAD, modzlife2000, Mrknuckles, Member35342235, Pianist Prodigy, PS3 Guru, Pwnaggge, rail206, Sabotage, SinonXSAO, Kronos, user_714, val26, X-UNDEAD_NINJA2, zundappchef
12-10-2016, 01:41 AM #29
BORICUA787
Bounty hunter
I just used Imperium without an issue
12-10-2016, 02:00 AM #30
Originally posted by Sabotage View Post
Both of these eboots have the shittly script bypass in it.

EBOOT with all of those fixes shit (with SPRX and dev_hdd0/tmp/GTA.sprx and Debug): You must login or register to view this content.

EBOOT with all of those fixes shit (No SPRX and Debug): You must login or register to view this content.

Tested and its all works, I can attach, load sprx and shits and everything works great Smile

Here is the native table if anyone needs it: 0000000001E6FF38

EBOOT with all of those fixes shit (with SPRX and dev_hdd0/tmp/GTA.sprx and Debug): <<--- dowloades this but its just one file sprx_EBOOT.BIN

What to do with it
12-10-2016, 02:27 AM #31
Pls in german ? :(
12-10-2016, 02:40 AM #32
Can not run a sprx with these files provided. As far as programming addresses, I have no idea that even means.
Please may someone help me?
12-10-2016, 03:13 AM #33

EBOOT with all of those fixes shit (with SPRX and dev_hdd0/tmp/GTA.sprx and Debug): You must login or register to view this content.

EBOOT with all of those fixes shit (No SPRX and Debug): You must login or register to view this content.

Tested and its all works, I can attach, load sprx and shits and everything works great Smile

Ulgh
Everyone wants to pretend they're super awesome.
Froze on first run stuck loading on the second run.
Anyone else have a bright EBOOT to add to my list of trash?
12-10-2016, 03:41 AM #34
Sabotage
Gaming Squad
Originally posted by Sailor
Ulgh
Everyone wants to pretend they're super awesome.
Froze on first run stuck loading on the second run.
Anyone else have a bright EBOOT to add to my list of trash?

Wow, nice one dude. Can't even put an eboot on your console. Tested both eboots and they worked fine but of course, you are using a ps3.2 or some shit like that is so different from mine to not work. Inb4 "Is it only for dex?". Also why don't you make one that works for your then? sinse you are such a special snowflake lol
Last edited by Sabotage ; 12-10-2016 at 03:47 AM.

The following 2 users say thank you to Sabotage for this useful post:

merker77, zundappchef
12-10-2016, 03:54 AM #35
Wow, nice one dude. Can't eve put an eboot on your console. Tested both eboots and they worked fine but of course, you are using a ps3.2 or some shit like that that is so different from mine to not work. Inb4 "Is it only for dex?". Also why don't you make one that works for your then? sinse you are such a special snowflake lol

Girl*
I know right!?!?! I'm a total nooberino. However, I know how to install these files correctly. I broke my console out of jail myself even.

I'm on 4.78 REBUG D-REX / BLES

I have tried now 3 different 1.27 EBOOT'so after deleting and reinstalling everything.

1. Let's me online with menu but only with other molders.
2. Let's me online with no sprx with everyone.
3. Freezes on loading screen.

I even helped my even noobier friend get his serendipity menu working again today, also have read only serendipity & LTS users are having success.

I am a total dumdum am I'm sorry my stupidity lashed out at you. Just completely frustrated.
12-10-2016, 03:59 AM #36

Just used your eboot without a problem. I havent found an update with a good modloader for 1.27 yet but it loaded sprx fine and was online with friends. Thank you

The following user thanked Jhedge for this useful post:

Sabotage
12-10-2016, 04:09 AM #37
Sabotage
Gaming Squad
Originally posted by Sailor
Girl*
I know right!?!?! I'm a total nooberino. However, I know how to install these files correctly. I broke my console out of jail myself even.

I'm on 4.78 REBUG D-REX / BLES

I have tried now 3 different 1.27 EBOOT'so after deleting and reinstalling everything.

1. Let's me online with menu but only with other molders.
2. Let's me online with no sprx with everyone.
3. Freezes on loading screen.

I even helped my even noobier friend get his serendipity menu working again today, also have read only serendipity & LTS users are having success.

I am a total dumdum am I'm sorry my stupidity lashed out at you. Just completely frustrated.

You must login or register to view this content.

He also has no problems, the EBOOTs that I posted are Debug EBOOT made from a BLES copy of the game. These will not work on CEX, I got nothing else to say.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo