Post: PSA: 5.0 PS4 update Breaks Save Wizard, DO NOT UPDATE
10-03-2017, 11:13 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You must login or register to view this content.

"IMPORTANT: System Software 5.00 has been released and saves are incompatible with Save Wizard For PS4 MAX. We advise you do NOT upgrade!"

well, good thing i don't care for online games, hope they don't take too much time to fix it.
10-05-2017, 03:22 AM #38
yamikit
Do a barrel roll!
I can't help but feel bad for Xploder. This just makes their product seem even lower in value than it has been since it's release (mostly because they've just been failing to release any new saves, and haven't figured out re-region).
For the most part, at least it now houses a small sampling of pre-5.00 saves.

I also wonder if the research into now getting SW to work with 5.00 will eventually lead to re-region becoming a reality.

Just gonna be optimistic, and as patient as I can be. (I do still have a lot of PS3 I could get back to.)
10-05-2017, 03:39 AM #39
For everyone talking about the Terms and Conditions update.

There is nothing new about cheating or anything like that.

The same lines have been in the policy since last year atleast. (Probably a lot longer. But i have an old copy from 2016 which is exactly the same)

Whoever was spreading the info about the policy clearly hasn't looked at them in the past.
There is no sign Sony will take action.
10-05-2017, 04:36 AM #40
Its bad new's for me

I was started to modding resident evil 4 and resident evil 5

i've already ported some ps3 cheat code to ps4 version of the game

maybe offline mods is fine for me

Same like ps3 cfw ( risk of getting banned )
10-05-2017, 05:44 AM #41
Ichillmennbe
Gym leader
Originally posted by jbowers310 View Post
If they remove the ability to back up to USB we are all fucked :(

I don't think this would happened, because not all users are PS+ users. They also need to backup save files.
10-05-2017, 08:47 AM #42
Originally posted by jezzymods View Post
For everyone talking about the Terms and Conditions update.

There is nothing new about cheating or anything like that.

The same lines have been in the policy since last year atleast. (Probably a lot longer. But i have an old copy from 2016 which is exactly the same)

Whoever was spreading the info about the policy clearly hasn't looked at them in the past.
There is no sign Sony will take action.

I didn’t mean to cause any type of controversy with my comments. I didn’t read the terms the first time (few years ago) so that is on me. Only wanted to share something I had seen which I believed may be relevant due to the recent use of Save Wizard.
10-05-2017, 09:20 AM #43
Originally posted by onyx001 View Post
MY THEORY:
They first extracted save decryption key v1 from kernel 1.76.
Then Sony've upgraded save key to v2 and add special code to analyse save version and use right key to decrypt it and then always encrypt it with the new one (v2).
Fortunately there were private exploits up to 4.55 so SW could get new key. Then on v4 they simply bruteforced it by decrypting save from 4.55, then upgrading the same save to 4.70 and try to get the same result.
Now Sony could go further and add new step in encryption like: before using key v5 to encrypt, multiply all values by "X". It's nearly impossible to guess new step without exploiting 5.00 kernel.

The same situation was with Enigma machine. Our mathematicians from Poland fully cracked its encryption only when they took over one copy of that machine. Then the Germans added extra rotators and other things to complicate the cipher, just like Sony does to the save encryption these days. Now it's SW turn and we will see what comes next.

It happened to me once, when I accidentaly synced trophies from a game which has leaked two weeks before it's release (yup, that was stupid mistake). Since then I'm creating new account for every game so If they use their ban hammer on one of them, I won't lose everything.

Today, SW Said:
We are working on it, I can tell you is it is not easy, however there is a ray of hope. We have a zero day exploit! I wanted to just say Zero day exploits were worth their weight in gold, but I realized they are infinitely more than that! (They have no mass of course and anything divided by zero is infinite)

MAYBE...?

The following 2 users say thank you to sawako9 for this useful post:

luix, onyx001
10-05-2017, 10:29 AM #44
luix
Little One
Originally posted by sawako9 View Post
Today, SW Said:
We are working on it, I can tell you is it is not easy, however there is a ray of hope. We have a zero day exploit! I wanted to just say Zero day exploits were worth their weight in gold, but I realized they are infinitely more than that! (They have no mass of course and anything divided by zero is infinite)

MAYBE...?

iam sure they will find a solution.
this should tell us, that we should collect or keep always saves from lower FW's as backup in the future.

greets luix
10-05-2017, 12:43 PM #45
SkillerCMP
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Blurr24 View Post
honestly if for some reason they ever are not able to get this to work in the future I will just call my bank, and reverse the charges

No way in hell am I gonna have not have access to a product I paid for lol

when you buy this it states not to update until they have fixed the issue, also the save resigning/Codes still work on any save under 5.0 at the moment. so in reality you can still take ones save you want thats not 5.0 and resign it or add codes to it.
also Unless u just bought it in the last 7 days i cant see a BANK just reversing the charges. we all buy this device clearly knowing that Sony may block it down the road, and or if using codes online your account could be BAN.

if that was the case people would be doing it for everything they buy, just to Scam

The following user thanked SkillerCMP for this useful post:

luix
10-05-2017, 04:26 PM #46
You're very wrong. Says it right here.

You must login or register to view this content.

The following user groaned itylermartin for this awful post:

nickyg1217

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo