Post: How many people have actually been banned over Geohuts Firmware?
01-13-2011, 05:03 AM #1
Pimp
Rustler Of Jimmies
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); im getting sick of all this talk of Sony gonna ban your console . Seriously the SB is filled with people saying " Hide yo PS3 , Hide yo PKG , Cause they banning everybody out here" . How many people have actually been banned over this ? If you were on PSHOME breaking the rules while you were on Geo hut it doesn't count . Please post proof (If you have any) , Don't say one of my friends got banned.
Last edited by Pimp ; 01-13-2011 at 05:08 AM.

The following 19 users say thank you to Pimp for this useful post:

-Garf-, JordanCarr, 890popbox, darkstar235, FangKing, Fireball93, HomeWorkPS, ILovePie24!!, Kidd Cold, LGxDEVIL, Mark00agent, Murderlikedj, Pillar2365, Rath, thee3nd, troy123, VHS, WolvezWarrior, xRafiq-
01-13-2011, 01:27 PM #38
They will only ban i few i think
01-13-2011, 01:29 PM #39
THEHELL
I am error
ohh man

i'am sorry about that
01-13-2011, 01:37 PM #40
Why would they ban a few? If they would take actions they would do it big.
01-13-2011, 02:09 PM #41
Chrome
At least I can fight
Sony won't brick anyone's console /facepalm.

The following user thanked Chrome for this useful post:

Hells
01-13-2011, 02:27 PM #42
Kidd Cold
**** my Toaster !~!
Originally posted by Desert54 View Post
It's highly illegal to purposefully sabotage a consumers product from the manufacturer, This will cause instant law-suits to be thrown at Sony, Let's say that the "update" is sent out for the reason you stated, What if that update affects a non-jailbroken system? Sony would have no actual proof your system was or wasn't jailbroken, Sony would not be looking for such a method of self destruction.

I was not talking about jailbreaking... And I'm pretty sure it would be tested greatly before release.. Could you prove that Sony sabotage your system which was breaking the law?? and Sony has proof of using custom firmware.. it's in your boot logs, and it's in another location.. I don't think the law-suits against Sony would stand up to par.. The FCC and courts take piracy very seriously now days.

But you have a point, It's my opinion and honestly Sony will not take this approach.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Originally posted by CainFoool View Post
That is illegal for Sony to do that and you could sue them thousands. If not, millions.
The Playstation 3 is our own console so if sony were to brick the PS3 it's your property and that's how you could sue them.

I still don't see the logic behind what your saying.. Yes the PS3 is our property, yes we have a right to defend it.. But on the other side of the fence the firmware and other software on the PS3 are copyrighted property that belong to Sony, so in a way they are entitled to protecting it..
I honestly don't see whats wrong with a company make it so that if someone is using pirated game/movie it'll cause a major system malfunction. You take the risk breaking the law to use it then you shouldn't be able to turn around and try to use the law.

"Help officer!! that man just stole my crack!!!"
01-13-2011, 02:33 PM #43
The Epic
I wont stop
what's a bootlog that's a noob question i think but dont flame me
01-13-2011, 02:36 PM #44
Kidd Cold
**** my Toaster !~!
Originally posted by TheEpic View Post
what's a bootlog that's a noob question i think but dont flame me

When your ps3 boot's up it makes a log.. In case of any errors or anything.. It typically gets sent to Sony when your ps3 is connected to the internet. The log would most likely contain something about the current firmware.
01-13-2011, 02:59 PM #45
pap0024
Splicer
Originally posted by 123 View Post
i guess you deranked everyone in a game:dance:

actually no i admit it was quite bad, nothing weird but it violated the terms of agreement, i did a major hack.
01-13-2011, 03:13 PM #46
Originally posted by RazloTheSeventh View Post
Been playing Black Ops online since the jailbreak. No problems. It's all safe if your Black Ops copy isn't a backup. :P

hey man, i just got my ps3 hacked, its CFW 3.55 and i was hoping if you could tell me what to do so i can run homebrew games, i heard you need an eboot and something, can you just link me all the posts so i can run homebrew, thanks

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo