Post: How to use ANY ps3 hdd in your ps3 without formatting
02-07-2011, 06:11 PM #1
santino
Are you high?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); ok i am gonna show you how to make ANY ps3 harddrive work in your ps3 without formatting it so you dont loose info on it. this is great for someone who got a new ps3 and wants to use their old hdd in it.

Here is another way to do it. If YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THIS METHOD TELL ME ILL HELP THE BEST I CAN THIS SHOULD WORK. I HAVE TESTED ON MULTIPLE CONSOLES. put your real hdd in the system and go into the system restore menu (hold power until turns on and off, then hold again until two beeps) then have nothing else in your console usb wise and then go to system update and press start and select then change your hdd and let it go for a couple of seconds.. then shut the system off and turn it on again with the new hdd still in it and the hdd will work!!

hdd seagate - toshiba now
firmware 3.41 - 3.55 now
60gb - 500 gb now [/COLOR]

AND UR DONE Claps
Last edited by santino ; 05-26-2011 at 04:35 PM.

The following 53 users say thank you to santino for this useful post:

-Google-, -O-Z-Z-A-8-8-, .DiGiTaLTwO., aBoss, Amir-Habeeb, ASH_209, Asmel, Axiom, bluer105, clankfan1, cluckin bell, Dante., dealer_pt, DEREKTROTTER, Docko412, forcer911, galacticboy2009, Geordie4life2, GetDeleted -_-, GodDrinksPepsi, gusbus20, HIvkid, ItsBarryBurton, kmax102, Liam, Martinez_LJC, mieko, Norman, oI xPozeD Io, pop33, PUDDIN_BOLLOX, PWW_Commander, s0ph0r, sithxnew, Solid Snake, St0rM, stuartlittle98, STyLe_JapaN, ThePaaqoHD, theycallmeryan, TMAN242, tsuma, w8t4it, Waterguy469, xCristian, xHaydeennn, xHeAVeN, xTh3-J0k3R, Xx-NukeClan-xX, xzxero, yankeefan09ws, User2340034u
02-08-2011, 01:35 AM #20
santino
Are you high?
Originally posted by Nitrowolf2 View Post
alright what i mean is this.
Hack PS3 and nonhack
say we had them both on the same FW. From my understanding and testing before you don't have to format a HDD of a PS3 if you remove it and put it back in (same console removed and same one putting it back in)

Now hack PS3 has no HDD
Nonhack does

take out nonhack and put it in hacked using this method
alright now would i have to format it if i wanted to place it back into my other ps3 (nonhack)???

short i want to put hacks on my nonhack PS3 HDD and put it back into the nonhack PS3 without formating.

it will work to an extent the hdd will work but hacks wont because the cfw enables the hacks try it and u need to mod the xregisty.sys on the console that is getting the hdd so you need cfw to do it
02-08-2011, 03:15 AM #21
Originally posted by santino View Post
it will work to an extent the hdd will work but hacks wont because the cfw enables the hacks try it and u need to mod the xregisty.sys on the console that is getting the hdd so you need cfw to do it

ahh, well i was just talking about gamemods, which should still work no matter what, considering CODMW2 hacks still work after updating, any hacks involving editing game data shoudl work fine, just not FTP or homebrews
02-08-2011, 03:23 AM #22
santino
Are you high?
yes exactly
02-08-2011, 09:17 PM #23
Anyone tried this?

How do we put back our original hard drive if something goes wrong with putting other one?
02-08-2011, 10:13 PM #24
santino
Are you high?
Originally posted by pt View Post
Anyone tried this?

How do we put back our original hard drive if something goes wrong with putting other one?

change the file back or if you copied it just install the old one/facepalm
02-08-2011, 10:24 PM #25
thanks my fat ps3 YLOD now i can get my save off it :O
02-08-2011, 10:29 PM #26
Originally posted by santino View Post
change the file back or if you copied it just install the old one/facepalm

Yep, that i know Winky Winky my question is once i change the Xregistry, put it in the original folder, swap HDD's and start the PS3, if something goes wrong, can i put on my original HDD with no problems? How can i access Multiman from there?

Sorry for the questions but i can't test it at the moment, not at home, probably it's much easier than i am thinking Winky Winky

BTW: Thanks in advance for sharing this
02-08-2011, 10:32 PM #27
santino
Are you high?
Originally posted by pt View Post
Yep, that i know Winky Winky my question is once i change the Xregistry, put it in the original folder, swap HDD's and start the PS3, if something goes wrong, can i put on my original HDD with no problems? How can i access Multiman from there?

Sorry for the questions but i can't test it at the moment, not at home, probably it's much easier than i am thinking Winky Winky

BTW: Thanks in advance for sharing this

Hmm well that i honestly dont no i no for a fact you cant change back hdds unless that is changed i havent had a problem everytime i change my hdd i change the file but i only did it a couple of times to get saved data on it .
02-09-2011, 10:39 AM #28
Didn't work for me, when i put the new Xregistry in the PS3, shutdown, swap drives and restart, always says it is the wrong HDD, i then went and see the Xregistry, seems after i put the new serial number it always goes back to the original one... what am i missing?

The following user thanked dealer_pt for this useful post:

Gandi

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo