Post: PSA: 5.0 PS4 update Breaks Save Wizard, DO NOT UPDATE
10-03-2017, 11:13 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You must login or register to view this content.

"IMPORTANT: System Software 5.00 has been released and saves are incompatible with Save Wizard For PS4 MAX. We advise you do NOT upgrade!"

well, good thing i don't care for online games, hope they don't take too much time to fix it.
10-05-2017, 04:38 PM #47
Dynamite
Vault dweller
Originally posted by itylermartin View Post
You're very wrong. Says it right here.

You must login or register to view this content.

That has literally always been in the Terms of Service. Even look at version 2.0 of the ToS that was created on November 8, 2007. You must login or register to view this content. Says the exact same thing. I've never seen PSN actually take action against save modders though.
10-05-2017, 04:54 PM #48
Tustin
Balls of Steel
Originally posted by onyx001 View Post
MY THEORY:
They first extracted save decryption key v1 from kernel 1.76.
Then Sony've upgraded save key to v2 and add special code to analyse save version and use right key to decrypt it and then always encrypt it with the new one (v2).
Fortunately there were private exploits up to 4.55 so SW could get new key. Then on v4 they simply bruteforced it by decrypting save from 4.55, then upgrading the same save to 4.70 and try to get the same result.
Now Sony could go further and add new step in encryption like: before using key v5 to encrypt, multiply all values by "X". It's nearly impossible to guess new step without exploiting 5.00 kernel.

The same situation was with Enigma machine. Our mathematicians from Poland fully cracked its encryption only when they took over one copy of that machine. Then the Germans added extra rotators and other things to complicate the cipher, just like Sony does to the save encryption these days. Now it's SW turn and we will see what comes next..

Good theory. That's most likely exactly how they do it. Although I heard from a little birdie exactly what kind of 0day these guys have and if it's true, we'll probably be seeing an update for 5.00 soon.
10-05-2017, 11:38 PM #49
Roran
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by 7429
That has literally always been in the Terms of Service. Even look at version 2.0 of the ToS that was created on November 8, 2007. You must login or register to view this content. Says the exact same thing. I've never seen PSN actually take action against save modders though.

Exactly.

Would Sony be in their rights to ban someone who edits his save file? Absolutely; it should be obvious to anyone using SW or another editor that they are technically breaking Sony's ToS; just like you said, this isn't anything new so I don't know why people now get surprised by it all of the sudden. But the recently updated ToS hold absolutely no indication that Sony will now suddenly start to ban people using save file editors which they (to my knowledge) have never done before, not even back in the long PS3 era. Sony will certainly continue to try to break SW with new software updates, but we aren't any more at risk of getting banned than we were before 5.00 and the recent ToS change.

If anyone has proof or indication that Sony has banned anyone in the past for save file editing in offline games or now wants to do that, feel free to bring it up, but otherwise there's no reason to panic now. If there's something we should worry about, it's whether or not team Save Wizard will get it to work again with the new firmware.
10-06-2017, 05:48 AM #50
Originally posted by 7429

After checking, same thing...
Maybe we are too worried lol
You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by sawako9 ; 10-06-2017 at 05:54 AM.
10-07-2017, 08:53 PM #51
I think there's a starter save up on here already. If you have SW just add extra cheats if needed and resign it.And copy it to PS4.If the saves below 5.0 on here then its fine and should work on PS firmware 5.0.
10-08-2017, 09:16 AM #52
luix
Little One
with 2 ps4 (one on 4.74 and the other on 5.00), ps plus (cloud) and psproxy it is possible to mod FW5.00 saves. just tried it and it works. Smile

btw: this confirms that sony "only" changed decrpytion of the saves on FW5.00, when copying to usb.
Last edited by luix ; 10-08-2017 at 09:30 AM.
10-08-2017, 09:56 AM #53
Magikarp1114
I am error
Originally posted by luix View Post
with 2 ps4 (one on 4.74 and the other on 5.00), ps plus (cloud) and psproxy it is possible to mod FW5.00 saves. just tried it and it works. Smile

btw: this confirms that sony "only" changed decrpytion of the saves on FW5.00, when copying to usb.

That's really interesting.

Could I use my 5.00 ps4 and psproxy to send someone with a 4.74 ps4 a save so he can share it with the community?

Sorry if it's a silly question, but it's the first thing I read about psproxy.
10-08-2017, 10:13 AM #54
luix
Little One
Originally posted by Lightkira View Post
That's really interesting.

Could I use my 5.00 ps4 and psproxy to send someone with a 4.74 ps4 a save so he can share it with the community?

Sorry if it's a silly question, but it's the first thing I read about psproxy.

you need psproxy to spoof FW4.74 to FW5.00. so that you can access psn with 4.74 ps4 and download the save from the cloud.

example: you send me a FW5.00 save, i copy it to my 5.00 ps4, upload it to my clouddrive and dl it to my 4.74 ps4. from there i can copy the save to usb and mod it. problem is, that i need the game installed for which the save is. otherwise the ps4 would tell me that i can't copy the save to my ps4 because there is no application installed for the save.

greet sluix

The following 2 users say thank you to luix for this useful post:

AkumaNYC, Magikarp1114
10-09-2017, 04:04 PM #55
Magikarp1114
I am error
Great explanation. Thank you!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo