Post: PS4 Jailbreak? How strong is the security on this console?
11-15-2013, 03:11 PM #1
svrob
Haxor!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well the console just came out and yes I know there is not going to be any jailbroken ps4's. But I want your opinion! How long do you think the console will last before someone finds an exploit that blows open the whole filesystem? Now that the instruction set on the ps3 is x86 and the cpu/gpu is basically the same as a gaming pc, if the console gets jailbroken we're talking running windows, who knows maybe even a dual boot thing, and yes I know that sounds crazy because the console just came out but that's how it is from a hardware perspective.

Now heres my opinion the ps3 took three years to be jailbroken and even then it was for consoles on one firmware. Then there were hardware flashers, but even those were patched in later releases of ps3 consoles the slims and newer slims

***The ps4 is not exploit proof, nothing is, new features and new hardware means new holes and new ways to execute that exploit. One feature that I read on a hacking site talked about how you can access the usb ports while the console was off and still charge usb devices. Apparently this has a possibility to be exploited.

The following user thanked svrob for this useful post:

ϟ c0rruption ϟ
09-25-2015, 02:30 PM #29
Helping-Hand
Cake is a lie
Originally posted by svrob View Post
Well the console just came out and yes I know there is not going to be any jailbroken ps4's. But I want your opinion! How long do you think the console will last before someone finds an exploit that blows open the whole filesystem? Now that the instruction set on the ps3 is x86 and the cpu/gpu is basically the same as a gaming pc, if the console gets jailbroken we're talking running windows, who knows maybe even a dual boot thing, and yes I know that sounds crazy because the console just came out but that's how it is from a hardware perspective.

Now heres my opinion the ps3 took three years to be jailbroken and even then it was for consoles on one firmware. Then there were hardware flashers, but even those were patched in later releases of ps3 consoles the slims and newer slims

***The ps4 is not exploit proof, nothing is, new features and new hardware means new holes and new ways to execute that exploit. One feature that I read on a hacking site talked about how you can access the usb ports while the console was off and still charge usb devices. Apparently this has a possibility to be exploited.

My opinion, there is no way in hell Sony will allow someone to do what George Hotz (GeoHot) did to the PS3 to the PS4. There may be one but it's unlikely maybe in a few years... I do believe even if there are exploits found it wouldn't be a big thing as to Jailbreak a system...
09-25-2015, 10:12 PM #30
Originally posted by Alt View Post
Look how long it took the PS3 to get a jailbrake.

After what Geohotz done, I think Sony wouldn't let that happen again, or if anything for a VERY long time.

Also, I like modding/hacking yes, but why not just enjoy the power of the PS4 and enjoy gaming too.

it got jailbroken late 2010, so around 4 years, some kids lol

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo