Post: Split Screen Xp glitch, Video/Written Tutorial 2-8-11
04-08-2011, 11:29 AM #1
rockym56
[move]M.O.B.[/move]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This glitch still works as of 8-25-2011, after 1.12 update!!!

1st and foremost, all credits go to NextGenPen|s for finding this glitch… I just made a video to show proof to everyone who asked if it works..

You must login or register to view this content.

1. Have a friend in a player match lobby that has the privacy set to “open”
2. Go to Local > Split Screen > And choose the map/game mode u want.. I recommend “free for all”
3. Now u bring in ur 2nd player in the lobby, and hover over/highlight start game
4. Press (O) to back out of Split Screen, then choose Local, then highlight/hover over Split Screen
5. Press triangle to bring up ur friends list, and choose ur friend who is sitting in Player Match lobby
6. Go to the “join session” option in ur friends options…
7. Press (X) to join ur friends session..
8. Immediately after u press (X) to join session, with both controllers u simultaneously (at the same time) press (X) on both of ur controllers as fast and quickly as u can.. And that’s it folks….

*8-8-2011 update*
>> If u are having problems with step #6, when u click on join session, try pressing (x) on controller #1 & #2 at the same time, and keep on pressing (x) really fast until the map loads up witn no gametype.. U see, this glitch is based on speed, on how fast u can press (x) on both controllers after u join ur host.. I found the glitch to work easier for me, by getting a head start on pressing (x) on both controllers when u actually choose to join ur host, rather than pressing (x) on controller #1 to join, then pressing (x) on both controllers..
>> So basically, press (x) on both controllers really fast when u choose to join session, and the glitch should b a little more easier to do..
>> How does this help u?? This method will make u a split second faster when pressing (x) on both controllers, that split second can mean the world of a difference with this glitch..

Like I said B4, step #8, is going to be the tricky part.. I occasionally ended up in a split screen match with the map and game type showing when the game is loading up.. If this happens to u, then u know u are close to getting this bad boy to work… I did boost with this glitch the 1st time I got it to work, and I did not get banned, and all the stats did stick for online.. So good luck, and hopefully someone will find a easier way!!!

Update 4-21-2011
Here are some posts from fellow NGU users...

Tips:
> Good connection to ur host
> Be patient, this glitch will not work everytime
> Try different methods of joining ur host
> select default classes??
> choose classes at the same time to decrease chances of being kicked out of the game
> Try using different hosts, or friends, this could possible make the world of a difference..
> Good luck, and remember, u are boosting, so there is always a possibility of being banned and reset..
Last edited by rockym56 ; 08-25-2011 at 01:43 PM.

The following 17 users say thank you to rockym56 for this useful post:

AlabamaHit, bartacus, black123456789, BuddhaBr0wnies, codwawandmw2, darkflame1990, decorockstar, dishcloth, iownall6, Proboscis, Soldier., thabeast_32, TheBurntCeltic, TheSameKiid____, tooskilled2k11, yourdude9
04-09-2011, 12:30 PM #56
Originally posted by rockym56 View Post
I know when I tried to use my classes 1-5 I got kicked.. I knew that was going to happen, because with most glitches, u have to use the default classes..

So u got it to show the map type and game mode, ex: nuketown and right under it free for all?? If so, then u are damn close.. At 1st I would just end up in my other ps3's lobby, then when I got quicker with the glitch, I would get the map name and game type to show up everytime.. And then like every 5 or 6 times I would finally get it to show nuketown with no game type, thats when I knew I got it right.. So u are close, just hang in there...

That is why I was wondering if we lagged our connection, would that help??

i think its easier if its ur other ps3 as u connect fast therefore you tap X rapid n it will work

The following user thanked Moreton for this useful post:

EpicRush
04-09-2011, 12:41 PM #57
rockym56
[move]M.O.B.[/move]
Originally posted by Moreton View Post
i think its easier if its ur other ps3 as u connect fast therefore you tap X rapid n it will work

U mean lag the other ps3 who is in the lobby waiting for u to use him?? If so, that is what I was thinking.. I do that all the time for my friends when they want to do the pro perk glitch.. I just boot up my other ps3 and lag the shit out of that connection so they can get the pro perks.. The only thing that sucks is that I will not get off until 6 more hours... I just did the glitch and recorded it so everyone could see that it did work.. Today I plan on perfecting this bad boy, or atleast finding out the easiest method to get it to work..

One more thing, how are u connnecting to ur 2nd ps3 or friend?? What method are u using??
04-09-2011, 01:47 PM #58
u should really put my method on here. Its easier and avoids the time delay. its in the other thread.
Here it is:
Heres a easier way.
1. Find someone to have an open party, in which you can connect to.

2. Go to local - splitscreen and change the game mode and settings. I would use nuketown and free for all, just because sometimes it puts you and your dier on the same team.

3. Highlight start game and add second controller

4. Click triangle and find you friend. This time click on them and actually choose join friend's party (NOT THROUGH INVITE).

5. Cancel the joining process with the second controller until you are at the menu screen. Tap X with both controllers (one and two) Rapidly.

6. If the game starts and is showing a game type you did it wrong.
It has start by showing the name of the map only.
Btw, you will be in actually in your friends party. Also if done successfully, it will show in your recent games but it will not start in theater. It would say the "cannot unload world" lol.

(There are times when you did everything right but the system did put you and the other controller on the same team... in that case try again)
Last edited by Khmaisoldier ; 04-09-2011 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Alternative Method
04-09-2011, 02:16 PM #59
rockym56
[move]M.O.B.[/move]
Originally posted by Khmaisoldier View Post
u should really put my method on here. Its easier and avoids the time delay. its in the other thread.
Here it is:
Heres a easier way.

2. Go to local - splitscreen and change the game mode and settings. I would use nuketown and free for all, just because sometimes it puts you and your dier on the same team.

4. Click triangle and find you friend. This time click on them and actually choose join friend's party (NOT THROUGH INVITE).

5. Cancel the joining process with the second controller until you are at the menu screen. Tap X with both controllers (one and two) Rapidly.

Btw, you will be in actually in your friends party. Also if done successfully, it will show in your recent games but it will not start in theater. It would say the "cannot unload world" lol.

(There are times when you did everything right but the system did put you and the other controller on the same team... in that case try again)

So u are saying that after step 3 u do not have to back out, then click on lan and hightlight split screen, then press triangle to find u friend and join him?? Just skip the backing out part, and press triangle to find friend and join him??
04-09-2011, 02:41 PM #60
Church_Chicken
The Local Nigga
So u are saying that after step 3 u do not have to back out, then click on lan and hightlight split screen, then press triangle to find u friend and join him?? Just skip the backing out part, and press triangle to find friend and join him??

brooo, i clicked x really fast and all, but like for example nuketown demo loads with my custom classes online name but the split screen classes i made. then it just kicks me......
what i did is after clicking x to join session in progresss i just hit x ****ing fast as hell on both is their something else to it?
04-09-2011, 03:23 PM #61
rockym56
[move]M.O.B.[/move]
Originally posted by Chicken View Post
brooo, i clicked x really fast and all, but like for example nuketown demo loads with my custom classes online name but the split screen classes i made. then it just kicks me......
what i did is after clicking x to join session in progresss i just hit x ****ing fast as hell on both is their something else to it?

U are on the right track.. I would get the same thing u got 5 times in a row, then on the 6th time I got the game to load with no gametype, just the name of the map.. Just keep trying, u should get it sooner or later.. It took me like 25 times to get it to work for me my 1st time...

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Originally posted by Khmaisoldier View Post
Here it is:
Heres a easier way.

When I get home in 4 hours I will try this method out.. If it works good then yea I can add it to my original post, but I will not add it b4 I try it out..
04-09-2011, 03:23 PM #62
Soldier.
The Legend

Nah man, I tried like that and it don't work.

When you back out, you don't have to highlight split screen you can just highlight local, it's actually the only way I got it to work.

I almost had it working with 3 controls too, but it ended :( BUT it was right because it only said nuketown, no game mode. But, doing this is a little trickier. Gotta go split screen, only connect 2nd control, then do as normal but tap X on the 3rd control ( could do 4 but I only got 3). NOTE, when it loads the game incorrectly and it kicks you back to the split screen party, you'll see all 3 players there, you MUST back out and go back in then add 2nd control and back out again. Otherwise when you try to join your friends party the game thinks you have too many local players in your party so it won't work.

Other than that, I think this glitch just comes down to luck in getting it to work.

The following user thanked Soldier. for this useful post:

rockym56
04-09-2011, 03:33 PM #63
rockym56
[move]M.O.B.[/move]
Originally posted by TheReaperMan View Post
Nah man, I tried like that and it don't work.

When you back out, you don't have to highlight split screen you can just highlight local, it's actually the only way I got it to work.

I almost had it working with 3 controls too, but it ended :( BUT it was right because it only said nuketown, no game mode. But, doing this is a little trickier. Gotta go split screen, only connect 2nd control, then do as normal but tap X on the 3rd control ( could do 4 but I only got 3). NOTE, when it loads the game incorrectly and it kicks you back to the split screen party, you'll see all 3 players there, you MUST back out and go back in then add 2nd control and back out again. Otherwise when you try to join your friends party the game thinks you have too many local players in your party so it won't work.

Other than that, I think this glitch just comes down to luck in getting it to work.

Yea, I also believe its all about luck.. Thanks for the heads up with the other guys way, I will take a look at his way when I get home... I will definately try to get 3 or 4 players in the lobby also, but thats like making a glitch thats hard to do, even tougher...lol..
04-09-2011, 03:40 PM #64

After you join with the first controller (like join session square button (PS3)). Cancel the joining process with the second controller by pressing circle two times. This will bring you to the main menu.
Press "x" on both controllers rapidly. *To add you must do this within two seconds or less.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo