Post: [FIX] RTM Tool Error "Object reference not set" [FIX]
06-01-2013, 11:55 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey NGU

If any of you are having trouble attaching a process in a RTM tool this is how you fix it (Or how I did anyway)

This is the error.

You must login or register to view this content.

Or it may be this.

Steps to fix it.

Go to the settings column on the XMB menu and go all the way to the bottom to "Debug Settings" and make sure all the following setting are selected.

Release Check Mode > Development Mode
Boot Mode > System Software Mode
Network Settings for Debug > Single Setting

Once you have done this, Reboot your PS3

Now Open up ProDG Target Manager

Right click on your PS3 and click Reset mode and make sure "System Software Mode" is checked.
Now right click and connect your PS3.

Go back to your PS3 and put the game in that you want to RTE. Once the game has loaded open up your favourite RTM tool and click "attach/connect" It should attach/connect successfully! :y:

If the error still persists, make sure you have only ONE PS3 console in target manager. If you have more than 1 then delete them.[/COLOR]

Hope this helped! It did for me Upside Down Happy
Last edited by FruitBurst ; 09-07-2013 at 10:39 PM.

The following 28 users say thank you to FruitBurst for this useful post:

{H} | Exception, abdullahjwz070, Anera, BadChoicesZ, BASEBALL4EVER12, Britis-, BroIDontMod, cod5cl, ComgeniesModz, DubstepHD, FwiskyFIFA, gamepwnzer, GJx, HackersForHire, HaTeRM4NR33T, Callumeleyy, JakeP0500, ResistTheJamsha, Kyzhh, Mango_Knife, Mythusala, Not Rage, ResistTheMoon, RTE Modz, Solo., The_Urban_Ninja, TrailMix, ZarusModz

The following user groaned FruitBurst for this awful post:

^TPP^
06-08-2013, 12:40 AM #29
jakehop22
Coupon Supreme
Originally posted by xFruitBurst View Post
Wait, are you RTE'ing wireless? Or do you have an ethernet cable connected to your PS3 to your router?

Before I was connected from PC to PS3. Now I have a wireless router/range extender accessory that I bought on Amazon. I plug it anywhere in the wall with an AC adapter, and then I plug the cord directly into my PS3 and it'll read it as a "wired" connection even though technically it's wireless.
06-08-2013, 12:50 AM #30
Originally posted by jakehop22 View Post
Before I was connected from PC to PS3. Now I have a wireless router/range extender accessory that I bought on Amazon. I plug it anywhere in the wall with an AC adapter, and then I plug the cord directly into my PS3 and it'll read it as a "wired" connection even though technically it's wireless.

Ahh ok, I might buy one. When ever I connect my PS3 to my Laptop I always get a moderate NAT and I can't open it. Thanks for the reply.
06-09-2013, 02:22 AM #31
hey i get this index was outside the bounds of array
06-09-2013, 02:37 AM #32
Originally posted by Viper

Make sure you have only 1 PS3 connected in target manager.
06-09-2013, 02:49 AM #33
Originally posted by xFruitBurst View Post
Make sure you have only 1 PS3 connected in target manager.

i do still not working you know a good easy tut how to do cod rtm thanks
06-09-2013, 03:17 AM #34
Look in the Playstation 3 Mods section there should be one.
06-16-2013, 05:36 AM #35
What firmware are you on. I am on 4.21.2 and i can not find that in the debug settings. Please help i know you on console crunch and i have you added on skype
07-02-2013, 05:07 PM #36
{H} | Exception
Error… Cat invasion!
Originally posted by Viper

That error is good. It means that it reads your PS3, but you are not in the correct game for the tool you are using. Just go into the correct game and you should be good. Smile
07-02-2013, 06:53 PM #37
Originally posted by FruitBurst View Post
Hey NGU

If any of you are having trouble attaching a process in a RTM tool this is how you fix it (Or how I did anyway) Special thanks to primetime43 who helped me through this!

This is the error.

Or it may be this.

Steps to fix it.

Go to the settings column on the XMB menu and go all the way to the bottom to "Debug Settings" and make sure all the following setting are selected.

Release Check Mode > Development Mode
Boot Mode > System Software Mode
Network Settings for Debug > Single Setting

Once you have done this, Reboot your PS3

Now Open up ProDG Target Manager

Right click on your PS3 and click Reset mode and make sure "System Software Mode" is checked.
Now right click and connect your PS3.

Go back to your PS3 and put the game in that you want to RTE. Once the game has loaded open up your favourite RTM tool and click "attach/connect" It should attach/connect successfully! :y:

If the error still persists, make sure you have only ONE PS3 console in target manager. If you have more than 1 then delete them.[/COLOR]

Hope this helped! It did for me Upside Down Happy

This worked for me one time, and seb's tool wasn't changing anything I was changing.
Thanks but this doesn't work for me anymore.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo