Post: Copy patch_mp.ff from usb to ps3 via awesome file manager
09-28-2010, 10:18 PM #1
dansbmx
BAY AREA*925*STUNTIN
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); For those who didnt know now you dont have to FTP your fast files to your ps3.
-Put patch_mp.ff on your normal flashdrive and You must login or register to view this content.0.05b.
-Jailbreak PS3 however you do and install the package awesome file manager and load it up.
-On the left side navigate to your usb device and get your patch_mp.ff showing, on the rightside navigate to the usrdir of mw2 where your patch_mp.ff is and delete patch_mp.ff from there.
-Go back to the left side and press select to enter advanced mode and then press circle to copy hit yes and your good to go.

Advantages: you can make a folder on your flashdrive and store all your patches in it and just select what patch you want to use on the fly no more busting out the ftp server everytime you want to play on mods. You can also use Awesome file manager to create a directory(folder) on your PS3's HDD and store your patches in that and then you wont need a flash drive either. Can't wait for a custom FW!!!!!!!
May not work with data transfers need to do some testing.
Last edited by dansbmx ; 09-30-2010 at 09:14 PM.

The following 11 users say thank you to dansbmx for this useful post:

Assassin, Devz-x, Dreamcather, ExceptionHell, ipodtouch44, iTzCottonEyeJoe, Mr. Wood, Nolzad0, SavageRising, Swifter, UMD
10-09-2010, 08:46 AM #47
Could you make a video tut please mate =D
01-17-2011, 12:38 AM #48
Default Avatar
aaronrd
can some plss tell me or mke a tutorial on how to delete da mw2 patches i upload in first place wen u first install da 3.55 cfw? i juss wondered if i delete da patch frm both sides of the list onthe file manager seen as doe theres 2 sides with da same options...... <<< if u kno what im trying to say :s lool
01-17-2011, 02:29 AM #49
Thanks but I been did this lol..
01-17-2011, 08:01 AM #50
i!i
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by St0rM View Post
Then why did you put it in your post?

a custom firmware will never go online I promise you.

Hahaha fail!
01-21-2011, 09:40 PM #51
acrholo
Save Point
Originally posted by St0rM View Post
Then why did you put it in your post?

a custom firmware will never go online I promise you.

It lets you online.
02-04-2011, 07:56 AM #52
Originally posted by x
Good Tut but, you should add that it is only for the firmware 3.41 Smile

I use the multiman on cfw 3.55, works a charm.. FTP takes to long, I found that the awsome filemanager copied the files perfect until i tried to read them on my pc, just displayed an empty folder..
02-04-2011, 08:16 AM #53
pcfreak30
>> PCFreak30.com Happy<<
Actually dude FTP is ALOT easier and faster. You DO know you can do w/e you want in your ps3 hdd. As long as you don't delete required game files, your fine. Just create folders on your pc. Then just ftp them over to ur ps3. It saves like 2 minutes of work, and in 2 minutes you could test x more code Smile.

ATM I am using openps3ftp and it is SUPER fast...

EDIT: Don't use multiMAN. Its ftp server is half-baked. Half of the ftp commands like rename it doesn't support and i recently kept getting a not mounted error even though the file manager was fine. Use OpenPS3FTP
02-04-2011, 02:02 PM #54
ps3mass
BlueBerryBreeze
I apologize, I wasn't sure where to post this and I could not create a thread yet. Here's my question:
I have a 3.41, 3.55 and 3.56. I sent my 3.55 to a guy that put several patches on it by using the method of ps3 export savedate I believe it that order. So everytime I want to switch patches I would just go to restore and usb would pop up and I would pick the patch. These patches are in .dat format.....I have tons of patches but only in the standard patch_mp.ff format. The question is...does anyone no the method he used to first get all of those patches saved on the 3.41 and how to then be able to do the same or similiar method on another ps3. I am familiar with data transfer, but i'm not sure how he saved all those patches or how or even where on the ps3 to do this. If you do know the steps please provide very detailed steps or a video tutorial. Once I see it I will know how to do it. I have searched many sites but still cannot find exactly this method i'm looking for. So basically to sum it up: I'm trying to transfer many patches from already jailbroken 3.41 ps3 to another ps3 of higher firmware. With this method I don't believe it matters what the other unjailbroken ps3's firmware is. Thank you for any help!!Also so I don't post a million replys....can anyone tell me what the best pkg's for a 3.41 are: and also if their is anytype of bypass to get on psn. I've tried the 3.55 dns but does not work for the 3.41Sorry for the long message
02-04-2011, 08:16 PM #55
Bacatran
Save Point
Is there anyway I can use the awesome file maneger after the 3.56 update?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo