Post: Mods please close this already. It has become a battleground! <3 thanks babe
07-17-2016, 09:12 AM #1
anthonything
Space Ninja
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So if i may ask, why does everyone say there is an 'injection limit' for GSC size on PS3? Im pretty much 100% certain there is no such thing and that the block of memory we are injecting at just isnt big enough. Anyone have any rebuttals? If you say there is, please provide actual evidence and not 'i tried to inject xyz and it didnt work so there has to be' and more like 'size must be less than uint maxvalue' or something legitimate Not Happy or Sad. Thanks.

Answer explained for those who did not understand initially:
1: The only limit to GSC is the maximum memory partition you can reach before overwriting crucial system information or other files loaded into memory. This means that by finding a bigger memory space, you are able to inject much larger files.
2: The technical limit to GSC is impossible to reach, but is a fun trivia piece of information for those who want it (uint max value: 4294967295 bytes ) because GSC specifies file size in uint as a compilation parameter.
3: 0x51000000 will give you approximately 7.5MB of space for your GSC. (Not 100% sure of size because it was a tool i made that detected it and the tool cant handle non existant mem regions, but, its still a fuckload)
I have personally tested injection to this offset and it works fine. Only bug is that this apparently sticks in memory after ps3 restarts (no idea why, must be something important :P) so you will need to null out the space before injecting, but elsewise, enjoy.
Credit for this 'discovery' if you could call it that, would be nice. Thanks. Admins, you are good to close it.
Last edited by anthonything ; 07-27-2016 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Found huge memory partition

The following user thanked anthonything for this useful post:

BoatyMcBoatFace
07-17-2016, 09:33 PM #11
anthonything
Space Ninja
Originally posted by OfficialCoolJay View Post
ahh rightio maybe these issues between gsc working on only some platforms is issue with gsc studio?
and don't ignore the fact that strings are a limitation aswell, i heard that in zombies on some maps there are very little available,
i have even hit the limit on multiplayer, but thats because of having a loop that added new strings to the game over and over.
Basically people just need to code more efficiently with full understanding of how it impacts the rest of the code and game, then they won't have issues, but because most people just leave it a huge mess
and do it ugly using alot of unnecessary stuff such as 5 threads for a feature in there menu which could of just been done in 1 thread.

Yeah there is a canonical string table limit for sure. It is entirely memory based and involves unique strings.
07-17-2016, 09:34 PM #12
anthonything
Space Ninja
Originally posted by xTurntUpLobbies View Post
If you ever played on WAW, for ps3, menus like project x v2 and elasticity do not fit because of the com_hunkmegs is set very low on ps3. Im guessing devs did that since the ps3 doesnt have a lot of memory. Anyways, its the same issue here the ps3 is just fucked on memory

com_hunkmegs: Explain? This is really the only completely valid answer i have gotten lol. Thanks.
07-17-2016, 09:34 PM #13
anthonything
Space Ninja
Originally posted by Script
i have a question its probably pretty dumb but im curious

I see some people split their menu into 2 parts putting 1 part in a file named "_ambientpackage" and the 2ed part in another file named "_development_dvars"

Is it better to inject this way rather then inject with just gsc studio or a different injector ?

does this give you less of a chance of your console freezing while playing ?

or does freezing just have to with size of the menu ?

No. This is just a personal preference.
07-17-2016, 09:35 PM #14
anthonything
Space Ninja
Originally posted by MagnateSnake13
gsc the limit for me at least in the developed is 255 kb

Do you have an explanation or any solid proof? Id like to know why this is.
07-17-2016, 10:24 PM #15
EternalHabit
Former Staff
Originally posted by anthonything View Post
com_hunkmegs: Explain? This is really the only completely valid answer i have gotten lol. Thanks.

Raising the com_hunkmegs lets call of duty .ff files hold more code. Its in the eboot somewhere. I don't know if this has anything to do with black ops 2 though since we inject into memory. But it could since all cods use ff files. Google "cod waw com_hunkmeg"
07-17-2016, 10:31 PM #16
anthonything
Space Ninja
Originally posted by xTurntUpLobbies View Post
Raising the com_hunkmegs lets call of duty .ff files hold more code. Its in the eboot somewhere. I don't know if this has anything to do with black ops 2 though since we inject into memory. But it could since all cods use ff files. Google "cod waw com_hunkmeg"

Yeah that seems like it would only affect the real file size. Thanks though, it may somehow have something to do with it.
07-18-2016, 02:20 AM #17

I see some people split their menu into 2 parts putting 1 part in a file named "_ambientpackage" and the 2ed part in another file named "_development_dvars"

Is it better to inject this way rather then inject with just gsc studio or a different injector ?

people just do that so they can release there project as source but not give out there functions in the project which is pointless,
cause thats not source.
07-18-2016, 08:43 AM #18
oCmKs_4_LiFe
< ^ > < ^ >

Originally posted by OfficialCoolJay View Post
people just do that so they can release there project as source but not give out there functions in the project which is pointless,
cause thats not source.

splitting menu in 2 files does help. i kept freezing using just 1 file but wen i split into 2 files it doesnt freeze lol Smile

The following user thanked oCmKs_4_LiFe for this useful post:

OfficialCoolJay
07-18-2016, 09:13 AM #19
itsSorrow
In my man cave
Originally posted by LiFe View Post
splitting menu in 2 files does help. i kept freezing using just 1 file but wen i split into 2 files it doesnt freeze lol Smile

shut up u scammer

The following 2 users say thank you to itsSorrow for this useful post:

DoraTheKiller97, OfficialCoolJay

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo