Post: PSA: 5.0 PS4 update Breaks Save Wizard, DO NOT UPDATE
10-03-2017, 11:13 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You must login or register to view this content.

"IMPORTANT: System Software 5.00 has been released and saves are incompatible with Save Wizard For PS4 MAX. We advise you do NOT upgrade!"

well, good thing i don't care for online games, hope they don't take too much time to fix it.
10-03-2017, 03:01 PM #11
Ohh shit :(

Can any1 make me a starter save for the witcher 3 + all dlcs (Eu)

:( im on fw 5.0 now.

If any1 can thats realy cool ty
10-03-2017, 03:41 PM #12
Tustin
Balls of Steel
Pretty curious how Sony went about fixing this if old save games still work. From my understanding, Save Wizard works by using either devkit PS4's or 1.76 PS4's to decrypt the saves using the same function calls the console uses decrypt the saves normally. If it doesn't work anymore, they likely changed the key for encryption/decryption but that should theoretically break existing saves, unless 5.00 decrypts using the old key on the first round and then encrypt with the new key which is then used in the future. Unless I'm completely wrong, I don't really see a way Save Wizard can work around this.
10-03-2017, 04:12 PM #13
yamikit
Do a barrel roll!
For now...
10-03-2017, 04:24 PM #14
Originally posted by southpaw
This thread is a bit mis leading. You can still resign saves that are below 5.00 and put them on your console. You just can’t do that to 5.00 saves. So it doesn’t break savewizard just changes how you can use it

well, you can't put all the info in the title.
10-03-2017, 05:03 PM #15
Maybe this better, i want start the witcher 3 im on firmware 5.0 and cant edit my save.

If any1 can make a starter save that will be awsome

Ty
10-03-2017, 05:10 PM #16
SW said: Unfortunately it is not an accidental incompatibility but a very deliberate one!

It's a bad news:'(
10-03-2017, 05:33 PM #17
Massy75
Bounty hunter
I have done update .... Facepalm
10-03-2017, 05:55 PM #18
PSNTROPHYHUNTER
PSN Trophy God
Originally posted by Tustin View Post
Pretty curious how Sony went about fixing this if old save games still work. From my understanding, Save Wizard works by using either devkit PS4's or 1.76 PS4's to decrypt the saves using the same function calls the console uses decrypt the saves normally. If it doesn't work anymore, they likely changed the key for encryption/decryption but that should theoretically break existing saves, unless 5.00 decrypts using the old key on the first round and then encrypt with the new key which is then used in the future. Unless I'm completely wrong, I don't really see a way Save Wizard can work around this.

Yeah you seem to be right...old saves created on older firmware can be resigned and used on 5.00 but creating a save on 5.00 gives an error when resigning. So if they can't fix it people would either need to have 2 PS4s one on 5.00 the other on older firmware or ask other people to create saves for them on older firmware...sucks hope they find a fix!
10-03-2017, 06:51 PM #19
I just hope that ps4 save wizard can fix this :(

By accident saw the notification by save wizard NOT to update to v5.0 now Im fucked god damn it :(

Please Save Wizard you can do this we all got faith in you!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo