Post: PS4 Jailbreak? How strong is the security on this console?
11-15-2013, 03:11 PM #1
svrob
Haxor!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well the console just came out and yes I know there is not going to be any jailbroken ps4's. But I want your opinion! How long do you think the console will last before someone finds an exploit that blows open the whole filesystem? Now that the instruction set on the ps3 is x86 and the cpu/gpu is basically the same as a gaming pc, if the console gets jailbroken we're talking running windows, who knows maybe even a dual boot thing, and yes I know that sounds crazy because the console just came out but that's how it is from a hardware perspective.

Now heres my opinion the ps3 took three years to be jailbroken and even then it was for consoles on one firmware. Then there were hardware flashers, but even those were patched in later releases of ps3 consoles the slims and newer slims

***The ps4 is not exploit proof, nothing is, new features and new hardware means new holes and new ways to execute that exploit. One feature that I read on a hacking site talked about how you can access the usb ports while the console was off and still charge usb devices. Apparently this has a possibility to be exploited.

The following user thanked svrob for this useful post:

ϟ c0rruption ϟ
11-15-2013, 06:36 PM #11
Master0wn3r
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by DEREKTROTTER View Post
ye thats them

geohot left the ps3 scene then suddenly returned and took all the credit

he also took al the consequences lol
11-15-2013, 06:40 PM #12
Cien
Open Your Mind Before Your Mouth
Originally posted by EleMeNt View Post
close this thread pls.

why close this thread?
11-15-2013, 06:42 PM #13
FiNal_EleMeNt
Bounty hunter
sony has every right to secure it. good job. how would you feel if you came out with a product and has gotten jailbroken into? pissed the fuck off right?
11-15-2013, 07:42 PM #14
Porter_Justice
Cake is a lie
I get how this site came about and everything originally but can we simply enjoy the release before all of this?
11-15-2013, 08:39 PM #15
xMurphyBoiix
❶❸❸❼
You must login or register to view this content.
11-15-2013, 08:58 PM #16
Originally posted by Alt View Post
Look how long it took the PS3 to get a jailbrake.

After what Geohotz done, I think Sony wouldn't that happen again, or if anything for a VERY long time.

Also, I like modding/hacking yes, but why not just enjoy the power of the PS4 and enjoy gaming too.

technically it only took him like a year or maybe even less like 5 months or so
11-15-2013, 09:06 PM #17
Ozy
Hurah!
Originally posted by lack View Post
yes thats right.. geohot stole the work of fail0verflow and release it public without any permission.. this is why no one on the ps3 hacking scene accept him.. he is the biggest leecher on this scene.. he have knowledge and he know how to do, but he goes a wrong way.. ps4 will be hacked faster then ps3.. because, more technology inside a console there are more ways to find a exploid or else.. this time i think it will be found on the lan supports.. they dont changed many stuffs.. pup.. pkg.. params.. lv2.. sycalls.. all the same stuff like on ps3.. only new keys and better little chains.. not more..

you sure know your stuff bro. haha
11-15-2013, 09:17 PM #18
it will my friend soon
08-17-2015, 05:23 AM #19
CEX123
Gobble
the fbi wont come to your house. i think that if we buy a console we can do what ever we wont with it and sony cant do anything about it... yes they can take you to court but they are not going to win because the console is owned by you and your free to do what ever you want with it
Last edited by CEX123 ; 08-17-2015 at 05:25 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo