Post: I don't see a point to prestiging more than once. Do you?
01-10-2012, 10:10 PM #1
Solo
Rookie
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Here's my long expansive post where I debate some pros and cons of prestiging from my point of view.

I prestiged once and am level 80. I don't think I'll be doing it again. How are people already 10th? I see people in lobbies that are in the top 100 in the world. I mean I'm in the top 50,000 with 2 days of play time. If I don't play for a week, I drop 20,000 ranks. So how do these people have time to play everyday for hours on end?

I'll say 50% of high prestigers camp so hard in games. I mean, is that the way? That doesn't take skill. So does that mean prestige ≠ skill? If so, what's the point? I am always in the top 3 in the lobby, routinely getting 3,000+ points in Kill Confirmed.

I see both sides of the argument. Here are the points I am debating.

-You get a cool symbol.
I like the symbols, but frankly it doesn't matter to me. The only cool ones are above 5, and to me that's a waste of time. Could be different for you, I have better things to do. I already established that prestige ≠ skill. What you do in a game and your stats = skill. Prestiging gives neither.

-You get exclusive titles and emblems.
I do like the prestige packs, but they're not worth prestiging to get. The spinning skull doesn't even spin. I did buy the first pack which gave me the COD4 10th emblem, my favorite one. If you prestige once, you can get all those gold killstreak titles and emblems. You can get any of the Prestige Challenges completed.

-5 custom classes isn't enough.
I think it's definitely isn't enough. I can't think of any other guns I'd want to use. Currently, I have these classes:

Type 95 Rapid Fire and RDS. I go tryhard with this class.
Striker Extended Mags and Damage proficiency. I'm the person you all hate with this.
ACR Silenced with Impact. It's the perfect all around gun. It gets me high killstreaks.
MP7 Rapid Fire. This is my run-n-gun class. I use it when I rush.
MSR Heartbeat. This is my quickscope and sniping class.

I use all my favorite guns and don't need any others. I have 2 gold and the others are all above level 20. I have a level 10 Five Seven Extended Mags on all my classes. (A dream with my Evil Controller)

-I don't want to have to keep unlocking everything again. I don't want to have to use tokens to use my favorite guns. I don't want to use tokens to get my favorite perks. I don't want to have to keep doing the challenges to make them pro.

-The last point is that "It isn't fun staying the same level."
I think it's fun playing with all my gold guns and pro perks. I like getting high killstreaks, I'm working on my 500 & 1,000 AC130 kills.

Tl;dr I think prestiging is lame. I'll be staying at 1st level 80. What are your thoughts on prestiging?

The following user thanked Solo for this useful post:

xSOADx

The following 3 users groaned at Solo for this awful post:

Cubs, Friday15, MagesticTiger
01-10-2012, 11:08 PM #11
sunce99
League Champion
If i stayed on level 80 no prestige i will get bored cus all the xp i get are going to waste why waste it if i can use it to hit the next level 80 ?
01-11-2012, 02:00 AM #12
sendastunt
Trophy Hunter
I like prestiging because you get cool emblems, and I dont like the fact that when you're at level 80, you're gaining XP for nothing

The following user thanked sendastunt for this useful post:

Adidascool
01-11-2012, 02:10 AM #13
Assassin
Easter Egg!
Staying at rank 80 is boring for me, you get better emblems at higher prestiges plus it makes the game less boring going back to rank 1 and starting up again (for me anyway)

The following 2 users say thank you to Assassin for this useful post:

Hadenkin, sendastunt
01-11-2012, 02:21 AM #14
I prestige because I just want to say I'm 10th prestiges bitches but I'm 6th so far and I'm bored already.
MW3 has a ugly 10th prestige icon too, 8th is clearly the nicest. MW, MW2 and Blops all had IMO the best icons for 10th.
Last edited by Awayze ; 01-11-2012 at 02:23 AM.
01-11-2012, 05:59 AM #15
ReeSeR
Gym leader
I prestige mainly for the attention that I get.
I find it hilarious when I go into a lobby and people back out because they see a 10th prestiger (me) on the other team.
Or if i'm on their team they think we'll automatically win.
I also like getting extra classes and unlocking the prestige challenges.
I think the game would get boring just staying at level 80 no prestige.

I'm already 10th prestige, so it's not like I wasted the entire year getting there.
I got there pretty fast so I don't really feel like I'm missing out on anything.
01-11-2012, 06:39 AM #16
Grumpfy
cameltóe, french much?
Not more than once if you already have 4 tokens from other CODs, 10 custom classes is a must for me Smile
01-11-2012, 07:24 AM #17
i prestige because gettin exp for no reason is damn dumb, HAI I GOT 10K EXP CHALLENGE ohwait i dun need deh eeeeexxxpp
01-11-2012, 07:47 AM #18
The Clipse
Dame Los Nuggets Plz
Originally posted by Sexy
Here's my long expansive post where I debate some pros and cons of prestiging from my point of view.

I prestiged once and am level 80. I don't think I'll be doing it again. How are people already 10th? I see people in lobbies that are in the top 100 in the world. I mean I'm in the top 50,000 with 2 days of play time. If I don't play for a week, I drop 20,000 ranks. So how do these people have time to play everyday for hours on end?

I'll say 50% of high prestigers camp so hard in games. I mean, is that the way? That doesn't take skill. So does that mean prestige ≠ skill? If so, what's the point? I am always in the top 3 in the lobby, routinely getting 3,000+ points in Kill Confirmed.

I see both sides of the argument. Here are the points I am debating.

-You get a cool symbol.
I like the symbols, but frankly it doesn't matter to me. The only cool ones are above 5, and to me that's a waste of time. Could be different for you, I have better things to do. I already established that prestige ≠ skill. What you do in a game and your stats = skill. Prestiging gives neither.

-You get exclusive titles and emblems.
I do like the prestige packs, but they're not worth prestiging to get. The spinning skull doesn't even spin. I did buy the first pack which gave me the COD4 10th emblem, my favorite one. If you prestige once, you can get all those gold killstreak titles and emblems. You can get any of the Prestige Challenges completed.

-5 custom classes isn't enough.
I think it's definitely isn't enough. I can't think of any other guns I'd want to use. Currently, I have these classes:

Type 95 Rapid Fire and RDS. I go tryhard with this class.
Striker Extended Mags and Damage proficiency. I'm the person you all hate with this.
ACR Silenced with Impact. It's the perfect all around gun. It gets me high killstreaks.
MP7 Rapid Fire. This is my run-n-gun class. I use it when I rush.
MSR Heartbeat. This is my quickscope and sniping class.

I use all my favorite guns and don't need any others. I have 2 gold and the others are all above level 20. I have a level 10 Five Seven Extended Mags on all my classes. (A dream with my Evil Controller)

-I don't want to have to keep unlocking everything again. I don't want to have to use tokens to use my favorite guns. I don't want to use tokens to get my favorite perks. I don't want to have to keep doing the challenges to make them pro.

-The last point is that "It isn't fun staying the same level."
I think it's fun playing with all my gold guns and pro perks. I like getting high killstreaks, I'm working on my 500 & 1,000 AC130 kills.

Tl;dr I think prestiging is lame. I'll be staying at 1st level 80. What are your thoughts on prestiging?

Good points you got :y:
I think I do it just to brag, because i don't really like the look of 10th in Mw3 haha
01-11-2012, 07:47 AM #19
glitchplz
Samurai Poster
if you think prestiging is bad I want to know what you think of some of my friends who went to tenth reset stats and are prestiging again (one is back to fifth).

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo