01-02-2013, 11:16 PM #1
D3cH
Zombie Cakes Maker
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello everyone!

First off I want to say special thanks to aerosoul94, we discovered this few months ago, we did alot of mods, and now this is the time for release!

Ok, so now I'll explain how to edit memory of PS3 games in real time.

Tools needed :

• A PS3 with a DEX firmware
  • ProDG Target Manager and ProDG Debugger (they got leaked just google it)
  • make_fself.exe
  • The ELF file of the game you want to mod

/!\ - Your PS3 must be wired, it will not work if you're using WiFi - /!\

Ok first, start ProDG Target Manager and go on "Search For Targets" then press the refresh button to start scanning, if all is ok your PS3 should be detected, just right click on it and move it to "Debugging Station" group then double click on it, it will add your PS3 into your targets list.

You must login or register to view this content.

Now in your targets list, right click on your PS3 then choose "Connect", once your PS3 is connected you can start ProDG Debugger (if it's asking you to select a target then just select your PS3).
You will see a window called "Memory", that's in this window that you will edit the memory of the game you want.

Ok now you need to make a fself (with make_fself.exe) of the ELF you want to edit memory, just go into cmd then put make_fself x.elf EBOOT.BIN where x is your ELF (it will create the EBOOT), once you have your file just put it in your PS3 in the right game folder.

In ProDG Debugger you should see a process appear in the "Processes" window, right click on it then choose "Attach Process" then "Continue without symbols" now your process is attached and you can view memory, but when you attach it, ProDG pauses the process, you have to continue it, just go in ProDG Target Manager, expand the list of your PS3, go to "Kernel Explorer", highlight the process then press the "Continue" icon (you can also continue it with ProDG Debugger).

Now you're done and you can edit memory of your game, by the way there are other options in ProDG Debugger, you can add breakpoints, show disassembly, etc. Also don't forget to refresh memory or just enable "Auto Update" option.

Here is a screen of how it looks like :

Example of real time modding :

Enjoy your memory editing !! Smile
Last edited by D3cH ; 01-04-2013 at 06:02 PM.

The following 296 users say thank you to D3cH for this useful post:

^TPP^, _PORTLAND_, -Elmas15-, -Google-, -JM-, -Nathan-, -SuperMan, Day, iTruceFret, {H} | Exception, {TehFluux}, *SCHAOS*, /SneakerStreet/, RAB, ItzSparkBoii, Dynamite, ℳaTiCz, ⓙω мσ∂z, ϟ c0rruption ϟ, Eddie Mac, ~SpongeBob, 007bond, 192.168.1.1, 631, abdullahjwz070, aerosoul94, alchybear, AllaoOo, AMNE, AssClapper-130, awsomedude1097, Bad Luck Brian, BadChoicesZ, BASEBALL4EVER12, bcb, BigGucciSosa300, blackhawk34, Blackstorm, Boliberrys, Brag, BrinkerzHD, BroIDontMod, Bubbles Are Fun, Bucko, cali123, Capo837, CentralModz819, deneo24, Choco, Choopie, clankfan1, CLM, CoDyMoDz1000XD, ContagiousModz, CrEaTiiOn_BuRn, Creepz, Creepzoid 0___0, Crunk, Daddy, Dan Dactyl, Dannie Fresh, DazedMods, DEREKTROTTER, Derpy Hooves, DETERMiiNED, ErasedDev, Disslzit, DJ_KILLA1337, dolby1, DraMaTiK_DreaM, drdshh, DSG24, DylanOc1, emcrew2, ExceptionHell, F l e x, Fachry Ilham, FAKA_ELITE, FallofReach, FM|T xR3PMz, forflah123, SubwayMonkey, FTDreload, FuntCase, g9g__BASHA__g9g, GaMeRGiRL_2310, gaming_nation, GE90, Ghost Rolly, gianluca33, Glitchy_Modz, GodDrinksPepsi, Gommy, uome68, GreenTea101, Gus Fring, Hack Pack, Harry and 196 other users.
01-03-2013, 10:50 AM #56
xLew--
Former Staff
cfw has come a long way now! this is a big step! the possibilities are huge! potentially ruining games or in other view opening games up to another level lol
01-03-2013, 11:00 AM #57
Originally posted by tq1 View Post
unbelieveable release bro Happy one thing tho u should warn users to be careful when using prodg as all it takes is one click in the worng direction and your looking at some stuff that may have u worried xD here an example: You must login or register to view this content.

May i warn everyone on this,i can see alot of ylod going to happen soon,over working the kernal on a fake dex core_os will see it overworked and cause your ps3 to overheat,if any of you lot get stuck on debugging station mode Use ProdGD do a soft reset not a hard reset or Do recovery mode press the power button for 2 secs a couple of times it will reset it self back to xmb!!! But well done on your finding's

The following 4 users say thank you to ELITE xxmcvapourxx for this useful post:

192.168.1.1, KCxFTW, PounDJo0DoGz0r, riggstq
01-03-2013, 11:45 AM #58
iOdysseus
Bounty hunter
With a homebrew that has peek & poke enabled, this is possible.
01-03-2013, 12:04 PM #59
riggstq
[move]Haters Gonna Hate[/move]
Originally posted by xxmcvapourxx View Post
May i warn everyone on this,i can see alot of ylod going to happen soon,over working the kernal on a fake dex core_os will see it overworked and cause your ps3 to overheat,if any of you lot get stuck on debugging station mode Use ProdGD do a soft reset not a hard reset or Do recovery mode press the power button for 2 secs a couple of times it will reset it self back to xmb!!! But well done on your finding's

oh so it is dangerous to use this on rebug 4.21 dex it should be used on proper full dex cfw?
01-03-2013, 12:27 PM #60
jaaaasonx
League Champion
that looks awsome mate well done
01-03-2013, 01:18 PM #61
How does one obtain a "make_fself.exe?" I have "makeself.exe" but that's it.
01-03-2013, 01:55 PM #62
Sonoro
I like anteaters
Found this about 1 month ago and i think it wasnt a good idea to release.. but its your choice
01-03-2013, 02:03 PM #63
awesome work Happy
01-03-2013, 02:22 PM #64
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
very nice releases

but DEX uses way too much system resources and puts strain on the ps3. Much more likely to YLoD/ overheat, just dobt overuse it.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo