10-18-2014, 09:02 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Long-time lurker here. I decided to join after reading the whole Red-EyeX32 Save Decryption thread. It was made pretty clear to anyone who understands simple psychology that the user "Sinister"(however his username is actually spelled) simply has a hard-on for modding being limited to CFW users. He uses the "I just don't want GT6 to be ruined" guise, when in reality he just likes being part of the special club. A simple look through his other posts will show the contradiction and hypocrisy.

Do you really think PD would act any differently if a bunch of OFW users were unleashed? They are already fully aware that CFW users exist. They plan fixes once they hear about a potential THREAT. That THREAT is already long since been around.

LOL @ advising someone to release a tool after the game is dead. Logic?

In that case, Red-EyeX32, it would be awesome if you could release a Save Editor for Paper Boy on NES.

Thanks in advance.

The following 2 users say thank you to videogamest for this useful post:

BrianBlaze, zibibz

The following 3 users groaned at videogamest for this awful post:

Obris, ohTrashy, Restrain
10-21-2014, 02:07 PM #20
Originally posted by Zeb06 View Post
this is sure, but what is the interest to say he decrypt the save and say to expect something in the future, and then say hé don't want to release it? had nothing to say in this case that would avoid conflict.

I don't really know what he meant by this, but i'm pretty sure it wasn't a garage editor. Maybe one of his save editor like on other games, the ones you use to gold everything and change money.
10-21-2014, 05:32 PM #21
pmkls1
Haxor!
I'm busting at the seams here so I gotta put in my 2 cents. I'm undoubtedly going to piss some people off, but I'm not being a smartass I'm just stating the facts..

First,
Originally posted by FarSideX
'afford the mod' ???? You know CFW is free don't you? If you couldn't afford free or were too much of a pussy to put CFW on your PS3 when you could that is your own fault, quit bitching about your own mistakes.

There are several reasons that a lot of us don't have a cfw console and it has nothing to do with being a pussy or making mistakes. Cfw may be free, but jailbreaking a console or buying one that already has been is not. Some people (myself included) have limited funds and far more important things to spend their money on than a modded gaming console. ALSO, some people might have a console that is not able to be downgraded leaving them with no other option than to buy a JB console, which again costs money. Not everyone that is stuck running OFW because they can't afford or don't have the knowledge to run cfw is a kid living in his mom's basement either. I've got a 3 year old daughter, a house payment, and REAL cars to mod so as much as I enjoy playing GT6 and want to play around with hybrids I have way more important things to spend my money on.

Second,
Originally posted by Red
I never said "Expect an editor soon" quit making shit up
Originally posted by Red
Sup guys,

I wanted to let you guys know that GT6 saves are successfully decrpyted.
Want proof?........................................... Expect something in the future Winky Winky

You never promised an editor per se, but you went out of your way to make a thread about decrypting the save and then pointedly said "expect something in the future". I'm obviously far from being the only person to interpret this as being a teaser implying that you were working on something such as a save editor or something the like. So when a bunch of people complain about having that dangled in front of them and then apparently taken away don't get defensive and accuse people of making shit up. It just adds to the impression that you were bragging on something that you couldn't or wouldn't deliver on. And as far as people taking the time to do the research themselves it is the same as the reason that not everyone has a JB console. A lot of people don't have the money to spend on a JB console nor do they have countless hours of spare time to decrypt saves and go through thousands of lines of code.

Finally,

CFW users are responsible in one way or another for countless people being banned every day so the thinking that releasing a save editor for OFW users is going to ruin the game is not only retarded but just a dick move in general.
Last edited by pmkls1 ; 10-21-2014 at 05:36 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to pmkls1 for this useful post:

BrianBlaze, Zeb06
10-21-2014, 06:31 PM #22
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
CFW is something that opens a few doors closed to OFW, let's you do stuff OFW can't. Hybriding ATM is one, it is what it is, getting mad at CFW guys because your on OFW won't help your case. Its not guys on CFW that blocked OFW hybriding, it was PD double encrypting the save game.
10-22-2014, 05:33 AM #23
FarSideX
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by pmkls1 View Post
I'm busting at the seams here so I gotta put in my 2 cents. I'm undoubtedly going to piss some people off, but I'm not being a smartass I'm just stating the facts..

First,

There are several reasons that a lot of us don't have a cfw console and it has nothing to do with being a pussy or making mistakes. Cfw may be free, but jailbreaking a console or buying one that already has been is not. Some people (myself included) have limited funds and far more important things to spend their money on than a modded gaming console. ALSO, some people might have a console that is not able to be downgraded leaving them with no other option than to buy a JB console, which again costs money. Not everyone that is stuck running OFW because they can't afford or don't have the knowledge to run cfw is a kid living in his mom's basement either. I've got a 3 year old daughter, a house payment, and REAL cars to mod so as much as I enjoy playing GT6 and want to play around with hybrids I have way more important things to spend my money on.

Whenever someone says 'I'm not being a smartass I'm just stating the facts..' what follows is usually a lot of misinformation.

You, like most others, do not have CFW by your own choosing. It has nothing to do with if you can afford it or not. What you may not be able to afford is to fix your own mistakes.

Jailbreaking a PS3 is free, that is what I had hoped people would have understood when I said CFW was free. But apparently you think otherwise. Lack of research is most likely why.

It is not and has never been a matter of cost when it comes to the choice of OFW or CFW. If it was CFW is more cost effective than OFW and is a major reason why some people go with CFW. The cost is only to fix your own mistakes and nothing else.

Jailbreaking a PS3 could be done with an USB cable and an iPod (if you didn't have an iPod there were other no cost methods, I used an iPod) as long as it on 3.55 or less. Now all you need is a USB drive.

So if you owned your PS3 before the 3.56 update and are on OFW you have no one to blame but yourself for making that choice.

If you purchased a PS3 after they started shipping with 3.56 and higher and wanted CFW it was your choice to educate yourself on how to downgrade it for free or not. Or if that was beyond your mental and/or physical abilities you could pay someone to do it for you. Cost has nothing to do with it. Most charge the price of a game or two to downgrade it and unless you only play Playstation Home you most likely have chosen to spend the money on a game or two rather than paying for a downgrade. Again your choice.

As for PS3s that can not be downgraded, I can go out today and purchase a factory refurbished PS3 at the game store, downgrade it and jailbreak it for less money than a new PS3 would cost me. This is true even if I pay someone to downgrade it for me. Once again, your choice was a new unit vs a CFW unit.

So if you have an OFW PS3 it is because you at some point chose to have OFW rather than CFW. If you want to mod games, you made the wrong choice, aka a mistake. So please stop bitching about your own mistakes, or how someone you don't even know won't fix your mistakes for you. ie: save editor. It had nothing to do with cost, CFW is more cost effective than OFW any way you look at it.

Even if it did cost more we all make a choice what to spend money on. You never see people who paid for a downgrade on here crying about that one time they didn't go to McDonalds because they spent the money on a downgrade. Just as you will never hear me bitching about missing a TV show because I spent that evening to jail break my own PS3. So why do we have to see you crying about your choices?

And by the way, my daughter is in High School, trust me the costs get higher. But that was my choice to keep her rather than give her to the circus.

Second,

You never promised an editor per se, but you went out of your way to make a thread about decrypting the save and then pointedly said "expect something in the future". I'm obviously far from being the only person to interpret this as being a teaser implying that you were working on something such as a save editor or something the like. So when a bunch of people complain about having that dangled in front of them and then apparently taken away don't get defensive and accuse people of making shit up. It just adds to the impression that you were bragging on something that you couldn't or wouldn't deliver on. And as far as people taking the time to do the research themselves it is the same as the reason that not everyone has a JB console. A lot of people don't have the money to spend on a JB console nor do they have countless hours of spare time to decrypt saves and go through thousands of lines of code.

Just because you read one thing and expected another does not justify blaming the person that wrote it. As far as I can tell the future means at a later point in time. If you read the thread where he posted that people were demanding that he give them something right now or shut the fuck up. How would you react if you were attacked like that?

Finally,

CFW users are responsible in one way or another for countless people being banned every day so the thinking that releasing a save editor for OFW users is going to ruin the game is not only retarded but just a dick move in general.

When did getting banned and ruining a game become the same thing?

I guess you just don't understand the argument between OFW vs CFW modding is based on almost 100% of users hacking vs a very small percentage. As I stated many times I personally I don't care if a save editor comes out or not, but at least I am not so retarded that I can't see their point of view or what the argument is about unlike some people. People saying one thing and you reading another seems to be the trend here.

And I don't think you pissed anyone off. I hope I didn't but some things are hard to express correctly in type.

The following user thanked FarSideX for this useful post:

SiNiST3R
10-22-2014, 03:21 PM #24
pmkls1
Haxor!
Let me start by saying that I was not and am not crying about being stuck on ofw and I'm not blaming anyone for the lack of an editor for ofw. I just wanted to speak from the perspective of an ofw user that DOES know the facts. I never said that I agreed with the OP 100% or any of the others that have posted in this thread either. Although I would like to have the ability to mod on ofw I believe that I can somehow manage to carry on with my life without it and I most likely will end up having my old console downgraded at some point.

Originally posted by FarSideX View Post
Whenever someone says 'I'm not being a smartass I'm just stating the facts..' what follows is usually a lot of misinformation.

You, like most others, do not have CFW by your own choosing. It has nothing to do with if you can afford it or not. What you may not be able to afford is to fix your own mistakes.

Jailbreaking a PS3 is free, that is what I had hoped people would have understood when I said CFW was free. But apparently you think otherwise. Lack of research is most likely why.

It is not and has never been a matter of cost when it comes to the choice of OFW or CFW. If it was CFW is more cost effective than OFW and is a major reason why some people go with CFW. The cost is only to fix your own mistakes and nothing else.

Jailbreaking a PS3 could be done with an USB cable and an iPod (if you didn't have an iPod there were other no cost methods, I used an iPod) as long as it on 3.55 or less. Now all you need is a USB drive.

So if you owned your PS3 before the 3.56 update and are on OFW you have no one to blame but yourself for making that choice.

If you purchased a PS3 after they started shipping with 3.56 and higher and wanted CFW it was your choice to educate yourself on how to downgrade it for free or not. Or if that was beyond your mental and/or physical abilities you could pay someone to do it for you. Cost has nothing to do with it. Most charge the price of a game or two to downgrade it and unless you only play Playstation Home you most likely have chosen to spend the money on a game or two rather than paying for a downgrade. Again your choice.

As for PS3s that can not be downgraded, I can go out today and purchase a factory refurbished PS3 at the game store, downgrade it and jailbreak it for less money than a new PS3 would cost me. This is true even if I pay someone to downgrade it for me. Once again, your choice was a new unit vs a CFW unit.

So if you have an OFW PS3 it is because you at some point chose to have OFW rather than CFW. If you want to mod games, you made the wrong choice, aka a mistake. So please stop bitching about your own mistakes, or how someone you don't even know won't fix your mistakes for you. ie: save editor. It had nothing to do with cost, CFW is more cost effective than OFW any way you look at it.

Even if it did cost more we all make a choice what to spend money on. You never see people who paid for a downgrade on here crying about that one time they didn't go to McDonalds because they spent the money on a downgrade. Just as you will never hear me bitching about missing a TV show because I spent that evening to jail break my own PS3. So why do we have to see you crying about your choices?

And by the way, my daughter is in High School, trust me the costs get higher. But that was my choice to keep her rather than give her to the circus.

I am fully aware of the process of jailbreaking a console and as I stated before I know that cfw is free, but downgrading to 3.55 first is not. So it is not entirely true to say that jailbreaking a console is free. There are at least a half dozen reasons I can think of that one might be stuck on ofw without having made a conscious decision to do so and that was my point to begin with. I'd list a few reasons, but quite frankly I don't want to waste the time and I don't think it would matter anyhow. I was and am simply trying to explain to you that there are more reasons to be stuck on ofw than you think. To say that I am not on ofw by my own choosing would be like me telling you that you aren't a billionaire by your own choosing. There is obviously some truth in that statement, but it is not as black and white as you make it sound.

Just because you read one thing and expected another does not justify blaming the person that wrote it. As far as I can tell the future means at a later point in time. If you read the thread where he posted that people were demanding that he give them something right now or shut the fuck up. How would you react if you were attacked like that?

I'm not blaming him for anything other than accusing people of making shit up after having made a highly suggestive statement. I mean, lets be real here, if I were to tell you that I discovered a way to make us all rich and then told you to expect something in the future and winked at you how would you interpret that ? In regards to anything else that was said in his thread, I really don't feel that it is of any consequence in this conversation.

When did getting banned and ruining a game become the same thing?

I guess you just don't understand the argument between OFW vs CFW modding is based on almost 100% of users hacking vs a very small percentage. As I stated many times I personally I don't care if a save editor comes out or not, but at least I am not so retarded that I can't see their point of view or what the argument is about unlike some people. People saying one thing and you reading another seems to be the trend here.

My point was that at eventually PD is going to get tired of banning what is most likely an increasing amount of members and release a patch as they have done in the past. This is just as likely to happen before a save editor is available for ofw as it is after. And if it happens before then you can't really blame it on ofw users. I understand your statement regarding the percentage of people hacking on cfw vs. ofw and I wasn't directing my statement at any one individual. But, I was addressing the widely shared opinion that ofw users will be responsible for ruining the game.

And I don't think you pissed anyone off. I hope I didn't but some things are hard to express correctly in type.

Despite what you may think I wasn't and I'm still not pissed off at anyone. I see a lot of valid points in your statements, but I felt that you weren't taking all factors into consideration in some of them. You can see by my post count that gaming in general isn't something that I am seriously invested in. It is simply a hobby for me and I don't take it as serious as a lot of people do. Just like somebody else that posted in this thread, GT6 is the only game I play on the PS3 and it is in fact the only game that I play at all. So, suffice it to say that I'm not going to get all worked up over a little debate. Having said that, in the relatively small amount of time that I do spent reading through some of these threads there are two people that stand out to me as relatively straight-forward no-nonsense guys and that is yourself and SiNiST3R. I may not agree with everything that either one of you says, but I respect your opinions and your knowledge. This is not something I take seriously enough to have a quarrel with anybody, but even still nothing you said would have offended me if I were more serious.
Last edited by pmkls1 ; 10-22-2014 at 03:25 PM.
10-23-2014, 10:14 PM #25
So wait are there instructions here how to downgrade my OFW to 3.55 so I can install CFW... Since that is what I understand must be done and have been searching around the internet but it seems to be all smoke and mirrors everywhere. I understand I am looking for this 3.55 update.pub file but I can't seem to find an honest site anywhere lol
Last edited by BrianBlaze ; 10-23-2014 at 10:26 PM.
10-23-2014, 11:07 PM #26
FarSideX
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by BrianBlaze View Post
So wait are there instructions here how to downgrade my OFW to 3.55 so I can install CFW... Since that is what I understand must be done and have been searching around the internet but it seems to be all smoke and mirrors everywhere. I understand I am looking for this 3.55 update.pub file but I can't seem to find an honest site anywhere lol

Yes you can, you will have to have access to a device to flash NAND/NOR memory. If you don't have one maybe one of your friends do or you could build your own or purchase one. Once you have that Google can tell you the rest. The cost people talk about is for the tool to do the actual reading and writing to the hardware. Owning one means you can always recover from bricking your PS3 along with doing the downgrade. Since I am an Electronics Engineer access is relatively easy for me.

The PS3 Dev Wiki is a good place to start looking if you want to learn how to do the downgrade yourself.

The following user thanked FarSideX for this useful post:

BrianBlaze
10-23-2014, 11:24 PM #27
I understand I need a hardware flasher. I need to solder for this? I can't use a regular flash drive? The dev wiki is for dev's so if I wanna do this I gotta get my engineering degree? I am a good googler but there is so much bs out here it is really hard to get through it all to what is real.

I guess what I am looking for is some clear instructions and clearly I am dreaming lol
Last edited by BrianBlaze ; 10-23-2014 at 11:31 PM.
10-24-2014, 02:51 AM #28
FarSideX
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by BrianBlaze View Post
I understand I need a hardware flasher. I need to solder for this? I can't use a regular flash drive? The dev wiki is for dev's so if I wanna do this I gotta get my engineering degree? I am a good googler but there is so much bs out here it is really hard to get through it all to what is real.

I guess what I am looking for is some clear instructions and clearly I am dreaming lol

LOL, no you don't need a degree. I only mentioned that to say I already have all that stuff. Smile If soldering bothers you, you can buy a E3 that includes a solderless install for about $80. This device is for PS3s only so it is not a general purpose flasher. I mentioned the Dev Wiki as far as I know it is a trusted site for information, I don't think they sell anything and the software you need is on that site. It may even be on NGU but I have never looked.
I suggest you read through the install instructions for that before going ahead in case it is something you are not too, lots of people find it looks too difficult.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo