Post: How to use ANY ps3 hdd in your ps3 without formatting
02-07-2011, 06:11 PM #1
santino
Are you high?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); ok i am gonna show you how to make ANY ps3 harddrive work in your ps3 without formatting it so you dont loose info on it. this is great for someone who got a new ps3 and wants to use their old hdd in it.

Here is another way to do it. If YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THIS METHOD TELL ME ILL HELP THE BEST I CAN THIS SHOULD WORK. I HAVE TESTED ON MULTIPLE CONSOLES. put your real hdd in the system and go into the system restore menu (hold power until turns on and off, then hold again until two beeps) then have nothing else in your console usb wise and then go to system update and press start and select then change your hdd and let it go for a couple of seconds.. then shut the system off and turn it on again with the new hdd still in it and the hdd will work!!

hdd seagate - toshiba now
firmware 3.41 - 3.55 now
60gb - 500 gb now [/COLOR]

AND UR DONE Claps
Last edited by santino ; 05-26-2011 at 04:35 PM.

The following 53 users say thank you to santino for this useful post:

-Google-, -O-Z-Z-A-8-8-, .DiGiTaLTwO., aBoss, Amir-Habeeb, ASH_209, Asmel, Axiom, bluer105, clankfan1, cluckin bell, Dante., dealer_pt, DEREKTROTTER, Docko412, forcer911, galacticboy2009, Geordie4life2, GetDeleted -_-, GodDrinksPepsi, gusbus20, HIvkid, ItsBarryBurton, kmax102, Liam, Martinez_LJC, mieko, Norman, oI xPozeD Io, pop33, PUDDIN_BOLLOX, PWW_Commander, s0ph0r, sithxnew, Solid Snake, St0rM, stuartlittle98, STyLe_JapaN, ThePaaqoHD, theycallmeryan, TMAN242, tsuma, w8t4it, Waterguy469, xCristian, xHaydeennn, xHeAVeN, xTh3-J0k3R, Xx-NukeClan-xX, xzxero, yankeefan09ws, User2340034u
02-07-2011, 09:57 PM #11
Gonna try this tomorrow.

If it works I'm going to find you and kiss you.
02-07-2011, 09:58 PM #12
santino
Are you high?
Originally posted by leech1984 View Post
Gonna try this tomorrow.

If it works I'm going to find you and kiss you.

awsome im getting kissed tomorrow :420: it will work tho seriously
02-07-2011, 10:50 PM #13
SirBlazeAlot
I ROCK like a fossil
If this tutorial was just a tad bit more detailed and organized i would attempt this.

The following user thanked SirBlazeAlot for this useful post:

Swifter
02-07-2011, 11:36 PM #14
Please help me i had 2 ps3 harddrives 1 on 3.50 and 1 was on hacked 3.55 then i updated 3.55 to 3.56 thinking i can update 3.50 to 3.55. Then today i put in my 3.50 harddrive and it brings me to the recovery menu and said to connect ps3 storage wich contains 3.56 data and click Select and Start at the same time Or ps to restart system. Please Help me anyone! ill Rep for a helpful answer.
02-08-2011, 12:42 AM #15
Yeezus Christ
[move]Gk!A[/move]
Hey i just did this on my ps3 that has 3.55 CFW and i tried to use an HDD that is lower than 3.55. and it came up with a screen that said "the system software cant be run correctly,try to restart the sytem.then it says"if the system cant be restarted, i must reformat and install 3.55 or later" do i just install 3.55 or does that mean my HDD is corrupted?
02-08-2011, 12:48 AM #16
My thread is way eaiser You must login or register to view this content.
02-08-2011, 01:21 AM #17
Is it possible vice versa?
Like what i mean is i get my HDD from second PS3 into hack. Add some hacks to it, and then put it back into the other PS3. I remember that you don't reformat it if it's the same exact PS3 HDD
that would be sweet
02-08-2011, 01:23 AM #18
santino
Are you high?
Originally posted by Nitrowolf2 View Post
Is it possible vice versa?
Like what i mean is i get my HDD from second PS3 into hack. Add some hacks to it, and then put it back into the other PS3. I remember that you don't reformat it if it's the same exact PS3 HDD
that would be sweet

hmm i am a little confused on what you said but if i understand it i believe it will work if they are both cfw and same firmware sorry if i didnt help i didnt really understand that
02-08-2011, 01:28 AM #19
Originally posted by santino View Post
hmm i am a little confused on what you said but if i understand it i believe it will work if they are both cfw and same firmware sorry if i didnt help i didnt really understand that

alright what i mean is this.
Hack PS3 and nonhack
say we had them both on the same FW. From my understanding and testing before you don't have to format a HDD of a PS3 if you remove it and put it back in (same console removed and same one putting it back in)

Now hack PS3 has no HDD
Nonhack does

take out nonhack and put it in hacked using this method
alright now would i have to format it if i wanted to place it back into my other ps3 (nonhack)???

short i want to put hacks on my nonhack PS3 HDD and put it back into the nonhack PS3 without formating.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo