10-18-2014, 09:02 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Long-time lurker here. I decided to join after reading the whole Red-EyeX32 Save Decryption thread. It was made pretty clear to anyone who understands simple psychology that the user "Sinister"(however his username is actually spelled) simply has a hard-on for modding being limited to CFW users. He uses the "I just don't want GT6 to be ruined" guise, when in reality he just likes being part of the special club. A simple look through his other posts will show the contradiction and hypocrisy.

Do you really think PD would act any differently if a bunch of OFW users were unleashed? They are already fully aware that CFW users exist. They plan fixes once they hear about a potential THREAT. That THREAT is already long since been around.

LOL @ advising someone to release a tool after the game is dead. Logic?

In that case, Red-EyeX32, it would be awesome if you could release a Save Editor for Paper Boy on NES.

Thanks in advance.

The following 2 users say thank you to videogamest for this useful post:

BrianBlaze, zibibz

The following 3 users groaned at videogamest for this awful post:

Obris, ohTrashy, Restrain
10-19-2014, 07:36 PM #11
The reason I haven't jailbroken my console is because I don't play the Playstation platform for anything other than Gran Turismo. I'd rather just wait for someone else to come out with a save editor like they always do. You asking me why I haven't jailbroken my console is like someone asking you why you didn't make GT6HE instead of waiting for Farside to do it. We all expect someone else to put in the work for the community regardless of if we're OFW or CFW. Time to stop acting like an elitist because you payed some neckbeard from craigslist $50 to flash your console. It's not anything top-secret.

With that said, I guess if it comes out, it comes out. If not... big deal. I just felt like spending 59 seconds posting a reply to that thread. See you all on GT7 in a year. I can't wait to see how awesome PS2-era standard cars will look on a PS4.

Toodles!

The following user thanked videogamest for this useful post:

BrianBlaze
10-19-2014, 08:41 PM #12
FarSideX
I’m too L33T
What is with people thinking the type of firmware on a PS3 is somehow genetically linked to the owner? Someone explain this to me please. The argument against an OFW editor is not against NGU members having it but rather than a small percentage of users hybriding online, 100% of users will be able to. Personally I don't care as the sooner it happens the sooner it will get patched for OFW. After that I can just patch the eboot so it will not only be back to CFW only, OFW users won't be able to use saves made by others at all, unlike now.

Originally posted by zibibz View Post
why to write a Post where claiming the decryption of the game and to "expect an Editor for OFW" and later retire what said for the fear that some tards could ruin the online gaming?

Why? Because people have been trying for months and you are proud of your accomplishment. Not only leeches read these forums, did you know that?
I don't remember Red-Eye ever saying he was going to make an editor, just a lot of people assuming he was going to.

And by the way I think that thread got closed because of people bitching that there shouldn't be anything posted unless it was to give them something. How would you feel if a bunch of greedy kids where saying to you 'Give it to me now or shut the fuck up' like the OFW users did to Red-Eye. You have no one to blame except for the OFW users for that one.

Here the point as Videogamest said, it's about a certain hypocrisy of some people where they trying to Mask the real thing:

- They wanna be the only ones that can have the exclusive to mod just because they could afford the mod.

or

- They didn't decrypt it, just trolled about.

'afford the mod' ???? You know CFW is free don't you? If you couldn't afford free or were too much of a pussy to put CFW on your PS3 when you could that is your own fault, quit bitching about your own mistakes.

The save was decrypted, not only that all the proof you should need was also posted to these forums.

There is a big difference between decrypting a save and having and save editor. Once decrypted then the work to find all the data locations in the save just begins. After that the code needs to written (my tool has over 7,000 lines of code) and that takes some time along with debugging time.

As far as releasing the decrypt method, would you spend months of your time just to give it away so some one else gets credit when they make a save editor? Rather than wait you guys decided it was best to burn your only bridge to getting a save editor by hounding him for posting some news without giving it to you right away. You guys are the one's to blame, not those with CFW.

The following user thanked FarSideX for this useful post:

PinKPanther1020
10-19-2014, 08:52 PM #13
Ok, I see your point but afterall what we meant it's... why to write a Post where claiming the decryption of the game and to "expect an Editor for OFW" and later retire what said for the fear that some tards could ruin the online gaming? I mean also with the GTHEditor using a JB console everyone can mod and destroy the online Gaming too (and probably sooner will happen...it could been happened already too in online seasons..). So it's a silly Excuse. Here the point as Videogamest said, it's about a certain hypocrisy of some people where they trying to Mask the real thing:

- They wanna be the only ones that can have the exclusive to mod just because they could afford the mod.

or

- They didn't decrypt it, just trolled about.

In the end no matter what will happen, if a Fix come from PD, the screwed ones will be just the OFW. CFW can do whatever they want. An OFW at least can play offline making his own "builds", that's the purpose.

I never said "Expect an editor soon" quit making shit up, if you can actually read it never said anything about any editor whatsoever. You also keep saying to give you the decryption keys when that's nothing to do with the game save files. It not just keys it's a custom algorithm, and no I'm not going to give it to NO ONE! I'm not going to give my code out to someone that I had worked on for nearly 9 months. I spent too much of my time on it. If you really want it so bad, go research it yourself, instead of insisting me to give you my CODE!

It is hard to explain to someone that clearly don't understand anything about coding. You have a head as hard as a rock, just like Patrick Star!
10-19-2014, 09:43 PM #14
zibibz
Keeper
Originally posted by FarSideX View Post
What is with people thinking the type of firmware on a PS3 is somehow genetically linked to the owner? Someone explain this to me please. The argument against an OFW editor is not against NGU members having it but rather than a small percentage of users hybriding online, 100% of users will be able to. Personally I don't care as the sooner it happens the sooner it will get patched for OFW. After that I can just patch the eboot so it will not only be back to CFW only, OFW users won't be able to use saves made by others at all, unlike now.

Why? Because people have been trying for months and you are proud of your accomplishment. Not only leeches read these forums, did you know that?
I don't remember Red-Eye ever saying he was going to make an editor, just a lot of people assuming he was going to.

And by the way I think that thread got closed because of people bitching that there shouldn't be anything posted unless it was to give them something. How would you feel if a bunch of greedy kids where saying to you 'Give it to me now or shut the fuck up' like the OFW users did to Red-Eye. You have no one to blame except for the OFW users for that one.

'afford the mod' ???? You know CFW is free don't you? If you couldn't afford free or were too much of a pussy to put CFW on your PS3 when you could that is your own fault, quit bitching about your own mistakes.

The save was decrypted, not only that all the proof you should need was also posted to these forums.

There is a big difference between decrypting a save and having and save editor. Once decrypted then the work to find all the data locations in the save just begins. After that the code needs to written (my tool has over 7,000 lines of code) and that takes some time along with debugging time.

As far as releasing the decrypt method, would you spend months of your time just to give it away so some one else gets credit when they make a save editor? Rather than wait you guys decided it was best to burn your only bridge to getting a save editor by hounding him for posting some news without giving it to you right away. You guys are the one's to blame, not those with CFW.

The mod I intend the way to Jailbreak the console, it has a cost that maybe not all can afford, About Red he wrote that in a Post that I rember, but I don't care the Editor, me as few others could be happy to just have the Keys to decrypt it and nothing else.No ones blamed about it, just saw something like trolling of the found of a solution for OFW and later closed it up. The tread was closed due people request because became useless since was clear that weren't any interest to share the Info about the new discovered things claimed. People here maybe will think as I got as for an example someone said: " I have the cure for the cancer! But.. no ... II won't relase it because I have fear that everyone can be cured". That's what maybe it's to be blamed for, giving an hope to someone and then stealing it; of course at least for me, that was a bad joke. But it's ok, we moving on about it; people will Jailbreak the console and it's done, but don't tell me "no I won't relase it because eveyone will mess the online" because that is already happening around with the CFW users.

PS. You must login or register to view this content.

He wrote " Expect something in the future Winky Winky " That let understand about an Editor, I think everyone understood it so. It is just below the Pic posted of the possible decryption.
Last edited by zibibz ; 10-19-2014 at 10:25 PM.

The following user thanked zibibz for this useful post:

BrianBlaze
10-19-2014, 10:03 PM #15
zibibz
Keeper
Originally posted by EyeX32 View Post
I never said "Expect an editor soon" quit making shit up, if you can actually read it never said anything about any editor whatsoever. You also keep saying to give you the decryption keys when that's nothing to do with the game save files. It not just keys it's a custom algorithm, and no I'm not going to give it to NO ONE! I'm not going to give my code out to someone that I had worked on for nearly 9 months. I spent too much of my time on it. If you really want it so bad, go research it yourself, instead of insisting me to give you my CODE!

It's ok, we thought that was a community where people help eachothers and share, or well maybe just me and few ones understood it int his way; You are right, you found it and that you got it for first one will have all our gratefull and +respect from the forum and "Web hacking community"; what did you expected about people reaction when you said "gt6 it's been decrypted?". I answer to you, you gave some hopes to OFW that didn't need to JAilbreak the console buing an E3Flasher or else to downgrade etc. This is the reason why people are arguing maybe, that's why sometimes spawning posts about it. You could give a big contribute to the community and your best reward it's "the name" for what you can do here I guess and all the +rep/respect you gain for it if you share what you found; You could also build a web page where people can donate to you for the work that you are done and/or will in the future.

It is hard to explain to someone that clearly don't understand anything about coding. You have a head as hard as a rock, just like Patrick Star!

Lol dunno who is Patrick Star but it sound funny, I'm not here to show my knowledge or else, neither to start a war or offend, just as videogamest said, pointing to some unfair reaction that someone had about CFW and OFW, but you know, will be nice to talk about these things too as general discussion in the posts and to make to who don't know of it apprecciate better the work made in background. Sharing an Idea as something discovered, orgiving advices, work togethar to reach a same goal, it just make to grow up the knowledge of everyone and in this way with time people can give back their contribute too.

PS. You must login or register to view this content.

you wrote " Expect something in the future Winky Winky " That let understand about an Editor, I think everyone understod it so. It is just below the Pic posted of the possible decryption. And when someone said "no no the online will be a mess, but hey you can JB your console and then you can "enter in the mighty JB Clan and mod as much you want" That's the reason of why someone pissed off, what did you expect? hehe
Last edited by zibibz ; 10-19-2014 at 10:30 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to zibibz for this useful post:

BrianBlaze, csgui
10-19-2014, 10:43 PM #16
zibibz
Keeper
Anyway guys, we can keep to talk about it to the infinite, I see that it's just useless to open eachtime a post about it too; it's always all up to someone that can do something good for many and recieve greatfull, respect and honour back from everyone for his contribute because he "could" as for GT5 (had the time,no sons around, no whife,the patient, the knowledge,etc. I'm sure there are many lazy ones out there that could do it too hehe) and because this is just the sense of a "community"; the word say it all. I invite people to tell soemthing costructive, to share their idea, collaborate, work togethar, things that can help eachother to reach a common goal/solution, and in the end to have fun all togethar too than just to play like "I'm a God and you are nothing"; and that said It's talking in general, not pointing to a particular topic or to someone in specific. Tnx for the hard job to the ones that share their works and giving their contribute, sharing their knowledge, helping people witht the saves etc; I ammire what they doing, my max respect for it; but because the discussion bring to nothing of new or usefull for everyone, the thread can be closed as the other one imho.
Last edited by zibibz ; 10-19-2014 at 11:15 PM.
10-20-2014, 11:15 AM #17
Expect something soon =/= Expect an editor soon.

Just saying. It's not because the save is decrypted that it means an editor will be made.

And to be honest i hope it'll never happen.

The following user thanked PinKPanther1020 for this useful post:

SiNiST3R
10-21-2014, 05:46 AM #18
All I care about is a OFW money tool.
10-21-2014, 08:34 AM #19
Originally posted by PinKPanther1020 View Post
Expect something soon =/= Expect an editor soon.

Just saying. It's not because the save is decrypted that it means an editor will be made.

And to be honest i hope it'll never happen.

this is sure, but what is the interest to say he decrypt the save and say to expect something in the future, and then say hé don't want to release it? had nothing to say in this case that would avoid conflict.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo