Post: PS3 linux exploit! Read/write to ALL system memory!
03-08-2011, 12:20 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This exploit allows you to read/write to ALL system memory.. And soon we might find METLDR.

Things you'l need:

Exploit binnary that you'l need: You must login or register to view this content.
Linux on your PS3..
Some knowledge of linux..

Alright, once you have linux up and running, log in using the username you made while installing. Open up a terminal (Applications->Accessories->Terminal) type in sudo passwd
Then enter your current users password once, followed by your new one twice. You can now use your root account.

Now, type in su and then input your root password to gain root access. Your going to need to create a dir to put everything in, I suggest creating it in the root of the file system. To create the dir type in "mkdir /files" without the quotes. Now type in "chmod a+rw /files" This allows all users to have full read/write access.
Now type in "chown username:username /files" Username is your username. This gives you ownership.

Now you need to run the exploit software by uploading it via a USB device. Put it on your USB, and insert it into your USB slot on your PS3. It will automount for you, and bring an icon up on your desktop. Click the icon to open up the file browser, and choose "Open in new window" then select "file system" and then "files" now put the files from your USB into the "files" dir.

You can now run the software. Don't run it in the current terminal while in GUI. Run it from console mode. If you run it from the current terminal, your PS3 will become very slow, and won't respond, and you'l have to restart it.
Last edited by EnVy_AsTrO ; 03-08-2011 at 01:08 AM.

The following 2 users say thank you to EnVy_AsTrO for this useful post:

iMAGEi, NextGenDev
03-08-2011, 01:00 AM #11
Originally posted by xScreamoV2 View Post
Nice . Cool Man (aka Tustin)

Thanks. I'm trying to exploit METLDR.. I'm getting close..

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Originally posted by Waninkoko View Post
i had this ages ago:p

Fake waninkoko is fake.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Originally posted by NoLimit View Post
i have been trying to get linux on my ps3 for months now but it wont work. i put the img on root of a usb then run LV2 and click linux but then my ps3 goes to a black screen wtf i need help and stays there

What version of linux are you using? Try using Ubuntu
03-08-2011, 01:08 AM #12
Ares-NoLimit
HIGH ROLLA
khos linux v3, i heard somewhere that you need to have an HD tv wtf is that true, cuz if so i have been shutting off my ps3 while it loads linux witch is very dangerous. cuz once i get the black screen i shut my ps3 off, i let i go for an hour once and nothing happend

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Originally posted by AsTrO View Post
Thanks. I'm trying to exploit METLDR.. I'm getting close..

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Fake waninkoko is fake.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

What version of linux are you using? Try using Ubuntu

so yea i need help
03-08-2011, 01:12 AM #13
khos linux v3, i heard somewhere that you need to have an HD tv wtf is that true, cuz if so i have been shutting off my ps3 while it loads linux witch is very dangerous. cuz once i get the black screen i shut my ps3 off, i let i go for an hour once and nothing happend

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

so yea i need help

Try using Ubuntu. If that doesn't work, it might be your TV. When you use linux, I believe that you must use your default graphic setup. Theres a way that can do this if your screen is black. I forget how, but just look it up.
03-08-2011, 01:15 AM #14
Try using Ubuntu. If that doesn't work, it might be your TV. When you use linux, I believe that you must use your default graphic setup. Theres a way that can do this if your screen is black. I forget how, but just look it up.

is that u in that picture? with ur moron brother ?

hahaha jk
03-08-2011, 01:17 AM #15
Ares-NoLimit
HIGH ROLLA

default graphics cord??
03-08-2011, 01:19 AM #16
WTL
$wagg
This exploit allows you to read/write to ALL system memory.. And soon we might find METLDR.

Things you'l need:

Exploit binnary that you'l need: You must login or register to view this content.
Linux on your PS3..
Some knowledge of linux..

Alright, once you have linux up and running, log in using the username you made while installing. Open up a terminal (Applications->Accessories->Terminal) type in sudo passwd
Then enter your current users password once, followed by your new one twice. You can now use your root account.

Now, type in su and then input your root password to gain root access. Your going to need to create a dir to put everything in, I suggest creating it in the root of the file system. To create the dir type in "mkdir /files" without the quotes. Now type in "chmod a+rw /files" This allows all users to have full read/write access.
Now type in "chown username:username /files" Username is your username. This gives you ownership.

Now you need to run the exploit software by uploading it via a USB device. Put it on your USB, and insert it into your USB slot on your PS3. It will automount for you, and bring an icon up on your desktop. Click the icon to open up the file browser, and choose "Open in new window" then select "file system" and then "files" now put the files from your USB into the "files" dir.

You can now run the software. Don't run it in the current terminal while in GUI. Run it from console mode. If you run it from the current terminal, your PS3 will become very slow, and won't respond, and you'l have to restart it.

does that mean i can put mw2 patches on it?
03-08-2011, 01:19 AM #17
Ares-NoLimit
HIGH ROLLA
and what about the one that just came out that graf made
03-08-2011, 01:23 AM #18
and what about the one that just came out that graf made

What do you mean? Yes it works with asbest but you need ubuntu.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Originally posted by watsonlambright View Post
does that mean i can put mw2 patches on it?

No.. If your looking for MW2 hacks go go MW2 hacks.. This allows you to read/write to ALL the system memory..=Cold boot attacks and such.. leading to find ALL encryption/decryption keys.. And I'm close. This is mainly for devs.
03-08-2011, 01:37 AM #19
Ares-NoLimit
HIGH ROLLA
What do you mean? Yes it works with asbest but you need ubuntu.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

No.. If your looking for MW2 hacks go go MW2 hacks.. This allows you to read/write to ALL the system memory..=Cold boot attacks and such.. leading to find ALL encryption/decryption keys.. And I'm close. This is mainly for devs.

i dont even know what ubuntu is, where do i get at and what does it do, you are helping me sooo much im sorry for so many questions but im desperate for linux

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo