06-30-2011, 09:18 PM #1
Default Avatar
x iJB x
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Xbox & PS3 Partnership with OnLive?
Source: You must login or register to view this content. // By: x iJailBreak x // 30/06/2011

OnLive, the cloud-based gaming service that doesaway with discs and downloads, has reportedly been in talks with Microsoft and Sony about a possible partnership in the future.

You must login or register to view this content.

A representative said the following:

Originally posted by another user
"There are OnLive guys chatting Sony and MS, but we'll see where it goes. But it would absolutely work, we're ready to work with everybody." "What people are realizing and waking up to is everything could be a console, why shouldn't you be able to take your game everywhere. I think the timing of this is perfect. When I joined the company I didn't think it was going to pan out this way."

So what can this mean for 360 and PS3 gamers? The ability for PS3 gamers to play with or against 360 gamers? Maybe. The possibilities, however, are endless.

The following 14 users say thank you to x iJB x for this useful post:

-Daemon-, .RAMBO, +Sfx Krush, BlogsterReviews, CRACKbomber, Dingus98, DrUnKeNmOnKeY, jakerad95, jay2nice000, Lowkey_, mman259, preditor-_-kiil, Sakata, ug bravo
07-04-2011, 04:45 PM #29
Assassin
Easter Egg!
that would be just epic. but sony probably wont do it because they know ps3 players dont want 11year old kids screaming down their mics when we own em. Winky Winky
07-04-2011, 05:49 PM #30
Personally I think this would be awesome! but, what would they do about hacking? would PSN users be able to be in "J-Tag" Lobbies?
07-04-2011, 06:22 PM #31
NormL
Owner of The REAL eXp LLC
i think what its saying is, that they may partner with onlive, but that doesnt mean you can play xbox players against ps3...it doesnt work like that, thats wayyyyyyy too much server coding and programming, 360 and ps3 are totally different systems...i like the concept of this though, it could be the start of something epic.
07-04-2011, 06:33 PM #32
i wouldnt mind paying £30 a year for ps3 , i have xbox too but its really bad
07-04-2011, 07:43 PM #33
sunce99
League Champion
it would be awesome ! Happy
07-04-2011, 07:57 PM #34
vrahn
Keeper
Say it isnt so Gasp Nooooooo Why sony why
07-24-2011, 09:39 AM #35
That would be amazing. The gaming world would be so much more peaceful...
07-24-2011, 09:48 AM #36
dont see it happening unless xbox makes their live free...if they both on same server and ps3 is free everyone will go to the ps3. still a lot to compromise i guess
07-24-2011, 10:13 AM #37
ARIISSEK
:nyan: Kaffy :nyan:
Originally posted by Kurenai
lol and no one read that you wouldnt need a system for this You must login or register to view this content.

You do need a system. You don't need DISCS. You stream the game.

---------- Post added at 06:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 AM ----------

Originally posted by NormL View Post
i think what its saying is, that they may partner with onlive, but that doesnt mean you can play xbox players against ps3...it doesnt work like that, thats wayyyyyyy too much server coding and programming, 360 and ps3 are totally different systems...i like the concept of this though, it could be the start of something epic.

Cross platform chat actually isn't that difficult, it's done with games like FFXI and (possibly?) FFXIV & Phantasy Star universe. Yes they are MMO's but the principle is the same and it works the same way.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo