Post: How many people have actually been banned over Geohuts Firmware?
01-13-2011, 05:03 AM #1
Pimp
Rustler Of Jimmies
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); im getting sick of all this talk of Sony gonna ban your console . Seriously the SB is filled with people saying " Hide yo PS3 , Hide yo PKG , Cause they banning everybody out here" . How many people have actually been banned over this ? If you were on PSHOME breaking the rules while you were on Geo hut it doesn't count . Please post proof (If you have any) , Don't say one of my friends got banned.
Last edited by Pimp ; 01-13-2011 at 05:08 AM.

The following 19 users say thank you to Pimp for this useful post:

-Garf-, JordanCarr, 890popbox, darkstar235, FangKing, Fireball93, HomeWorkPS, ILovePie24!!, Kidd Cold, LGxDEVIL, Mark00agent, Murderlikedj, Pillar2365, Rath, thee3nd, troy123, VHS, WolvezWarrior, xRafiq-
01-13-2011, 05:53 AM #20
Ive Been Doing Challange Lobbies Online With Random People in Ranked Matches And I Havent Gotten Banned. Besides JailBreaking Is Not Illegal. Google It

The following user thanked MEGANOOBTOOBER for this useful post:

karamanci
01-13-2011, 05:55 AM #21
Originally posted by GiovaniMars View Post
Well you can't get banned for doing something that isn't illegal. I thought that when you bought a system you were able to do anything you want with it because you bought it. The only reason they should ban you is if you run pirated games or things like that.

aCTUALLY ITS VERY TRUE SONY cant just go ahead and mess up your ps3 they just worry if u mess it up yer self and get it brick and blame sony for it and playing pirated games dat their main concern they dont care about challenge lobbies or nay of that all they care is about the back why u think geohot didnt make a backup manager becasue he smart enough not to do the illegal stuff by doing so
01-13-2011, 07:04 AM #22
Pimp
Rustler Of Jimmies
Originally posted by DevourCrestCurse View Post
I haven't got banned yet, but i have been signing in and out just see if i am banned lol, I haven't even done any illegal.. I'm just scared of playing online.. Has anyone played black ops online? without using backup manager etc... im just wondering cause i haven't played a online game since i got a CFW.. im just wondering if it's safe.

I Have played BOs and MW2 , dont be scared bro . People who know their gonna get banned on XBOX still JTAG (I know its possible to get unbanned) , You think sony has a magical button that destroys all ps3? Yes they do have special protocols or whatever the term is in the network to track consoles , But it does trick the console that your in a Original 3.55. If you dont belive me and your on CFW , Go update w/o a USB . It will say your on the most recent update. You can go back to the original w/ usb . Thats your choice and yes you do keep your CL Patches along with your orher .PKGs . GeoHotz is just a guy who by technology executive is the person everyone loves to hate . What company doesnt want him to stop hacking? Apple , Sony , ETC . Sony was just a "Victim " that needs to get in line. Seriosly i remeber when this shit was announced like last week everyone was R.I.P Sony HAHAHA , Showing off all their cool features. But now everyone is console and is scared to turn it on? WTF is that , its all rumors and BS as of now. Sorry for going off topic if i did , but dont be scared play your games with pride.

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

Originally posted by HtD View Post
Btw you spelled Geohot wrong.

you always find a way to embarrass me in my own threads , Thank you anyway lol

The following 3 users say thank you to Pimp for this useful post:

DevourCrestCurse, IPopUrDome, Micah344
01-13-2011, 07:06 AM #23
QS&SnD
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by the1untouchable View Post
sony can't bann for something that isn't illegal

Well actually they can. Because it is against the PSN Terms and Conditions. But Yes its not illegal
01-13-2011, 07:08 AM #24
antrax
Haxor!
You must login or register to view this content.
01-13-2011, 07:22 AM #25
Desert54
Gym leader
Originally posted by Kidd
I see no reason logical reason why it would be illegal for Sony to do that. If the patch works with their firmware but has extreme negative effects with an illegal custom-firmware it's not their problem.

I mean anyone who would try to fight Sony on it would screw them-self over because it proves that you were doing an illegal activity yourself.

It's highly illegal to purposefully sabotage a consumers product from the manufacturer, This will cause instant law-suits to be thrown at Sony, Let's say that the "update" is sent out for the reason you stated, What if that update affects a non-jailbroken system? Sony would have no actual proof your system was or wasn't jailbroken, Sony would not be looking for such a method of self destruction.
01-13-2011, 07:41 AM #26
DevourCrestCurse
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by IIxRKLFLxII View Post
I Have played BOs and MW2 , dont be scared bro . People who know their gonna get banned on XBOX still JTAG (I know its possible to get unbanned) , You think sony has a magical button that destroys all ps3? Yes they do have special protocols or whatever the term is in the network to track consoles , But it does trick the console that your in a Original 3.55. If you dont belive me and your on CFW , Go update w/o a USB . It will say your on the most recent update. You can go back to the original w/ usb . Thats your choice and yes you do keep your CL Patches along with your orher .PKGs . GeoHotz is just a guy who by technology executive is the person everyone loves to hate . What company doesnt want him to stop hacking? Apple , Sony , ETC . Sony was just a "Victim " that needs to get in line. Seriosly i remeber when this shit was announced like last week everyone was R.I.P Sony HAHAHA , Showing off all their cool features. But now everyone is console and is scared to turn it on? WTF is that , its all rumors and BS as of now. Sorry for going off topic if i did , but dont be scared play your games with pride.

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

you always find a way to embarrass me in my own threads , Thank you anyway lol

Thanks! Happy Now i can finally game my games in piece Smile, Really gave me a boost/encourage to play online again LOL XD Happy Thanks a lot again :bro::mudkip::y:Smile^
01-13-2011, 07:45 AM #27
Cain
Tutorial Team Like A Boss
Originally posted by Kidd
No one has.. Sony is going to wait before taking action. They will most likely get the lawsuit with what's his face out of the way and then figure out they are going to do. Legally Sony could make an update that works with their regular FW but mixes with a code in CFW to brick those systems.

That is illegal for Sony to do that and you could sue them thousands. If not, millions.
The Playstation 3 is our own console so if sony were to brick the PS3 it's your property and that's how you could sue them.
01-13-2011, 07:46 AM #28
Originally posted by IIxRKLFLxII View Post
im getting sick of all this talk of Sony gonna ban your console . Seriously the SB is filled with people saying " Hide yo PS3 , Hide yo PKG , Cause they banning everybody out here" . How many people have actually been banned over this ? If you were on PSHOME breaking the rules while you were on Geo hut it doesn't count . Please post proof (If you have any) , Don't say one of my friends got banned.

hide yo kids, hide yo wife and hide ur husband cuz they raping everybody out here..

The following user thanked PineApplExpress for this useful post:

PROPH3CY

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo