Post: PS4 Jailbreak? How strong is the security on this console?
11-15-2013, 03:11 PM #1
svrob
Haxor!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well the console just came out and yes I know there is not going to be any jailbroken ps4's. But I want your opinion! How long do you think the console will last before someone finds an exploit that blows open the whole filesystem? Now that the instruction set on the ps3 is x86 and the cpu/gpu is basically the same as a gaming pc, if the console gets jailbroken we're talking running windows, who knows maybe even a dual boot thing, and yes I know that sounds crazy because the console just came out but that's how it is from a hardware perspective.

Now heres my opinion the ps3 took three years to be jailbroken and even then it was for consoles on one firmware. Then there were hardware flashers, but even those were patched in later releases of ps3 consoles the slims and newer slims

***The ps4 is not exploit proof, nothing is, new features and new hardware means new holes and new ways to execute that exploit. One feature that I read on a hacking site talked about how you can access the usb ports while the console was off and still charge usb devices. Apparently this has a possibility to be exploited.

The following user thanked svrob for this useful post:

ϟ c0rruption ϟ
09-08-2015, 12:56 PM #20
JuicyBanana
I am error
Originally posted by CEX123 View Post
the fbi wont come to your house. i think that if we buy a console we can do what ever we wont with it and sony cant do anything about it... yes they can take you to court but they are not going to win because the console is owned by you and your free to do what ever you want with it

No, you're for a part wrong. Yes u can find an exploit and use it but you have ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHTS to share it on the internet. That's what Geo did and that's why he almost got in prison
09-11-2015, 02:50 PM #21
lang1872
Do a barrel roll!
hope it doesn't ever ruined ps3
09-11-2015, 09:44 PM #22
The ps4 will one day be found too be jailbroken lmao trust me. It happens with everything there is always a way around or exploit to anything in this world. So I am glad it has not happened yet but it will happen one of these day's trust me.
09-11-2015, 11:11 PM #23
Ps4 plus jailbreak equals badass,
09-12-2015, 03:23 AM #24
Specter
Pro Memer
There's tons of reverse engineering that has been done on the ps4, but some of this has revealed just how difficult Sony has made it now. For one if I remember right, while there is a method of accessing the debug menu on the ps4 (via title ID), the actual back-end isn't implemented so it's useless (there is most likely a way to access it but I thought I'd throw this in here). On-top of that, a hash check is preformed upon every boot against the flash memory to ensure the firmware files are not modified. The flash in the ps4 is also encrypted with asymmetric public and private keys, unlike the ps3.

Sony definitely learned from their 3.55 mistake, but that's not to say definitively that the ps4 won't be modded, but it's to say that it will be extremely difficult.

I thought I should also note that PlayStation 4 runs on Intel x86-64 ASM (if I remember correctly, correct me if I'm wrong), where PlayStation 3/Xbox 360 ran on PowerPC assembly, so things would be a little different in that aspect as well.
09-12-2015, 04:17 AM #25
Well lets see buddy, it will only be a matter of time until it happens.
09-12-2015, 05:07 AM #26
Originally posted by JuicyBanana View Post
No, you're for a part wrong. Yes u can find an exploit and use it but you have ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHTS to share it on the internet. That's what Geo did and that's why he almost got in prison

so says a dumb ass
09-12-2015, 08:38 PM #27
nay1995
The Master
Originally posted by svrob View Post
Well the console just came out and yes I know there is not going to be any jailbroken ps4's. But I want your opinion! How long do you think the console will last before someone finds an exploit that blows open the whole filesystem? Now that the instruction set on the ps3 is x86 and the cpu/gpu is basically the same as a gaming pc, if the console gets jailbroken we're talking running windows, who knows maybe even a dual boot thing, and yes I know that sounds crazy because the console just came out but that's how it is from a hardware perspective.

Now heres my opinion the ps3 took three years to be jailbroken and even then it was for consoles on one firmware. Then there were hardware flashers, but even those were patched in later releases of ps3 consoles the slims and newer slims

***The ps4 is not exploit proof, nothing is, new features and new hardware means new holes and new ways to execute that exploit. One feature that I read on a hacking site talked about how you can access the usb ports while the console was off and still charge usb devices. Apparently this has a possibility to be exploited.

the ps3 didn't take 3 years to be jailbroken, lets get that straight, the ps3 at one time allowed users to create and run homebrew legally, sony found a flaw with this method and changed the system and its terms and conditions, this is the reason geohotz himself looked to exploit the console, it was a matter of months after the homebrew fix, that he found an exploit with the security which didn't store a variable correctly, the variable was set to static and not random which lead to the keys being found, and the team failoverflow took it from there.

there's no doubt that exploits will be found, but they will only work on specific firmware's and for a limited time, sonys whole approach is different this time, even if the console ever does get jailbroken, these jailbroken consoles will be shut down within days if not earlier.
Last edited by nay1995 ; 09-12-2015 at 08:40 PM.
09-18-2015, 11:56 AM #28
GamminModzV17
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by EleMeNt View Post
close this thread pls.

Y? I just learned some new history that has happend back when the ps3 was first modded. Never heard of this. But im really happy that i know who first modded the ps3 console!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo