Post: PS4 Jailbreak? How strong is the security on this console?
11-15-2013, 03:11 PM #1
svrob
Haxor!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well the console just came out and yes I know there is not going to be any jailbroken ps4's. But I want your opinion! How long do you think the console will last before someone finds an exploit that blows open the whole filesystem? Now that the instruction set on the ps3 is x86 and the cpu/gpu is basically the same as a gaming pc, if the console gets jailbroken we're talking running windows, who knows maybe even a dual boot thing, and yes I know that sounds crazy because the console just came out but that's how it is from a hardware perspective.

Now heres my opinion the ps3 took three years to be jailbroken and even then it was for consoles on one firmware. Then there were hardware flashers, but even those were patched in later releases of ps3 consoles the slims and newer slims

***The ps4 is not exploit proof, nothing is, new features and new hardware means new holes and new ways to execute that exploit. One feature that I read on a hacking site talked about how you can access the usb ports while the console was off and still charge usb devices. Apparently this has a possibility to be exploited.

The following user thanked svrob for this useful post:

ϟ c0rruption ϟ
11-15-2013, 04:44 PM #2
Cod4Bypass
I am error
Lol who is brave enough to make a ps4 jailbreak if someone is brave enough expect sony and fbi to arrive at your house. Because there jelllly
11-15-2013, 04:51 PM #3
Alt
Banned
Look how long it took the PS3 to get a jailbrake.

After what Geohotz done, I think Sony wouldn't let that happen again, or if anything for a VERY long time.

Also, I like modding/hacking yes, but why not just enjoy the power of the PS4 and enjoy gaming too.
Last edited by Alt ; 11-25-2013 at 06:54 PM.

The following 4 users say thank you to Alt for this useful post:

Oklahoma, Cee-Caw, kaoticfart, SmartProof
11-15-2013, 04:59 PM #4
Cesei
Banned
PS3 jailbreak is enough no need for PS4.
Last edited by Cesei ; 11-15-2013 at 05:22 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to Cesei for this useful post:

Fleek Designs, King Sosa
11-15-2013, 05:09 PM #5
Fox243
[b]Elite Founder[/b]
Originally posted by Alt View Post
Look how long it took the PS3 to get a jailbrake.

After what Geohotz done, I think Sony wouldn't that happen again, or if anything for a VERY long time.

Also, I like modding/hacking yes, but why not just enjoy the power of the PS4 and enjoy gaming too.

well my look on it is this. no system built is hack proof just no such thing there will all ways be expliots only time will tell how long it takes one to find this exploit then another brave soul to release it to the public.

now back to your post after what geo did. well sony will try but they will fail.
the best example is the iphone. how many version have came out of that and how many times again has it bin hacked.
it just takes time.
11-15-2013, 05:47 PM #6
Wolf07x
Its in the Game
Geohot was the reason of hacking ps3... he released the 3.41 keys. Ps4 modding or hacking is at the moment not possible and good so.. if i will found an exploit i will never release! For to much noobs that fucking up other peoples
11-15-2013, 05:53 PM #7
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
Originally posted by Wolf07x View Post
Geohot was the reason of hacking ps3... he released the 3.41 keys. Ps4 modding or hacking is at the moment not possible and good so.. if i will found an exploit i will never release! For to much noobs that fucking up other peoples

no thats wrong, geohot wasn't the first. He may have released the keys and made the first cfw, but it was an exploit found by someone else that made it possible for him. It was an australian team, cant remember who but they made the first backup manager

The following 9 users say thank you to DEREKTROTTER for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, Fox243, HomelandSec, IIzMerkMoDzII, Labrador, Mr.Azoz, MRxJxO, SonyBlack, supanova9
11-15-2013, 06:22 PM #8
SonyBlack
League Champion
Originally posted by DEREKTROTTER View Post
no thats wrong, geohot wasn't the first. He may have released the keys and made the first cfw, but it was an exploit found by someone else that made it possible for him. It was an australian team, cant remember who but they made the first backup manager

yes thats right.. geohot stole the work of fail0verflow and release it public without any permission.. this is why no one on the ps3 hacking scene accept him.. he is the biggest leecher on this scene.. he have knowledge and he know how to do, but he goes a wrong way.. ps4 will be hacked faster then ps3.. because, more technology inside a console there are more ways to find a exploid or else.. this time i think it will be found on the lan supports.. they dont changed many stuffs.. pup.. pkg.. params.. lv2.. sycalls.. all the same stuff like on ps3.. only new keys and better little chains.. not more..
Last edited by SonyBlack ; 11-15-2013 at 06:24 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to SonyBlack for this useful post:

DEREKTROTTER, Ozy
11-15-2013, 06:30 PM #9
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
Originally posted by lack View Post
yes thats right.. geohot stole the work of fail0verflow and release it public without any permission.. this is why no one on the ps3 hacking scene accept him.. he is the biggest leecher on this scene.. he have knowledge and he know how to do, but he goes a wrong way.. ps4 will be hacked faster then ps3.. because, more technology inside a console there are more ways to find a exploid or else.. this time i think it will be found on the lan supports.. they dont changed many stuffs.. pup.. pkg.. params.. lv2.. sycalls.. all the same stuff like on ps3.. only new keys and better little chains.. not more..

ye thats them

geohot left the ps3 scene then suddenly returned and took all the credit
11-15-2013, 06:34 PM #10
FiNal_EleMeNt
Bounty hunter
close this thread pls.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo