06-30-2011, 09:18 PM #1
Default Avatar
x iJB x
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Xbox & PS3 Partnership with OnLive?
Source: You must login or register to view this content. // By: x iJailBreak x // 30/06/2011

OnLive, the cloud-based gaming service that doesaway with discs and downloads, has reportedly been in talks with Microsoft and Sony about a possible partnership in the future.

You must login or register to view this content.

A representative said the following:

Originally posted by another user
"There are OnLive guys chatting Sony and MS, but we'll see where it goes. But it would absolutely work, we're ready to work with everybody." "What people are realizing and waking up to is everything could be a console, why shouldn't you be able to take your game everywhere. I think the timing of this is perfect. When I joined the company I didn't think it was going to pan out this way."

So what can this mean for 360 and PS3 gamers? The ability for PS3 gamers to play with or against 360 gamers? Maybe. The possibilities, however, are endless.

The following 14 users say thank you to x iJB x for this useful post:

-Daemon-, .RAMBO, +Sfx Krush, BlogsterReviews, CRACKbomber, Dingus98, DrUnKeNmOnKeY, jakerad95, jay2nice000, Lowkey_, mman259, preditor-_-kiil, Sakata, ug bravo
07-24-2011, 01:11 PM #38
DrUnKeNmOnKeY
Can’t trickshot me!
this would be pretty cool but i guess ps3 users would have to start paying aswell?
07-24-2011, 03:57 PM #39
Como's Hoe #1
Do a barrel roll!
i doubt they would but if they did i would finish ps3 lol and get a life Enzo
07-24-2011, 04:52 PM #40
MUS1C
Keeper
Who cares if you would have to pay for live it would be ****in' mazing if they would put Xbox 360 and PS3 together,
07-24-2011, 05:19 PM #41
DC12X
S.P.E.C.I.A.L
OnLive is the future of gaming in reality. The games are streamed directly from the server's, and if streaming to a PC, it could be as weak as possible, only the ability to play Adobe Flash is needed. The partnership talk is probably due to the opportunity presented from the amount of money to provide the games. It would be smart on both of their parts, but OnLive needs to be far more publicized. The idea is absolutely ingenious.
07-24-2011, 05:54 PM #42
it would be great as the gamibg communitity would become closer:y:
07-24-2011, 05:56 PM #43
Please happen, this would be lovely. :y:
07-24-2011, 08:52 PM #44
Originally posted by Bromulawsom
You do need a system. You don't need DISCS. You stream the game.

---------- Post added at 06:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 AM ----------

Cross platform chat actually isn't that difficult, it's done with games like FFXI and (possibly?) FFXIV & Phantasy Star universe. Yes they are MMO's but the principle is the same and it works the same way.
actually they wanted to stream it all through your tv but they are not exactly there yet on tech it wont be for another 3 4 years the idea was to get rid of gaming systems or try to at least to focus on readily accessible games for users its just a new idea came up within last two years

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo