Post: E3 Flasher w/ no ESATA Station and no FSM dongle required video tutorial
09-12-2013, 06:08 AM #1
libra7ry
I’m too L33T
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Sup fellas
Made this video a few days ago and wanted to share it with the community. I've tried to make this very noob friendly by making it step by step on how to install and downgrade the PS3 with an E3 flasher. This includes how to verify your dump/back ups and how to patch up dumps with No FSM required. I know my MAC address is displayed, I have many PS3, so I don't mind relinquishing one for the sake of educational purposes.

This video was done on 4.46OFW and YES if you're on 4.50 and 4.53....Follow the same steps but use the 4.50 files that I've provided.

E3 Flasher w/ no ESATA Station and no FSM dongle required
From 4.46 OFW to Rogero 4.46 v1.01 CFW

For PS3 that are 25XX, please use the MinVerChk to verify that you can actually downgrade.
MinVerChk: You must login or register to view this content.

Or check the date code

0A January, February, March / 2010 Yes 3.20
0B April, May, June / 2010 Yes 3.21, 3.30, 3.40
0C July, August, September / 2010 Yes 3.40, 3.41, 3.42, 3.50 3.40
0D October, November, December /2010 Yes 3.55 3.40/3.50
1A January, February, March / 2011 Sometimes 3.56, 3.60 3.55 or 3.56
1B April, May, June / 2011 No 3.61, 3.65, 3.66 3.60
1C July, August, September / 2011 No 3.70, 3.72
1D October, November, December / 2011 No 3.73, 4.00

4.46OFW if you're on a lower firmware:You must login or register to view this content.

Samsung Update.bin (Multi-Consoles): You must login or register to view this content.
NOR Inspector: You must login or register to view this content.

`````````For People on 4.46 OFW use these files:```````````

PS3 Flash Tool for 4.46 (by Swizzy & Rogero): You must login or register to view this content.

Rogero CEX-4.46 v1.01 CFW: You must login or register to view this content.

``````````For people on 4.50OFW, use these files:````````````

PS3 Flash Tool for 4.50 (by Swizzy & Rogero) To myboy NmE_Tm (PSN handle) for testing credit Smile
You must login or register to view this content.

Rogero 4.50 v1.01 CFW: You must login or register to view this content.
Habib 4.50 CFW :You must login or register to view this content.

``````````For people on 4.53OFW, use these files:````````````

Unofficial Release of PS3 Flash Tool for 4.53

PS3 Flash Tool for 4.53 (by Swizzy & Rogero) and thanks to smhabib for the files. Thanks Habib. It will say 4.50 in the application, but I assure you it is for 4.53!!!!!
You must login or register to view this content.
Please EXTRACT with Winrar or 7-Zip!!!!!!!!!

WinRar v5.01: You must login or register to view this content.
7-Zip: You must login or register to view this content.

Habib 4.53 v1.01: You must login or register to view this content.

Need help???? email me: [email][email protected][/email]
Last edited by libra7ry ; 12-10-2013 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Adding links

The following 15 users say thank you to libra7ry for this useful post:

DIRTY SMASHER, Cesei, Creepzoid 0___0, Dan Dactyl, danielkelly, danielrios1436, Eat_Ur_Food, EternalHabit, Gabberhard, Klots, Mango_Knife, sauib786, sert1991, Wild., xNoLiimitzZx
09-12-2013, 12:54 PM #2
nice tutorial

thank you bt i have a question

ihv read before that you most disconnect the power cable from your console and you most do it

2 can you change the E3 board UP or down without turning off your console .

3 . after update rogero you should power off then rebuild the ps3 . and start normal ? no Qa flag
and you can do this and downgrade from any ofw even if 4.46 ?

and simply
1 creat good backups
2 modify one then flash it to console
3 update rogero 4.46 , and you are done .
are these the general stips only ?

and thank you again for the tutorial
09-12-2013, 03:48 PM #3
libra7ry
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by bob.libya View Post
nice tutorial

thank you bt i have a question

ihv read before that you most disconnect the power cable from your console and you most do it

2 can you change the E3 board UP or down without turning off your console .

3 . after update rogero you should power off then rebuild the ps3 . and start normal ? no Qa flag
and you can do this and downgrade from any ofw even if 4.46 ?

and simply
1 creat good backups
2 modify one then flash it to console
3 update rogero 4.46 , and you are done .
are these the general stips only ?

and thank you again for the tutorial

You have to disconnect the power after installing the e3_downgrader.bin and before entering FSM. I do not use e3_downgrader.bin and I do not use FSM dongle. Don't need to disconnect the power.

The only time you need to restart/turn off the ps3, to switch the switches, is after updating the E3 flasher with the update.bin
Aftwerwards, you can switch the switches while the PS3 is currently on.

Yeah, after Rogero is installed, remove the E3 flasher and clip and put everything back together or reassemble the PS3.

I didn't show the QA flag process because you need to reassemble the PS3 and use Rogero 3.55CFW downgrader, QA flag, then upgrade back to Rogero 4.46 CFW. In the video, I was to tired to show the next steps. Just wanted to show the general use of the E3 flasher.

Yes, you can be on any OFW, even 4.46, and use an E3 flasher and downgrade the PS3.

Simply
1.Create good back ups
2.Verify the back ups
3.Patch one back up
4.Flash the PS3 with the patched up back up
5.Restart and update the PS3 w/ Rogero 4.46
6.Remove E3 flasher and reassemble the PS3
Done
09-12-2013, 05:05 PM #4
Cesei
Banned
Originally posted by libra7ry View Post
Sup fellas
Made this video a few days ago and wanted to share it with the community. I've tried to make this very noob friendly by making it step by step on how to install and downgrade the PS3 with an E3 flasher. This includes how to verify your dump/back ups and how to patch up dumps with No FSM required. I know my MAC address is displayed, I have many PS3, so I don't mind relinquishing one for the sake of educational purposes.

Very good tutorial can you provide links to the tools you used as well it will help. Also I got a question, what if I want to update to official firmware can I downgrade quickly if the E3 flasher is permanently inside the PS3? Lastly once the E3 flasher is inside and I already have valid dumps all I need to set all switches down and I can downgrade to 3.55 right away even if I was on official firmware and already had my dumps all I got to do is set all switches down on the e3 flasher?
09-13-2013, 05:20 AM #5
libra7ry
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by Cesei View Post
Very good tutorial can you provide links to the tools you used as well it will help. Also I got a question, what if I want to update to official firmware can I downgrade quickly if the E3 flasher is permanently inside the PS3? Lastly once the E3 flasher is inside and I already have valid dumps all I need to set all switches down and I can downgrade to 3.55 right away even if I was on official firmware and already had my dumps all I got to do is set all switches down on the e3 flasher?

Just added the links to the files.
Yeah, you can do that but then why not use Dual boot, on the E3 flasher, to switch from OFW to CFW?
You need to use another update.bin for dual booting. It's a complete different process and that requires you to have an esata station to swap out hard drives. For example:

With my tutorial, your not downgrading to 3.55 but going onto Rogero 4.46 CFW. I skipped the FSM by using Rogero Flash Auto Patcher v4.46 (No FSM) to patch up my dump, then did all switch down ( which is the restore process) to flash my patched up dump to the ps3 and followed by installing Rogero 4.46 CFW.

So, to answer your question about "I already have valid dumps all I need to set all switches down and I can downgrade to 3.55 right away even if I was on official firmware" With my tutorial no you wont be able to downgrade to 3.55 right away. You would have go the long way by going onto FSM and also using the e3_downgrade.bin to go onto 3.55.
And NO, by just having a valid dump and by having all switch down, you wont be on 3.55 if you were on OFW. You need to patch up your dump or go the long way using FSM.

If you use my tutorial and end up on 4.46 CFW and wanna be on 3.55, you need to use Rogero 3.55 downgrader and install Rogero 3.55 CFW. QA flag your machine and afterwards, install any CFW you like or even install 3.55 OFW
09-14-2013, 01:59 AM #6
Cesei
Banned
Just added the links to the files.
Yeah, you can do that but then why not use Dual boot, on the E3 flasher, to switch from OFW to CFW?
You need to use another update.bin for dual booting. It's a complete different process and that requires you to have an esata station to swap out hard drives. For example:

With my tutorial, your not downgrading to 3.55 but going onto Rogero 4.46 CFW. I skipped the FSM by using Rogero Flash Auto Patcher v4.46 (No FSM) to patch up my dump, then did all switch down ( which is the restore process) to flash my patched up dump to the ps3 and followed by installing Rogero 4.46 CFW.

So, to answer your question about "I already have valid dumps all I need to set all switches down and I can downgrade to 3.55 right away even if I was on official firmware" With my tutorial no you wont be able to downgrade to 3.55 right away. You would have go the long way by going onto FSM and also using the e3_downgrade.bin to go onto 3.55.
And NO, by just having a valid dump and by having all switch down, you wont be on 3.55 if you were on OFW. You need to patch up your dump or go the long way using FSM.

If you use my tutorial and end up on 4.46 CFW and wanna be on 3.55, you need to use Rogero 3.55 downgrader and install Rogero 3.55 CFW. QA flag your machine and afterwards, install any CFW you like or even install 3.55 OFW

Ok so once I have the correct update.bin where I can downgrade the same PS3 multiple times & I already have valid dumps all I need to do is set all switches down right when I'm on OFW? Also can I do this anytime when I'm on OFW once I have my valid dumps and the correct update.bin? Yes I had a esata drive but I don't think its compatible with my PS3.
09-14-2013, 03:55 AM #7
libra7ry
I’m too L33T
Ok so once I have the correct update.bin where I can downgrade the same PS3 multiple times & I already have valid dumps all I need to do is set all switches down right when I'm on OFW? Also can I do this anytime when I'm on OFW once I have my valid dumps and the correct update.bin? Yes I had a esata drive but I don't think its compatible with my PS3.

Remember that you need to patch up the valid dump and then have all switches down when your on OFW.
Once you have the patched up dump, yea you can just leave it in the TF coverboard and have all switches down and press start. Afterwards, install Rogero 4.46 CFW. But, yeah you can update to OFW and then go back to CFW with this method.
Why isn't the Esata station not compatible? Is it not working?
09-14-2013, 04:03 AM #8
Cesei
Banned
Remember that you need to patch up the valid dump and then have all switches down when your on OFW.
Once you have the patched up dump, yea you can just leave it in the TF coverboard and have all switches down and press start. Afterwards, install Rogero 4.46 CFW. But, yeah you can update to OFW and then go back to CFW with this method.
Why isn't the Esata station not compatible? Is it not working?

Not bothered to dual boot I rather do the long way more safer. So I need is the right update, patch valid dumps and I can download to CFW within 5 mins.
09-14-2013, 04:13 AM #9
libra7ry
I’m too L33T
Not bothered to dual boot I rather do the long way more safer. So I need is the right update, patch valid dumps and I can download to CFW within 5 mins.

I would say more, because all switch down (restore process) take at least 10 mins. And 5-7 minutes to install Rogero.
So maybe about 20 min to be safe.
But, yeah it can be done.
Also, make sure to have an original valid back up/dump saved somewhere just in case.
09-14-2013, 04:36 AM #10
Cesei
Banned
I would say more, because all switch down (restore process) take at least 10 mins. And 5-7 minutes to install Rogero.
So maybe about 20 min to be safe.
But, yeah it can be done.
Also, make sure to have an original valid back up/dump saved somewhere just in case.

Ok thanks for the help. Any good websites do u know where I can store spare dumps?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo