Post: PSA: 5.0 PS4 update Breaks Save Wizard, DO NOT UPDATE
10-03-2017, 11:13 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You must login or register to view this content.

"IMPORTANT: System Software 5.00 has been released and saves are incompatible with Save Wizard For PS4 MAX. We advise you do NOT upgrade!"

well, good thing i don't care for online games, hope they don't take too much time to fix it.
10-04-2017, 01:09 PM #29
jameshird85
Vault dweller
Originally posted by bobsandbag View Post
I’m knackered then. I’d have to start a new profile, re-buy all my DLC, lose all my PS+ games - and that would be just a profile ban. And I’d have to rebuy PS+ subscription again. It would be even worse with a console ban. I’m contemplating not using Save Wizard again, regardless. Shame really. Time will tell.

I buy basically everything digital. I would probably never touch another sony product again if they banned me for using single player cheats.
10-04-2017, 01:20 PM #30
Magikarp1114
I am error
Originally posted by jameshird85 View Post
I buy basically everything digital. I would probably never touch another sony product again if they banned me for using single player cheats.

I think the same. If they ban me that would be the last Play Station console I buy... And I've owned 3 PS4 so far...
10-04-2017, 02:48 PM #31
jameshird85
Vault dweller
Originally posted by Lightkira View Post
I think the same. If they ban me that would be the last Play Station console I buy... And I've owned 3 PS4 so far...

I assume it will still be safe to use as long as you are in offline mode. That is if save wizard guys can fix it.
10-04-2017, 04:33 PM #32
already got my two!
10-04-2017, 04:38 PM #33
I have 4 PS4's luckily .I updated one to 5.00 and it's one pile of $*** .
10-04-2017, 04:49 PM #34
Problem is now it is a waiting game. Could be banned tomorrow, next week, next year or never! The people who should be banned are the ones who cheat against other real players online only, but that’s always been the way it is. If we wanna use cheats offline to get through tough sections of a game so we can enjoy it more - then what is the problem? We have still bought the game so the game makers still get their percentage, right? How we play that game should be up to us. If we use a cheat here and there to enjoy the game, it’s better than not buying the game at all.
10-04-2017, 06:11 PM #35
onyx001
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Tustin View Post
Pretty curious how Sony went about fixing this if old save games still work. From my understanding, Save Wizard works by using either devkit PS4's or 1.76 PS4's to decrypt the saves using the same function calls the console uses decrypt the saves normally. If it doesn't work anymore, they likely changed the key for encryption/decryption but that should theoretically break existing saves, unless 5.00 decrypts using the old key on the first round and then encrypt with the new key which is then used in the future. Unless I'm completely wrong, I don't really see a way Save Wizard can work around this.

MY THEORY:
They first extracted save decryption key v1 from kernel 1.76.
Then Sony've upgraded save key to v2 and add special code to analyse save version and use right key to decrypt it and then always encrypt it with the new one (v2).
Fortunately there were private exploits up to 4.55 so SW could get new key. Then on v4 they simply bruteforced it by decrypting save from 4.55, then upgrading the same save to 4.70 and try to get the same result.
Now Sony could go further and add new step in encryption like: before using key v5 to encrypt, multiply all values by "X". It's nearly impossible to guess new step without exploiting 5.00 kernel.

The same situation was with Enigma machine. Our mathematicians from Poland fully cracked its encryption only when they took over one copy of that machine. Then the Germans added extra rotators and other things to complicate the cipher, just like Sony does to the save encryption these days. Now it's SW turn and we will see what comes next.

Originally posted by bobsandbag View Post
I’m knackered then. I’d have to start a new profile, re-buy all my DLC, lose all my PS+ games - and that would be just a profile ban. And I’d have to rebuy PS+ subscription again. It would be even worse with a console ban. I’m contemplating not using Save Wizard again, regardless. Shame really. Time will tell.

Originally posted by jameshird85 View Post

It happened to me once, when I accidentaly synced trophies from a game which has leaked two weeks before it's release (yup, that was stupid mistake). Since then I'm creating new account for every game so If they use their ban hammer on one of them, I won't lose everything.
Last edited by onyx001 ; 10-04-2017 at 06:25 PM.

The following user thanked onyx001 for this useful post:

Tustin
10-04-2017, 07:05 PM #36
I think Sony might be fairly lenient here. When cfw for ps3 was out I had emails from Sony saying they knew I had unofficial firmware and to remove it immediately. I eventually did and they didn't ban then so hopefully for people just cheating single player games they won't bother
10-05-2017, 03:19 AM #37
abufhad
I hate Social Media
You still can use old save resigned on update 5.0. I've tested yesterday but you can't mod your save from update 5.0

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo