01-02-2013, 11:16 PM #1
D3cH
Zombie Cakes Maker
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello everyone!

First off I want to say special thanks to aerosoul94, we discovered this few months ago, we did alot of mods, and now this is the time for release!

Ok, so now I'll explain how to edit memory of PS3 games in real time.

Tools needed :

• A PS3 with a DEX firmware
  • ProDG Target Manager and ProDG Debugger (they got leaked just google it)
  • make_fself.exe
  • The ELF file of the game you want to mod

/!\ - Your PS3 must be wired, it will not work if you're using WiFi - /!\

Ok first, start ProDG Target Manager and go on "Search For Targets" then press the refresh button to start scanning, if all is ok your PS3 should be detected, just right click on it and move it to "Debugging Station" group then double click on it, it will add your PS3 into your targets list.

You must login or register to view this content.

Now in your targets list, right click on your PS3 then choose "Connect", once your PS3 is connected you can start ProDG Debugger (if it's asking you to select a target then just select your PS3).
You will see a window called "Memory", that's in this window that you will edit the memory of the game you want.

Ok now you need to make a fself (with make_fself.exe) of the ELF you want to edit memory, just go into cmd then put make_fself x.elf EBOOT.BIN where x is your ELF (it will create the EBOOT), once you have your file just put it in your PS3 in the right game folder.

In ProDG Debugger you should see a process appear in the "Processes" window, right click on it then choose "Attach Process" then "Continue without symbols" now your process is attached and you can view memory, but when you attach it, ProDG pauses the process, you have to continue it, just go in ProDG Target Manager, expand the list of your PS3, go to "Kernel Explorer", highlight the process then press the "Continue" icon (you can also continue it with ProDG Debugger).

Now you're done and you can edit memory of your game, by the way there are other options in ProDG Debugger, you can add breakpoints, show disassembly, etc. Also don't forget to refresh memory or just enable "Auto Update" option.

Here is a screen of how it looks like :

Example of real time modding :

Enjoy your memory editing !! Smile
Last edited by D3cH ; 01-04-2013 at 06:02 PM.

The following 296 users say thank you to D3cH for this useful post:

^TPP^, _PORTLAND_, -Elmas15-, -Google-, -JM-, -Nathan-, -SuperMan, Day, iTruceFret, {H} | Exception, {TehFluux}, *SCHAOS*, /SneakerStreet/, RAB, ItzSparkBoii, Dynamite, ℳaTiCz, ⓙω мσ∂z, ϟ c0rruption ϟ, Eddie Mac, ~SpongeBob, 007bond, 192.168.1.1, 631, abdullahjwz070, aerosoul94, alchybear, AllaoOo, AMNE, AssClapper-130, awsomedude1097, Bad Luck Brian, BadChoicesZ, BASEBALL4EVER12, bcb, BigGucciSosa300, blackhawk34, Blackstorm, Boliberrys, Brag, BrinkerzHD, BroIDontMod, Bubbles Are Fun, Bucko, cali123, Capo837, CentralModz819, deneo24, Choco, Choopie, clankfan1, CLM, CoDyMoDz1000XD, ContagiousModz, CrEaTiiOn_BuRn, Creepz, Creepzoid 0___0, Crunk, Daddy, Dan Dactyl, Dannie Fresh, DazedMods, DEREKTROTTER, Derpy Hooves, DETERMiiNED, ErasedDev, Disslzit, DJ_KILLA1337, dolby1, DraMaTiK_DreaM, drdshh, DSG24, DylanOc1, emcrew2, ExceptionHell, F l e x, Fachry Ilham, FAKA_ELITE, FallofReach, FM|T xR3PMz, forflah123, SubwayMonkey, FTDreload, FuntCase, g9g__BASHA__g9g, GaMeRGiRL_2310, gaming_nation, GE90, Ghost Rolly, gianluca33, Glitchy_Modz, GodDrinksPepsi, Gommy, uome68, GreenTea101, Gus Fring, Hack Pack, Harry and 196 other users.
01-03-2013, 02:41 PM #65
Yeah of course it can be dangerous,Ive been using real dex and fake dex firmware on both of my consoles and you will notice the difference between speed,heat.This is why i dont recommend messing round with kernal on fake dex

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Originally posted by DEREKTROTTER View Post
very nice releases

but DEX uses way too much system resources and puts strain on the ps3. Much more likely to YLoD/ overheat, just dobt overuse it.

Exactly what i said earlier to everyone.I can see alot of people moaning about ylod on fake dexs its not the same as real dex!! but all the kids got to live and learn.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Originally posted by Soldier View Post
How does one obtain a "make_fself.exe?" I have "makeself.exe" but that's it.

Look at Failoverflow tools or geohot tools MFW has it is well!!

The following user thanked ELITE xxmcvapourxx for this useful post:

Pseudo_Soldier
01-03-2013, 02:54 PM #66
D3cH
Zombie Cakes Maker
Originally posted by xxmcvapourxx View Post
Exactly what i said earlier to everyone.I can see alot of people moaning about ylod on fake dexs its not the same as real dex!! but all the kids got to live and learn.

I'm using a DEX firmware on a retail console, and I never had those problems, you just need to connect your console with the Target Manager then debug your ELF with the debugger, but if you enable some options and you don't know what you're doing, maybe you can crash your console.
01-03-2013, 03:15 PM #67
Originally posted by D3cH View Post
I'm using a DEX firmware on a retail console, and I never had those problems, you just need to connect your console with the Target Manager then debug your ELF with the debugger, but if you enable some options and you don't know what you're doing, maybe you can crash your console.

I believe he means a fake DEX firmware like the one included in the 4.21.1 REX firmware instead of the standard DEX conversion with a flasher.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Originally posted by xxmcvapourxx View Post
Yeah of course it can be dangerous,Ive been using real dex and fake dex firmware on both of my consoles and you will notice the difference between speed,heat.This is why i dont recommend messing round with kernal on fake dex

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Look at Failoverflow tools or geohot tools MFW has it is well!!

I only have "makeself.c" in my tools, isn't that linux.
01-03-2013, 03:21 PM #68
ExceptionHell
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄
Amazing !! Thanks
01-03-2013, 03:31 PM #69
Jakeyy
Expect the unexpected!
Hello everyone!

First off I want to say special thanks to aerosoul94, we discovered this few months ago, we did alot of mods, and now this is the time for release!

Tools needed :

• make_fself.exe

Ok first, start ProDG Target Manager and go on "Search For Targets" then press the refresh button to start scanning, if all is ok your PS3 should be detected, just right click on it and move it to "Debugging Station" group then double click on it, it will add your PS3 into your targets list.

Now in your targets list, right click on your PS3 then choose "Connect", once your PS3 is connected you can start ProDG Debugger (if it's asking you to select a target then just select your PS3).
You will see a window called "Memory", that's in this window that you will edit the memory of the game you want.

Ok now you need to make a fself (with make_fself.exe) of the ELF you want to edit memory, just go into cmd then put make_fself x.elf EBOOT.BIN where x is your ELF (it will create the EBOOT), once you have your file just put it in your PS3 in the right game folder.

In ProDG Debugger you should see a process appear in the "Processes" window, right click on it then choose "Attach Process" then "Continue without symbols" now your process is attached and you can view memory, but when you attach it, ProDG pauses the process, you have to continue it, just go in ProDG Target Manager, expand the list of your PS3, go to "Kernel Explorer", highlight the process then press the "Continue" icon (you can also continue it with ProDG Debugger).

Now you're done and you can edit memory of your game, by the way there are other options in ProDG Debugger, you can add breakpoints, show disassembly, etc. Also don't forget to refresh memory or just enable "Auto Update" option.

Nice work man! I won't be able to use this as my PS3 is on latest FW but really good job!
01-03-2013, 03:53 PM #70

Let me explain:
On retail console dex converts it has eid ,on real dex full eid converted,dex retail has not got all the options of what a real dex like debug menu, and bdemu so on!! retail use's so much because it loads more modules your ps3 will begin to get hotter and hotter hense you hear your fans speed up faster, core_os has more in retail then dex,dex has only 4 files lv2,lv0,lv1,emer_init,Now if you take alook at core_os retail you have about 10-12 files now if you convert that into dex your retail is using so much power to the ppc,spu and ram all at one go!! dex has its 4 files which does not use so much power into it now what you done there will soon or later will cause you 5 beeps and boom ylod or red light if you use it to much!! Hope this clear's it up much!!

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Originally posted by Soldier View Post
I believe he means a fake DEX firmware like the one included in the 4.21.1 REX firmware instead of the standard DEX conversion with a flasher.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

I only have "makeself.c" in my tools, isn't that linux.[/QUOTE

Yes also see if you can find sdk 3.70 or 4.00 ;-p that might help you!!!

The following user thanked ELITE xxmcvapourxx for this useful post:

01-03-2013, 03:56 PM #71
Hello everyone!

Tools needed :

• make_fself.exe

Nice post bro im gonna have to try this out later
01-03-2013, 04:24 PM #72
iTruceFret
[move]From now on, call me DRAGON.[/move]
Nice release to kick off the new year. Good job to ALL developers.
01-03-2013, 04:37 PM #73
Big Poppa Bren
Treasure hunter
also works with an infectus2 modchip piggyback straight to the ram. live memory debugging. > myself and prokilla used this expliot. with help/clues from theunkn0wn before jailbreak and cfw's not used it on ps3 for a while. went to xbox. same pricipals > memory debugging via neighbourhood :-)

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo