11-27-2010, 02:56 AM #1
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
INFO:
Originally posted by another user
I am organizing a team or company completely dedicated to Game Design. The game idea has already been decided. The website is in the progress of being created here: You must login or register to view this content.and it is pretty much nothing right now. But things are starting to come together.

About Me:
I am a c++ programmer and I have completed reading You must login or register to view this content.(Great book to learn c++ btw). I have also watched many tutorials and I am pretty fluent in C++, STL, and SFML. I have created a few games with SFML but they were 2D. Now I am looking into making a 3D game and I am trying to build the base of it.

Requirements:

1. You Must Know OpenGL- If you don't, Read You must login or register to view this content. and You must login or register to view this content.
  2. You Must be pretty advanced in C++.
  3. Must be good with OOP.
  4. Must know STL well. (Vectors,Maps, etc...)
  5. Must know some SFML. As I am using this for the windowing system.
  6. Must live in the US or a time zone that is relativly close to Pacific Time.
  7. Must be helpful and know what you are doing.

Optional:
1. Know more about OpenGL and C++ than me.

Last edited by Ritztro ; 02-20-2011 at 06:22 PM.
02-04-2011, 07:32 PM #38
Originally posted by UP View Post
Glad you took the time to quote me and still not really read what I said, I never said they were the same, structurally yes, and with that said if you new C++ learning PHP wouldnt take much more effort. Kinda like if you know C#, C++ isn't much different

If you learn PHP, it does not mean you can just jump across to C++, yes you understand the concept of iteration, selection and sequencing but they are the basics of any language, but that does not mean you can just jump across and start writing applications.
02-04-2011, 11:27 PM #39
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by TheUberFail View Post
If you learn PHP, it does not mean you can just jump across to C++, yes you understand the concept of iteration, selection and sequencing but they are the basics of any language, but that does not mean you can just jump across and start writing applications.

with that said if you knew C++ learning PHP wouldnt take much more effort.

It truely is amazing what happens when you take the time to take in what was said. Once again you are making it seem like I am saying thing that I am clearly not, I said learning it not flat out writing stuff. He could have easily wrote a php page for login there are enough resources out there that he wouldn't even need to know an programming and still make one
02-05-2011, 05:38 AM #40
lmg123
Space Ninja
Originally posted by Dutch View Post
INFO:

About Me:

Requirements:

I'll be tester =D
02-05-2011, 05:36 PM #41
Girby2K11
☮ ☯ ☢ ✔ ➝
well im learning c++, its taking a long time, but it is quite easy to remember and get the grips off, what is the other languages your learning opengl?
02-05-2011, 09:06 PM #42
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
Originally posted by Girby2K11 View Post
well im learning c++, its taking a long time, but it is quite easy to remember and get the grips off, what is the other languages your learning opengl?

Well SFML is a windowing system and it is kinda like an addond for c++. Its called a lib. It has all these extra functions and classes to complete different things. Opengl is the same except its not as easy to learn as sfml. Opengl puts 3D stuff in OpenGL.
02-05-2011, 09:08 PM #43
Girby2K11
☮ ☯ ☢ ✔ ➝
Well SFML is a windowing system and it is kinda like an addond for c++. Its called a lib. It has all these extra functions and classes to complete different things. Opengl is the same except its not as easy to learn as sfml. Opengl puts 3D stuff in OpenGL.

ok cool, howq long did it take you to learn all of that seems like a long time.
02-05-2011, 09:10 PM #44
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
ok cool, howq long did it take you to learn all of that seems like a long time.

I started september 2010 and I know the neccesary c++ stuff and the neccessary SFML stuff. I am still working on OpenGL though. C++ for dummies. Look for it, it is a good book.
02-05-2011, 09:12 PM #45
Girby2K11
☮ ☯ ☢ ✔ ➝
I started september 2010 and I know the neccesary c++ stuff and the neccessary SFML stuff. I am still working on OpenGL though. C++ for dummies. Look for it, it is a good book.

im currently reading this book

You must login or register to view this content.

im upto page 114/430 =D i know the if,while,cout...etc

how much have you learnt?
02-06-2011, 02:40 AM #46
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
im currently reading this book

You must login or register to view this content.

im upto page 114/430 =D i know the if,while,cout...etc

how much have you learnt?

There is one that is 1000 something pages and I think its edition 2.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo