Post: PS3 linux exploit! Read/write to ALL system memory!
03-08-2011, 12:20 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This exploit allows you to read/write to ALL system memory.. And soon we might find METLDR.

Things you'l need:

Exploit binnary that you'l need: You must login or register to view this content.
Linux on your PS3..
Some knowledge of linux..

Alright, once you have linux up and running, log in using the username you made while installing. Open up a terminal (Applications->Accessories->Terminal) type in sudo passwd
Then enter your current users password once, followed by your new one twice. You can now use your root account.

Now, type in su and then input your root password to gain root access. Your going to need to create a dir to put everything in, I suggest creating it in the root of the file system. To create the dir type in "mkdir /files" without the quotes. Now type in "chmod a+rw /files" This allows all users to have full read/write access.
Now type in "chown username:username /files" Username is your username. This gives you ownership.

Now you need to run the exploit software by uploading it via a USB device. Put it on your USB, and insert it into your USB slot on your PS3. It will automount for you, and bring an icon up on your desktop. Click the icon to open up the file browser, and choose "Open in new window" then select "file system" and then "files" now put the files from your USB into the "files" dir.

You can now run the software. Don't run it in the current terminal while in GUI. Run it from console mode. If you run it from the current terminal, your PS3 will become very slow, and won't respond, and you'l have to restart it.
Last edited by EnVy_AsTrO ; 03-08-2011 at 01:08 AM.

The following 2 users say thank you to EnVy_AsTrO for this useful post:

iMAGEi, NextGenDev
03-08-2011, 12:21 AM #2
wowaka
Former Staff
****ing awesome :y:
03-08-2011, 12:29 AM #3
Ares-NoLimit
HIGH ROLLA
Originally posted by AsTrO View Post
This exploit allows you to read/write to ALL system memory.. And soon we might find METLDR.

Things you'l need:

Exploit binnary that you'l need: You must login or register to view this content.
Linux on your PS3..

Alright, once you have linux up and running, log in using the username you made while installing. Open up a terminal (Applications->Accessories->Terminal) type in sudo passwd
Then enter your current users password once, followed by your new one twice. You can now use your root account.

Now, type in su and then input your root password to gain root access. Your going to need to create a dir to put everything in, I suggest creating it in the root of the file system. To create the dir type in "mkdir /files" without the quotes. Now type in "chmod a+rw /files" This allows all users to have full read/write access.
Now type in "chown username:username /files" Username is your username. This gives you ownership.

Now you need to run the exploit software by uploading it via a USB device. Put it on your USB, and insert it into your USB slot on your PS3. It will automount for you, and bring an icon up on your desktop. Click the icon to open up the file browser, and choose "Open in new window" then select "file system" and then "files" now put the files from your USB into the "files" dir.

You can now run the software. Don't run it in the current terminal while in GUI. Run it from console mode. If you run it from the current terminal, your PS3 will become very slow, and won't respond, and you'l have to restart it.

i have been trying to get linux on my ps3 for months now but it wont work. i put the img on root of a usb then run LV2 and click linux but then my ps3 goes to a black screen wtf i need help and stays there
03-08-2011, 12:33 AM #4
iDejaVu
Pokemon Trainer
This exploit allows you to read/write to ALL system memory.. And soon we might find METLDR.

Things you'l need:

Linux on your PS3..

ok i read about the terminal
when i was jailbreaking with nokia n900 ihave to initializate trminal on nokia too, maybe with terminal of nokia we got acess to ps3 using this exploit,enter on the memory on any firmware?

btw. with nokia 900 to jailbreak you need to USB and terminal on nokia soo i guess maybe with that terminal you can exploit xD
Last edited by iDejaVu ; 03-08-2011 at 12:38 AM.
03-08-2011, 12:44 AM #5
Originally posted by iDejaVu View Post
ok i read about the terminal
when i was jailbreaking with nokia n900 ihave to initializate trminal on nokia too, maybe with terminal of nokia we got acess to ps3 using this exploit,enter on the memory on any firmware?

btw. with nokia 900 to jailbreak you need to USB and terminal on nokia soo i guess maybe with that terminal you can exploit xD

I really don't get what your saying.. But if your saying using a nokia for this, I doubt it.
03-08-2011, 12:50 AM #6
Ares-NoLimit
HIGH ROLLA
I really don't get what your saying.. But if your saying using a nokia for this, I doubt it.

did you read my post above can you help me
03-08-2011, 12:50 AM #7
iDejaVu
Pokemon Trainer

I jailbreaked 3.41 with a nokia n900
To jailbreak i used An USB, connect nokia to ps3 . and Terminal app of nokia n900, i used terminal and have to writte something.

Soo i was thinking
If you can Acess the memory directly by the nokia,
Like,you connect Nokia with usb to ps3 and writte, maybe you get acess to memory too
03-08-2011, 12:50 AM #8
xScreamo!
Trading Kids For Angel Dust

Things you'l need:

Linux on your PS3..

Nice . Cool Man (aka Tustin)
03-08-2011, 12:58 AM #9

Things you'l need:

Linux on your PS3..

i had this ages ago:p
03-08-2011, 12:58 AM #10
HerbalEye
I'm thinking of a number...
Epic signature.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo