Post: I don't see a point to prestiging more than once. Do you?
01-10-2012, 10:10 PM #1
Solo
Rookie
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Here's my long expansive post where I debate some pros and cons of prestiging from my point of view.

I prestiged once and am level 80. I don't think I'll be doing it again. How are people already 10th? I see people in lobbies that are in the top 100 in the world. I mean I'm in the top 50,000 with 2 days of play time. If I don't play for a week, I drop 20,000 ranks. So how do these people have time to play everyday for hours on end?

I'll say 50% of high prestigers camp so hard in games. I mean, is that the way? That doesn't take skill. So does that mean prestige ≠ skill? If so, what's the point? I am always in the top 3 in the lobby, routinely getting 3,000+ points in Kill Confirmed.

I see both sides of the argument. Here are the points I am debating.

-You get a cool symbol.
I like the symbols, but frankly it doesn't matter to me. The only cool ones are above 5, and to me that's a waste of time. Could be different for you, I have better things to do. I already established that prestige ≠ skill. What you do in a game and your stats = skill. Prestiging gives neither.

-You get exclusive titles and emblems.
I do like the prestige packs, but they're not worth prestiging to get. The spinning skull doesn't even spin. I did buy the first pack which gave me the COD4 10th emblem, my favorite one. If you prestige once, you can get all those gold killstreak titles and emblems. You can get any of the Prestige Challenges completed.

-5 custom classes isn't enough.
I think it's definitely isn't enough. I can't think of any other guns I'd want to use. Currently, I have these classes:

Type 95 Rapid Fire and RDS. I go tryhard with this class.
Striker Extended Mags and Damage proficiency. I'm the person you all hate with this.
ACR Silenced with Impact. It's the perfect all around gun. It gets me high killstreaks.
MP7 Rapid Fire. This is my run-n-gun class. I use it when I rush.
MSR Heartbeat. This is my quickscope and sniping class.

I use all my favorite guns and don't need any others. I have 2 gold and the others are all above level 20. I have a level 10 Five Seven Extended Mags on all my classes. (A dream with my Evil Controller)

-I don't want to have to keep unlocking everything again. I don't want to have to use tokens to use my favorite guns. I don't want to use tokens to get my favorite perks. I don't want to have to keep doing the challenges to make them pro.

-The last point is that "It isn't fun staying the same level."
I think it's fun playing with all my gold guns and pro perks. I like getting high killstreaks, I'm working on my 500 & 1,000 AC130 kills.

Tl;dr I think prestiging is lame. I'll be staying at 1st level 80. What are your thoughts on prestiging?

The following user thanked Solo for this useful post:

xSOADx

The following 3 users groaned at Solo for this awful post:

Cubs, Friday15, MagesticTiger
01-11-2012, 08:54 PM #38
Press ►
am r supr fgt
I do it because I consider it like a competition. Like a race to 10th between my friends.
01-11-2012, 08:54 PM #39
ryz999
Gym leader
In Black Ops, I did it once and didn't after that and i'll probably do the same with MW3. I don't mind doing it all again once, maybe twice, but not 10 times.
01-11-2012, 11:01 PM #40
pro61904
I am error
Actually, common sense would tell you a higher prestige has much more EXPERIENCE in the maps so therefore making them a better player.

When I see a really good no prestige guy, I assume its his 2nd account.....Forget titles & emblems and extra classes, when youre of higher prestige, the unwritten CoD code states you are more likely to win & get 1 of the highest K/D ratio in the lobby.
01-11-2012, 11:11 PM #41
I'm level 80 no Prestige and I am going to stay that way. I have a lot of Golden guns, and I am still unlock some.
I think Prestige 1 would give me the use of another token and the new challenges, however at my current state, it isn't worth it to me to get all the Golden guns again.
Golden M4AI, SCAR-L, CM901, TYPE 95, G36C, MK14, MP5, PP90M1, P90, MP7, MG36, L118A, RSASS
Going for: ACR 6.8, AK-47, FAD, UMP45, AS50, Barrett .50cal, MSR, and maybe LSW L86
01-11-2012, 11:17 PM #42
Hadenkin
< ^ > < ^ >
I just prestige because I like the challenge the game 'gives' you of reaching 10th. Besides, I like to get the max out of everything, I'm sort of a completioner (I sincerely don't know how to describe it/say it, lol). I believe being 10th will just give me the 'peace' of being maximum prestige, and I can focus now on getting all challenges and guns and perks, etc to the max.
01-11-2012, 11:28 PM #43
I prestige because it keeps the game interesting, trying out new guns and such. Also, just because you camp doesn't mean your a noob.. I camp all the time. Camping and kill whoring are two different things. I camp in one spot protecting a flag in domination. So yes prestige =/= skill and You can't know for a fact that 50% of 10 prestige players are hard core campers.. Maybe there just better then you at the game?
01-12-2012, 12:23 AM #44
Jakob
[move]Enzo[/move]
Originally posted by Sexy
Boosting is gay and rapid fire is fun! Especially on my Type 95 and Striker.

No, you're gay. :carling:
01-12-2012, 01:08 AM #45
Originally posted by Sexy
Here's my long expansive post where I debate some pros and cons of prestiging from my point of view.

I prestiged once and am level 80. I don't think I'll be doing it again. How are people already 10th? I see people in lobbies that are in the top 100 in the world. I mean I'm in the top 50,000 with 2 days of play time. If I don't play for a week, I drop 20,000 ranks. So how do these people have time to play everyday for hours on end?

I'll say 50% of high prestigers camp so hard in games. I mean, is that the way? That doesn't take skill. So does that mean prestige ≠ skill? If so, what's the point? I am always in the top 3 in the lobby, routinely getting 3,000+ points in Kill Confirmed.

I see both sides of the argument. Here are the points I am debating.

-You get a cool symbol.
I like the symbols, but frankly it doesn't matter to me. The only cool ones are above 5, and to me that's a waste of time. Could be different for you, I have better things to do. I already established that prestige ≠ skill. What you do in a game and your stats = skill. Prestiging gives neither.

-You get exclusive titles and emblems.
I do like the prestige packs, but they're not worth prestiging to get. The spinning skull doesn't even spin. I did buy the first pack which gave me the COD4 10th emblem, my favorite one. If you prestige once, you can get all those gold killstreak titles and emblems. You can get any of the Prestige Challenges completed.

-5 custom classes isn't enough.
I think it's definitely isn't enough. I can't think of any other guns I'd want to use. Currently, I have these classes:

Type 95 Rapid Fire and RDS. I go tryhard with this class.
Striker Extended Mags and Damage proficiency. I'm the person you all hate with this.
ACR Silenced with Impact. It's the perfect all around gun. It gets me high killstreaks.
MP7 Rapid Fire. This is my run-n-gun class. I use it when I rush.
MSR Heartbeat. This is my quickscope and sniping class.

I use all my favorite guns and don't need any others. I have 2 gold and the others are all above level 20. I have a level 10 Five Seven Extended Mags on all my classes. (A dream with my Evil Controller)

-I don't want to have to keep unlocking everything again. I don't want to have to use tokens to use my favorite guns. I don't want to use tokens to get my favorite perks. I don't want to have to keep doing the challenges to make them pro.

-The last point is that "It isn't fun staying the same level."
I think it's fun playing with all my gold guns and pro perks. I like getting high killstreaks, I'm working on my 500 & 1,000 AC130 kills.

Tl;dr I think prestiging is lame. I'll be staying at 1st level 80. What are your thoughts on prestiging?

I hate prestiging but i do it every time to me there is no fun staying at level 80 when the only thing you can earn is gold guns i like ranking up myself
01-12-2012, 01:13 AM #46
BigBlackClocks
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by lZombieGodl View Post
the main reason people prestige in my opinion is because if they go in a game and they're 10th prestige, people Always think there good.
funny because most 10th prestigers have a KD under 2. which isnt too great.

I remember when I thought Kd matted, then I stopped playing public matches

#PubKidsTryHard

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo