08-07-2017, 01:21 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Gran Turismo 6 CFW Editor (Garage Editor) By Razerman

Hi, I made this tool for editing the garage portion of the GT6 (save) "a while" ago. It only works with the temporary garage file found from dev_hdd1 when the game is running (CFW only). I'm sharing this now because there has been some angry guys whining because they can't remove the bumbers. Well now you can!! Winky Winky

Text tutorial:

GT6 Save Editor for the files in dev_hdd1 (while game is running).

1. Take the garage024.dat -file from dev_hdd1 and place it in the "working_folder"
  2. Open the editor and click File -> Open.
  3. Double click the car that you want to edit.
  4. Modify the hex codes as you wish.
  5. Remember to click save even between changing sheets.
  6. Click Save from the top left corner to apply changes for that car.
  7. Click File -> Save.
  8. Transfer the garage024.dat back to dev_hdd1.
  9. Change to the car you just edited.
  10. Profit!!!

Video tutorial:

You must login or register to view this content.

How to remove bumber, bonnet, etc...:

Carparameter offsets and bits (those 0x280 length blobs):

To remove a bonnet: Set 0x01B0 bits 4 & 5
To remove a bumber: Set 0x01B1 bits 5 & 6
To remove a wing: Set 0x01B1 bit and make sure wing code is 0xFFFFFFFF

Basically when you make two versions of the same part "applied" the game can't decide which one to put and puts nothing.

How to share and load a car (Version 1.0.2.0 and up):

1. Click Share Data
2. Adjust the Name, Description and Version accordingly. Doesn't really matter what they are, actual data sharing is still the same. It's just a helpful information about the car.
3. Click Copy Data and it copies the Base64 encoded JSON string to your clipboard for sharing.

1. Click Load Data
2. Paste the Base64 encoded string your found from online (NGU?) in the Data textbox.
3. Click Use Data and it will load the data to your currently opened car (automatically fixes the garage id).
4. Click save if you really want to save it.

How to use filters and sorting (Version 1.0.3.0 and up):

Sorting -> Just click the headers, there are both ascending and descending sorting available.

Filters

1. Starts With -> Model name starts with the search string
  2. Ends With -> Model name ends with the search string
  3. WildCard -> Model name matches the "like" string (* -> zero or more of any character; ? one and only one any character)
  4. Regex -> Model name matches the regex string

Changelog:

• - Fixed DateTime parsing crash
  • - Added filter options
  • - Added sorting options
  • - Fixed sharing form indexes for switching to next with tab -button
  • - Added car sharing
  • - Fixed listview double click highlights; Highlighting too far
  • - Added hexbox colors
  • - Added listview click takes you to correct place in hexbox
  • - Added listview double click highlights the correct area
  • - Initial

Download Version 1.0.3.1 (Mega.co.nz): You must login or register to view this content.
Virustotal: You must login or register to view this content.

Download Version 1.0.3.0 (Mega.co.nz): You must login or register to view this content.

Download Version 1.0.2.0 (Mega.co.nz): You must login or register to view this content.

Download Version 1.0.1.0 (Mega.co.nz): You must login or register to view this content.

This tool is clean but some antivirus sofwares will think it is one since it's obfuscated. Don't trust me? Then don't download.

Thanks to:
flatz, for his gttool source and it's encryption algorithms.
Last edited by razerman ; 03-25-2018 at 09:26 AM.

The following 12 users say thank you to razerman for this useful post:

Bosix123, BurtE, csgui, Decommit, Eat_Ur_Food, energie93, Indurated, JosefCFW, Marco_Legend, PinKPanther1020, SI_Hellcat, Jon Snow
08-16-2017, 05:40 PM #47
Originally posted by xNIGHTMAREM0DZx View Post
ah great now these cars are gonna be all over the place n thoughs of us who know how because of knowledge wont have really unique cars that sucks!

First of all, I don't think these cars are going to be "all over the place". And what do you mean with the "because of knowledge"? Anyone doing this based on this tutorial and tool do have the knowledge to do it because I gave it to them. Did you figure out a way to do this yourself or did someone tell you? If it's the first one, I'm sure you can customize your cars to be unique in some other way (I know I can). If it's the latter, how does it vary from what I shared here? In the latter case, if you didn't have a someone telling you how to do it, I'm sure you would appreciate this tutorial more than well.

The game is over 3 years old, stop feeling bad about not having unique cars. Just have fun with everyone else who has them too.

The following user thanked razerman for this useful post:

JosefCFW
08-16-2017, 11:37 PM #48
Originally posted by xNIGHTMAREM0DZx View Post
ah great now these cars are gonna be all over the place n thoughs of us who know how because of knowledge wont have really unique cars that sucks!

Get over it man, dont be so selfish. What's wrong with others having cool cars as well? It's not like GT5 where every lobby was just full of copy and pasted cars.
08-17-2017, 03:54 PM #49
csgui
Do a barrel roll!
Nice tool!

I can't access my dev_hdd1 file. There are no files inside.

What can I do?
08-17-2017, 05:09 PM #50
Do it while ingame. Webman (or another method to FTP while ingame) required Smile

@Razerman: I noticed some other files in dev_hdd1, what do they control? Car Storage?

The following user thanked PinKPanther1020 for this useful post:

csgui
08-17-2017, 07:07 PM #51
csgui
Do a barrel roll!
Thank you my friend, I'll try webman.
08-17-2017, 08:25 PM #52
csgui
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by PinKPanther1020 View Post
Sounds good! I'll give that a shot later.

May i just suggest a search function to.. well search cars in our massive garage? It's a pain sometimes to find a car when the list is going above 500+ cars :p

Can BlackBox FTP be used in this case?
08-17-2017, 09:48 PM #53
SI_Hellcat
Do a barrel roll!
I wonder if the grip offset can be found within that file
08-18-2017, 02:40 PM #54
Originally posted by PinKPanther1020 View Post
@Razerman: I noticed some other files in dev_hdd1, what do they control? Car Storage?

tmp_save_work.dat
Equivalent of GT6.1/GT6_1.1. It's a file that holds most of the settings/information in a save.

tmp_db_work.dat
Equivalent of GT6.2/GT6_1.2. Basically an SQLite database file which contains information like races done, paint chips, racing gear and what not.

tmp_garage_work.dat
Equivalent of GT6.3/GT6_1.3. It's the 3 sheets of car parameters for each car (You are editing those sheets in my editor).

game024.db
This is the tmp_db_work.dat file but I guess it's a temp file which is currently being processed or something.

garage024.dat
This is the tmp_garage_work.dat file but I guess it's a temp file which is currently being processed or something.

GT6.x files -> Version 1.00 of the game uses these.
GT6_1.x files -> Version 1.01 and higher uses these (money glitch fixed) files.

I recall modifying the tmp_save_work.dat and replacing it back to the PS3 but the game would just overwrite it. I don't know if after replacing, just clicking a save button (maybe rebooting after that) would've made the changes take affect. But I didn't bother testing that too much.

It might be that only game024 and garage024 are modifiable in real time. Haven't thoroughly tried anything else but the garage file which is modifiable in my editor.

Red-EyeX32 shared an example of decrypted save here: You must login or register to view this content.
Unfortunately the download link is not working anymore. But I still had it in my PC so I re-uploaded it here: You must login or register to view this content.

Originally posted by Hellcat View Post
I wonder if the grip offset can be found within that file

Grip Multiplier is at 0x165 but I guess it's not working anymore in the latest updates. Though I recall it working in the 1.00 patch.

The following 2 users say thank you to razerman for this useful post:

Eat_Ur_Food, SI_Hellcat
08-19-2017, 10:05 AM #55
xNIGHTMAREM0DZx
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by razerman View Post
tmp_save_work.dat
Equivalent of GT6.1/GT6_1.1. It's a file that holds most of the settings/information in a save.

tmp_db_work.dat
Equivalent of GT6.2/GT6_1.2. Basically an SQLite database file which contains information like races done, paint chips, racing gear and what not.

tmp_garage_work.dat
Equivalent of GT6.3/GT6_1.3. It's the 3 sheets of car parameters for each car (You are editing those sheets in my editor).

game024.db
This is the tmp_db_work.dat file but I guess it's a temp file which is currently being processed or something.

garage024.dat
This is the tmp_garage_work.dat file but I guess it's a temp file which is currently being processed or something.

GT6.x files -> Version 1.00 of the game uses these.
GT6_1.x files -> Version 1.01 and higher uses these (money glitch fixed) files.

I recall modifying the tmp_save_work.dat and replacing it back to the PS3 but the game would just overwrite it. I don't know if after replacing, just clicking a save button (maybe rebooting after that) would've made the changes take affect. But I didn't bother testing that too much.

It might be that only game024 and garage024 are modifiable in real time. Haven't thoroughly tried anything else but the garage file which is modifiable in my editor.

Red-EyeX32 shared an example of decrypted save here: You must login or register to view this content.
Unfortunately the download link is not working anymore. But I still had it in my PC so I re-uploaded it here: You must login or register to view this content.

Grip Multiplier is at 0x165 but I guess it's not working anymore in the latest updates. Though I recall it working in the 1.00 patch.

are you able to add a keyboard sort of thing to your tool so we can type using are computers instead of using the ingame lobby keyboard ?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo