Post: E3 Flasher w/ no ESATA Station and no FSM dongle required video tutorial
09-12-2013, 06:08 AM #1
libra7ry
I’m too L33T
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Sup fellas
Made this video a few days ago and wanted to share it with the community. I've tried to make this very noob friendly by making it step by step on how to install and downgrade the PS3 with an E3 flasher. This includes how to verify your dump/back ups and how to patch up dumps with No FSM required. I know my MAC address is displayed, I have many PS3, so I don't mind relinquishing one for the sake of educational purposes.

This video was done on 4.46OFW and YES if you're on 4.50 and 4.53....Follow the same steps but use the 4.50 files that I've provided.

E3 Flasher w/ no ESATA Station and no FSM dongle required
From 4.46 OFW to Rogero 4.46 v1.01 CFW

For PS3 that are 25XX, please use the MinVerChk to verify that you can actually downgrade.
MinVerChk: You must login or register to view this content.

Or check the date code

0A January, February, March / 2010 Yes 3.20
0B April, May, June / 2010 Yes 3.21, 3.30, 3.40
0C July, August, September / 2010 Yes 3.40, 3.41, 3.42, 3.50 3.40
0D October, November, December /2010 Yes 3.55 3.40/3.50
1A January, February, March / 2011 Sometimes 3.56, 3.60 3.55 or 3.56
1B April, May, June / 2011 No 3.61, 3.65, 3.66 3.60
1C July, August, September / 2011 No 3.70, 3.72
1D October, November, December / 2011 No 3.73, 4.00

4.46OFW if you're on a lower firmware:You must login or register to view this content.

Samsung Update.bin (Multi-Consoles): You must login or register to view this content.
NOR Inspector: You must login or register to view this content.

`````````For People on 4.46 OFW use these files:```````````

PS3 Flash Tool for 4.46 (by Swizzy & Rogero): You must login or register to view this content.

Rogero CEX-4.46 v1.01 CFW: You must login or register to view this content.

``````````For people on 4.50OFW, use these files:````````````

PS3 Flash Tool for 4.50 (by Swizzy & Rogero) To myboy NmE_Tm (PSN handle) for testing credit Smile
You must login or register to view this content.

Rogero 4.50 v1.01 CFW: You must login or register to view this content.
Habib 4.50 CFW :You must login or register to view this content.

``````````For people on 4.53OFW, use these files:````````````

Unofficial Release of PS3 Flash Tool for 4.53

PS3 Flash Tool for 4.53 (by Swizzy & Rogero) and thanks to smhabib for the files. Thanks Habib. It will say 4.50 in the application, but I assure you it is for 4.53!!!!!
Please EXTRACT with Winrar or 7-Zip!!!!!!!!!

WinRar v5.01: You must login or register to view this content.
7-Zip: You must login or register to view this content.

Habib 4.53 v1.01: You must login or register to view this content.

Need help???? email me: [email][email protected][/email]
Last edited by libra7ry ; 12-10-2013 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Adding links

The following 15 users say thank you to libra7ry for this useful post:

DIRTY SMASHER, Cesei, Creepzoid 0___0, Dan Dactyl, danielkelly, danielrios1436, Eat_Ur_Food, EternalHabit, Gabberhard, Klots, Mango_Knife, sauib786, sert1991, Wild., xNoLiimitzZx
10-15-2013, 12:23 PM #38
Another question, the e3 mainboard is not attached to the hdd slot, how can it run?
10-15-2013, 03:40 PM #39
libra7ry
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by marcoms View Post
Another question, the e3 mainboard is not attached to the hdd slot, how can it run?

The e3 mainboard gets it source of power from the NOR chip when attached.
10-15-2013, 05:16 PM #40
Thanks for tour replies, i'll follow your guide when I receive the e3!

PS: Do I have to change the thermal paste before reassembling?
The slim is never used (only updated by the seller, I don't know why, the min. Vers. is 3.50 btw)
Last edited by marcoms ; 10-15-2013 at 07:21 PM.
10-16-2013, 03:19 AM #41
libra7ry
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by marcoms View Post
Thanks for tour replies, i'll follow your guide when I receive the e3!

PS: Do I have to change the thermal paste before reassembling?
The slim is never used (only updated by the seller, I don't know why, the min. Vers. is 3.50 btw)

I always replace the thermal paste. Since you already have it open, dusting off the PS3 and replace the thermal would be a good idea. Will give more life to your console.

That is good. That means you can use the e3 flasher =)
10-22-2013, 05:01 PM #42
Demmonnixx
Vault dweller
Originally posted by libra7ry View Post
Sup fellas
Made this video a few days ago and wanted to share it with the community. I've tried to make this very noob friendly by making it step by step on how to install and downgrade the PS3 with an E3 flasher. This includes how to verify your dump/back ups and how to patch up dumps with No FSM required. I know my MAC address is displayed, I have many PS3, so I don't mind relinquishing one for the sake of educational purposes.

This video was done on 4.46OFW

4.46OFW if you're on a lower firmware: You must login or register to view this content.

Samsung Update.bin (Multi-Consoles): You must login or register to view this content.

NOR Inspector: You must login or register to view this content.

PS3 Flash Tool v1.00 (by Swizzy & Rogero): You must login or register to view this content.

Rogero CEX-4.46 v1.01: You must login or register to view this content.

For people on 4.50OFW
Here is Rogero Flash Auto Patcher for 4.50 (Thanks to Habib for updating it and my boy NmE_Tm (PSN handle) for testing credit Smile

And install Habib 4.50 CFW: You must login or register to view this content.

Need help???? email me: [email][email protected][/email]

Would going this route on a phat ps3 CECHH model work? Asking because I have seen some posts and youtube videos but dang near all have the esata station. Also noticed that you did not have the e3flasher connected to the hdd slots on the board but instead just sitting on top of your hdd for I assume a support for keeping it level. Could I do the same a phat or would I need the esata station?
10-22-2013, 09:07 PM #43
libra7ry
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by Demmonnixx View Post
Would going this route on a phat ps3 CECHH model work? Asking because I have seen some posts and youtube videos but dang near all have the esata station. Also noticed that you did not have the e3flasher connected to the hdd slots on the board but instead just sitting on top of your hdd for I assume a support for keeping it level. Could I do the same a phat or would I need the esata station?

Yes it can buddy. But, freaking fats have a fucked up design to start off with.
You would have to take it apart and then add:
The heat sink back to the CPU and GPU
Then reconnect the power supply back.
Then have the blu-ray next to it (but not connected just want the PS3 to be leveled)
Flip over and place the CLIP onto the CHIP
Connect HDD and e3 flasher.
Then have some sort of external FAN pointing to the HEAT SINK...wanna keep these cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
then follow my video

I always suggest to people with FATs to use this SETUP this video, since it gives you the opportunity to place the HDD in its port. Though, it is in Portuguese you are just looking at his setup.
Start at (12:05)
10-22-2013, 09:37 PM #44
Demmonnixx
Vault dweller
Then have the blu-ray next to it (but not connected just want the PS3 to be leveled)
Then have some sort of external FAN pointing to the HEAT SINK...wanna keep these cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
then follow my video

I always suggest to people with FATs to use this SETUP this video, since it gives you the opportunity to place the HDD in its port. Though, it is in Portuguese you are just looking at his setup.

Thanks for the breakdown and the vid, looks like I'm going to go the esata station way plus it's only $20.00 more anyway. Looks fairly simple although I've never messed with a e3flasher before. My original jailbroken ps3 back when GeoHotz released his CFW finally gave out on me so I gave it to my brother to tinker with about a year ago. Anyways, thanks again!
10-28-2013, 08:23 PM #45
Demmonnixx
Vault dweller
then follow my video

One more quick question. Putting my order in for an E3 flasher shortly but wanted to check to see if you knew or not. Do I have to have my hdd hooked up if I have a phat ps3 or can I do it without the hdd connected? If I can is there anything special I'll need to do once it's all flashed up? Reason for asking is if I can then I will just purchase the E3 Flasher without esata dock, if I cannot then of course will have to purchase the full kit.
10-29-2013, 03:06 AM #46
libra7ry
I’m too L33T
I've haven't done it myself. But, I've read and also seen many videos that don't have the HDD plugged in. I personally can't confirm but by what I've read and seen it is possible. You just need to wait until the PS3 display "Cannot start. The appropriate system storage was not found" and then press start on the E3 flasher to start dump.

Once it is all flashed up with the PATCHED UP NOR, assemble everything back to normal and install the CFW.
In the END, it is up to you if you wanna purchase the E3 esata station buddy.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo